Should I go buy my 6 ak rifles before this stupid ban?

NO, its people like you(no offense) that are causing everything to sell out. There isnt gonna be a ban. Sure the Anti's are gonna use this tragedy to push for one but in the end its not gonna happen. Too many new gun owners with AK's and AR's to sit back and accept another AWB.

It has gotten ridicoulous because of people like our OP here( welcome to the sight and no offense intended). The great thing is once the possibility of a ban dissappears these people will have all of these rifles and nowhere to shoot them or any clue how to work on them or replace parts so they will have to sell them at a loss.

I still never thought I would see the day that WASR-10 were going for 650 dollars on some sites.

So far the only thing I have bought is magazines, parts, and an M&P 15 sport at lawmens for 575 out the door so I couldn't walk out of there without it at that price other than that they can have there 700 dollar wasr-10. Armslist is absolutely saturated with overpriced rifles and parts right now, hey at least ammo is till reasonable.

• Like 1

With the administration's blatant disregard for The Constitution, Congress, our rights, and our desires, I feel that at least something will happen that will make you wish you already had what you want. I lived through the clinton ban and wasn't financially able to buy anything before it. Many times I wished that I could have bought weapons and mags before the prices increased due to the ban. Get what you want while you can. Leave nothing to chance. If I can afford it, I get exactly what I want ASAP. I saw Polytech Legends go from about $200-300 to $2k+ in a matter of weeks. I am not interested in waiting around to see what happens this time. Call it "panic buying" if you like. I would rather "panic buy" than snooze and lose.

• Like 7

Another thing to keep in mind is in march I believe they are finalizing the UN guns treaty in march 2013. This could also in theory block imports of bulgarian/russian, and all other rifles, magazines, and parts. If you look at the january through march period of things it is looking super sketchy for gun buyers. I'm not really willing to risk it, and decided to just go through with it. I'm going to try and pick everything up before the 5th just to be safe. Unfortunately it seems everyone is doing this which is why prices are sky rocketing on everything.

Another thing to keep in mind is in march I believe they are finalizing the UN guns treaty in march 2013. This could also in theory block imports of bulgarian/russian, and all other rifles, magazines, and parts. If you look at the january through march period of things it is looking super sketchy for gun buyers. I'm not really willing to risk it, and decided to just go through with it. I'm going to try and pick everything up before the 5th just to be safe. Unfortunately it seems everyone is doing this which is why prices are sky rocketing on everything.

There are many factors that will be in play for the next few months....

general fear of what obama will do next

potential for prices to rise due to taxation on small business

potential gun/magazine ban

un treaty

tax returns

CHRISTmas

Looks like a stacked deck, to me.

I have the guns that I need just organizing parts and ammo. I am going to check a local gun shop later and if they have any ak-47's under 500 bucks then I will probably buy it just to keep as a spare to hand to family should the need ever arise. One thing alot of people are overlooking is definitely parts especially for magazines. My guess is if a ban were to happen that it would be permanent making parts for our hich caps very hard to come by but I am still pretty confident nothing will happen, with guns or caring for the mentally ill in this country. Obama will let it happen again and again until he can push his gun control agenda.

If oyuy have the money buy what you can when you can. Imports have dropped off a ton. No need to ban imports when all you have to do is not approve the shipment sitting on the dock over seas. They aren't approving much to come in with no ban or reasoning to deny entry.

Screw it. The shelves are already being emptied. Join the crowd. Buy what you can when you see it. Either join them or miss out. I wont be buying for awhile so I guess I just dont care anymore. Would rather more people be armed.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 3

Buy what you can, while you can. Not just guns, but parts and mags is also wise. I have to wait til after christmas before I can pick up anything else. I hope I can still get the items I want then. If not, I guess I'll have to just pay the crazy amount many places will ask.

But if you can afford it, then do it. Im not going to bash people that have the funds to pick up such items in the quantity they want. More power to ya.

What I suggest right now is to buy one rifle if you don't have any and use the rest of the money you set aside for other rifles on parts, magazines and ammo. It's better to have one rifle with spare parts, good quality magazines and a a supply of ammo sealed away before the panic buyers dry up all the suppliers, because who knows when the next shipment will be in.

So the choice is to buy now or maybe buy later with the chance that there may not be a later... Seems to me that there is no choice. And let's say there will be no AWB (highly unlikely imho) -- well, you have bought the tools you wanted/needed early. Where's the bad in that???

• Like 3

Well. . . went onto the K-VAR store website this morning and purchased four Bulgarian Circle 10 5.45x39mm magazines. At $36.99+ a mag (not including shipping) the damned things are of course over priced. . . but it has been my personal experience during the course of the last eight plus months that locating quality AK74 magazines is exceedingly challenging. Figured regardless of the cost, I might as well by them now before they are all gone. . . likely never to be seen again, or worse. . . prohibited entirely.

• Like 1

Atleast they haven't scarfed up all the powder, primers, brass and bullets yet. What good will all those new guns be without the stuff to make them go boom. Several places that I buy ammo from have dried up, so continue to roll my own. One thing that y'all may want to know, and I've seen in the reloading section, if you shoot the steel cased ammo and it's boxer primed, it can be reloaded, atleast one more time, in case of emergency, so don't throw it away.

Ammo is pretty much gone, if ya don't have it, good luck getting it.

]

Yep I went by academy just out of curiosity when I got off work. I had to see for myself. I thought after the election was bad. Passed at least half a dozen on the way out with guns.

The firearms counter was bare, they were selling displays and pulling guns out the safe as fast as people could ask. It was just men, but woman, and young adults....white, black, brown, yellow....everyone you could imagine. people are scared shitless is my guess.

There was a cop standing guard at the gun counter. I have no idea what happened today but ive never seen that. There was another cop on the ammo isle and the ammo was in shambles. There was an employee attempting to restock but was giving up and just putting out boxes on the floor. People snatching and grabbing....I left as fast as I could.

Edited by Chevyman097

I'm not in the USA so I'm comenting bassed on what has happened in the rest of the world.

Ammo will come back so as long as you have some you will be ok, rifles will get much more expensive and possably a lot harder to get and parts like mags will become pure gold