Do you think the new Assault Weapon Ban will pass

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Opening up the NFA is a huge can of worms. Figure a stand alone law most likely.   That said, write letters. To your local news station, to the newspaper, to any politician you can reach. Be smart,

Weren't there also quite a few studies that proved the previous AWB did NOTHING to curb crime? (Mostly because the majority of crooks and gang-bangers didn't use them in the first place.) Let me see

If enough "knee jerk" folks like this idea....then yes! I do not want to see any of this crap happen, but there are too many bleeding hearts that think bans on certian weapons will stop crimes! If tha

you can bet that there will be a AW ban. congress is on x-mas break, so look for it in Jan. and it ain't going to be as 'mild" as the 94 one, for one thing I don't believe there will be a "grandfather" clause on mags. anyway, that's my hunch.

just have to see what the thing will have in it. just like any law there will probably be a few "loopholes" in it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

If enough "knee jerk" folks like this idea....then yes! I do not want to see any of this crap happen, but there are too many bleeding hearts that think bans on certian weapons will stop crimes! If that was true then the GFSZ would not have allowed this tragic event in CT.

Also if drugs were illegal then there would be nobody on heroin or meth right! They ban certian mags or firearms for "feel good" reasons, IE these folks "feel" like they are doing "good"! If that ban is true then D.C. and Chicago should be the safest places in the country right?

Being from CA maybe I have become a bit of a pessimist about these types of laws and the asses that let them in. For some damn reason I keep fighting though.

The other side is it may just blow over like the Colorado movie shooting did, with few new laws passed. The only difference now is "the children" that weighs on the ignorant folks minds more, and tends to sway much harder!(no disrespect ment to any of the tragic events, my hopes and prayers to all effected)!

• Like 1

so do you think there ill be a "grandfathered" in type thing so if you already own an ak (with a god damn bullet button) i will be able to keep it?

who knows? your hunch is as good as mine. my hunch is they'll just make a new category in the NFA and classify them as NFA weapons. so buying , selling or transferring them will be a real PITA.

anyway, we can go back and forth about what they might do, and it will all amount to a fart in the wind, it's nothing you can pin down,

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Opening up the NFA is a huge can of worms. Figure a stand alone law most likely.

That said, write letters. To your local news station, to the newspaper, to any politician you can reach. Be smart, be clear, and check your spelling.

The "as long as I keep mine" Mind set is why we are stuck with half these stupid laws instead of common sense stuff.

Common sense "if your family is crazy you must have a safe"

Really stupid "a barrel over 18" is safe a barrel under is a deadly weapon". Get real, they are the same thing.

Common sense "you need a few hours of training to buy your first gun"

Really stupid "You can't buy ammo from china because they are evil commies" Get real, half the world is made in china, if they are evil Ban tv imports too.

Common sense "have something on drivers licence that says if someone is crazy or a past felon"

Really stupid "Reclassifying rifle ammo as pistol ammo". Simple rule, if a pistol takes rifle ammo its a SBR or AOW, if a rifle takes pistol ammo its a carbine. And .22lr should be called what they are, "airless pellet guns".

I think "Common sense gun laws" are important. Problem is "common sense" and "compromise" are anti-gun code for: "you give up something, we give up nothing and call you unreasonable jackasses"

(sorry just a rant).

Edit to add one.

• Like 3

A female senator is not the same as a pile of 20 children's bodies... I know it really hit me hard (still does). I can only imagine what impact it has had on non aligned and anti gunners. Anyways, if this does not trigger something you can be sure that the assault on 2A rights is only beginning. Remember that Barry's second term has not even started yet.

• Like 1

Opening up the NFA is a huge can of worms. Figure a stand alone law most likely.

That said, write letters. To your local news station, to the newspaper, to any politician you can reach. Be smart, be clear, and check your spelling.

The "as long as I keep mine" Mind set is why we are stuck with half these stupid laws instead of common sense stuff.

Common sense "if your family is crazy you must have a safe"

Really stupid "a barrel over 18" is safe a barrel under is a deadly weapon". Get real, they are the same thing.

Common sense "you need a few hours of training to buy your first gun"

Really stupid "You can't buy ammo from china because they are evil commies" Get real, half the world is made in china, if they are evil Ban tv imports too.

Common sense "have something on drivers licence that says if someone is crazy or a past felon"

Really stupid "Reclassifying rifle ammo as pistol ammo". Simple rule, if a pistol takes rifle ammo its a SBR or AOW, if a rifle takes pistol ammo its a carbine. And .22lr should be called what they are, "airless pellet guns".

I think "Common sense gun laws" are important. Problem is "common sense" and "compromise" are anti-gun code for: "you give up something, we give up nothing and call you unreasonable jackasses"

(sorry just a rant).

Edit to add one.

Yes be patient be firm and have the facts on your side.

The FBI crime reports have a LOT of useful information about murder rates and such,.

http://www.fbi.gov/a...ed-offense-data

Note stuff like only 60% of murders actually involve a gun at any time. That the majority of those murdered by a gun knew the person who killed them. Those kind of passion/revenge based murders aren't going to suddenly stop with a simple ban. Point out that most people (even more so for non gun owners) have a far higher chance of drowning in their pool (especially kids) then being shot to death. Ditto for riding/driving cars and all those other daily activities that we engage in.

Here's a quick list of stuff that is MUCH more likely to kill you.

http://en.wikipedia....f_death_by_rate

Keep the argument focused on the people who commit them. Don't let them distract you with emotional pleas. Focus on solutions that will help mentally disturbed family members get help and guns out of their hands. This is where a strong public option with strong availability in treatment options for mental disorders. If the thought of having a government offered insurance program bothers you might I suggest something along the lines of what the Swiss have. The Swiss have a government health care plan that covers basic treatment and such but you also have the option of adding on to that coverage with private luxury plans that expand on the publicly available plan.

Maybe a discussion about the glorification of violence in this country needs to be had? Maybe the militarization of the police needs to be stopped and more community outreach needs to be engaged in so it's more likely someone will report these people before they can enact their plan? A re-examination of the whole concept of "stop snitching" is in order.

Expanded NICS capability for private sales for no charge maybe? This would have the added effect of removing the "gun show loopholes" so many of them complain about.

The biggest single school murder spree in the history of this country didn't involve one person being shot (the bath school disaster).

Hopefully after Christmas is over and next month rolls around cooler heads will prevail. Assuming some other complete moron doesn't go off the deepend and shoots something up.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Yeah, it'll pass. If enough congressional cockroaches, (aka: CC), want to fall on their swords.

Congressional cockroaches are career politicians.

Career politicians ride the "insider" gravy train.

A CC's worst nightmare is to be voted out of office.

No more gravy train.

No more insider status, and, all that wonderful money, sex, bribes, kickbacks, etc. that "status" brings.

CC's number 1 priority is self preservation of their seat on the gravy train.

All CC's remember what happened during AWB 1 in '96.

The liberal CC's got their asses kicked to the curb, BIGTIME.

They call gun control the third rail of politics for a reason.

While I know some will endorse and vote for a ban, most are too concerned with self preservation to reach out, and, grab that third rail.

Hope I'm not wrong about this.

If I am, a whole lotta law abiding citizens will become instant outlaws.

And, if that happens, I think many will cave and turn in their evil black rifles.

And, many more will raise their middle fingers, and, say: "You want it? Come and get it!"

Hello Revolutionary War, part deux.

God help us...

Edited by John U.

(I had an argument with a buddy who did service in the Army about clips vs. mags... he was adamant that his training used the word clip)

I think there's a fair chance a ban might pass; to what extent, who knows. As far as taking weapons away... fat chance there. Outlawing/regulating magazines might very well happen. I can understand the argument that some make with hi-cap mags making killing in volume easier, but it does get handicapped a little when finer points are made about multiple low-cap mags.

I have most of what I want so I'm not too uneasy, yet. (that's just me being self-centered though)

Weren't there also quite a few studies that proved the previous AWB did NOTHING to curb crime? (Mostly because the majority of crooks and gang-bangers didn't use them in the first place.)

Let me see if I can find some links, we need to get all that information published everywhere too!

Added:

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/assault-weapons-ban

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/28/opinion/oe-lott28

** Best Example Ever!! :up: *FIXED*

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b9d_1309154946 *Quotes a report from Buckeye Firearms Assoc.

I found these examples in only 5 minutes from a basic web-search. The Truth is out there, if we can just make our Congress LOOK AT IT!!

(Kind of like shoving my dog's nose in it when he poops in the house. ;) )

Edited by Ronin38
  • Like 2

I wouldnt be surprised to see a ban on high cap. magazines very soon. It seems to me that mental health is getting a good amount of attention in this most recent massacre, so maybe will take some heat off those damn assault weapons. I also think that the fact that all these guns were purchased legally in a state that has an AWB in place already will possibly help deter people from thinking this is the problem. (but may make them decide an AWB is not enough...)

I think it's highly unlikely that we will see a mass "gun grabup" If the feds managed to get a bill passed outlawing firearms and demanding confiscation, im willing to bet more than half of the military and LEO's would not follow such an order.

Weren't there also quite a few studies that proved the previous AWB did NOTHING to curb crime? (Mostly because the majority of crooks and gang-bangers didn't use them in the first place.)

Let me see if I can find some links, we need to get all that information published everywhere too!

Added:

http://nbcpolitics.n...ult-weapons-ban

https://en.wikipedia...ult_Weapons_Ban

http://articles.lati...inion/oe-lott28

** Best Example Ever!! 032.gif *FIXED*

http://www.liveleak.......309154946 *Quotes a report from Buckeye Firearms Assoc.

I found these examples in only 5 minutes from a basic web-search. The Truth is out there, if we can just make our Congress LOOK AT IT!!

(Kind of like shoving my dog's nose in it when he poops in the house. wink.png )

Meh! Third link doesn't work! I was really curious to see what that one said since it was LA Times!

Edited by Shankspony

Just a thought,

Using AGI figures through 2008, estimating 1,212,400 abortions for 2009 through 2011, and factoring in the possible 3 percent undercount GI estimates for its own figures, the total number of abortions performed in the U.S. since 1973 equals 54,559,615.

http://www.abort73.com/downloadable_flyers/would_it_bother_us_more_if_they_used_guns/would_it_bother_us_more_if_they_used_guns.pdf

about SmilinEd's post. My guess is they are acting concerned about kids being killed and using it as a reason to ban guns but think it ok to rip a fetus out of a womans body and kill it. Just a guess. Do they really care about children was his point I think. FUCK NO. They had beers after the murders because they had a gun ban deal closer in there eyes I bet. Not on topic though.

Edited by rnemhrd

Well, folks here seem to think that there will be a ban of some sort, mags, rifles , firearms, etc....! right...?. Why haven't we seen a ban on box cutters, jetliners, alcohol and automobiles ..? Those tools have caused many deaths...

I feel for those parents, family members, students, staff and others that have suffered through this whole ordeal..

Pisses me off that others knew that this kid was a nut job and should have been locked away but, because they refused to take any action we have another shedding of innocent blood with the LIB-TARDS lining up to take our 2nd amendment rights away from law abiding owners of firearms.

Thats all

BTW, did anyone click on the link of my previous post...?