Extended Magazines

Okay, finally got to go out to the range and shoot my MKA-1919 today and had a big issue with the factory 10 rnd magazines.

I would fire 1-2 rnds and the magazine would fall out of the weapon. Now being that I thought, well maybe I didn't fully seat it, I tried again and made sure I had seated it firmly. Again after firing it twice the magazine fell out. Now puzzled I tried the second 10 rnd magazine I had, same result. Again and again both of the factory mags would fall out of the magazine well within 1-2 shots. Now the factory 5 rnd mags worked flawlessly. Even the 3inch Magazine I converted using the Salem 6 extension worked fine (as long as I only put 8 shells in the mag, another issue altogether) and did not fall out. Only the 10 round mags would fall out. Anyone having this issue?

I had the same issue with one of my factory 10rd mags. I took it apart and found that the punched out hole for the magazine release was not high enough by a very small amount. The release would begin to engage the magazine but would not go in far enough to secure the mag. I simple used a small flat diamond file and filed the hole a little taller on the mag little by little until the mag release would fully engage. Took about 5 minutes. The other mag I recieved was just fine but I think the quality control could be a bit better. I've had no feed issues since I removed that small amount of material from the magazine.

I was thinking of buying the salem mag extensions for my other mags, what happens if you load more then 8 rds in them?

Edited by eod1

Try a slip on Limbsaver...it really works !

Try a slip on Limbsaver...it really works !

Yep, not long ago shot OVER 300 rounds in 2 days , shoot a 100 in a couple of hours quite often.

Also my son put one on his 300 Win mag , before after about 5 shots , it was HARD to not flinch , after , you run out of $$ before you start flinchingbiggrin.png