Front Sight / Gas Block Saiga Installation

I have a standard saiga IZ-132 7.62, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a Gas Block that also doubles as a front sight? Also, i have been reading and have learned that some AKs have 90 degree angle and 45 degree angle gas blocks. whats the difference? whats that all about? Thanks.

they refer to the path the gasses take to go from the barrel to the gas tube. A 45 degree gas block has the gasses travel back at a 45 degree angle(not a true 45, but you get the idea)

akgccut.jpg

A 90 degree gas block the gas travels almost straight up, and then back in the gas block.

(I can't find a cutaway)

664907.jpg

Now where this becomes important is in where the gas port must be drilled into the barrel.

212bwx1.jpg

Gas_Block_2.jpg

Does this sufficiently answer your question?

Oh, and krebs sells 90 degree gas block front sight combos

Its not a 90 degree gas block as it comes shipped, so I wouldn't recommend it.

You can re drill it to be a 90 degree if you know what your doing. It will also require modification to the area where the gas tube mounts up.

and your right... krebs seemed to have stopped selling them. not sure where your going to find one now. Maybe get one with 24mm threads and chop them off?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...