I think this is the time for silence!!! The hard winds blow, let them blow and for gods sake, let's bury the dead first!

Finally someone has the sense to be quiet!!!

The time will come and now is not it!!!

If you don't join the NRA now or are not a member i really don't what to hear your jabber!!

So, JOIN!!!

M2cents

I disagree with part of your statement, being a member or not of the NRA does not grant you some super status and give you more of a voice than someone who is not! I've helped many people on this forum by giving away NRA memberships and I continue to support them, but there are many suspect things about their origination that has many people not trusting them, so I can understand if people are at arms length with them. But your point is still very clear as far as I'm concerned, if people aren't working for this cause they are working against it! So JOIN!!! the fight in any capacity.

I agree 100% The nra may not be the most palatable thing to all american people but there the one of very few organizations with our best interests in mind. They have the money and the political connections to hopefully get things done and every one who values their right to carry, shoot and defend their family needs to jump on their bandwagon NOW. If everyone who loves the shooting sports would stand behind them our fight would be given more merit. Sadly, there are many of these people sitting on their asses, not calling, emailing, or writing their representatives or being vocal about what they love. They will only know what happened after its too late.

I too think they needed to jump in the medias ear sooner. Instead of being cautious, which they were. They should have screamed from the rooftops about the lack of security in schools and the united states's broken mental health system. They could have given a opposition from the start and maybe turned some heads and brought some more folk over to our cause.

The bullshit of it all is, the talking heads and politicians are not focusing on the right thing. Honestly, if guns were ACTUALLY the problem, I might think about their stance and give it some merit. But it guns are not the problem, statistics show it and the media hides it from the every day 'news watching' person. This 'gun ban' crap is taking away from what really needs to be talked about and solved, school security and our mental health system. Its moronic to say that guns are the issue. Mentally ill people who can get into schools, movie theaters and shopping malls with weapons, then use them unchallenged, is the issue. But that doesnt fall into any disarmament agenda and the solutions to the real problem are much more complex. They are basically saying this is the best way to go about preventing such massacres, not wanting to give the time to the actual problem. Its fucking unbelievable.

I really think the NRA did the smart thing for us. Coming out right away, while every anti-gun person (I dont say liberal, because I view liberal as meaning that my liberty is valued before state power), would not be a smart idea. It would refocus the discussion and make non-involved people think that the NRA is full of bad people.

They came out right in their statement. For god sakes, we do guard our money like its more valuable than our kids. Talk about screwed up values. I have been touting the need for armed response teams in schools for years. If I am forced to send my kids somewhere for schooling, they bettter take dang good care of my kids, and not allow them to be an easy target for derranged people.

I know the NRA does not have vote, and its just an organization, but when others see only 4 million members, they think gun owners are a severe minority, and they just don't care about their rights. If it was 100 million strong, especially immediately after the recent events, they'd definately think twice about calling gun owners a bunch of nuts, and the NRA as a bad guy organization.

Really, please join the NRA if you haven't already. They already do quite a bit of good for us, and it would increase if we had such an increase in funds to train and educate the public!