Extended Magazines

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Embermage

Embermage

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Okay, finally got to go out to the range and shoot my MKA-1919 today and had a big issue with the factory 10 rnd magazines.

I would fire 1-2 rnds and the magazine would fall out of the weapon. Now being that I thought, well maybe I didn't fully seat it, I tried again and made sure I had seated it firmly. Again after firing it twice the magazine fell out. Now puzzled I tried the second 10 rnd magazine I had, same result. Again and again both of the factory mags would fall out of the magazine well within 1-2 shots. Now the factory 5 rnd mags worked flawlessly. Even the 3inch Magazine I converted using the Salem 6 extension worked fine (as long as I only put 8 shells in the mag, another issue altogether) and did not fall out. Only the 10 round mags would fall out. Anyone having this issue?

#2 eod1

eod1

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I had the same issue with one of my factory 10rd mags. I took it apart and found that the punched out hole for the magazine release was not high enough by a very small amount. The release would begin to engage the magazine but would not go in far enough to secure the mag. I simple used a small flat diamond file and filed the hole a little taller on the mag little by little until the mag release would fully engage. Took about 5 minutes. The other mag I recieved was just fine but I think the quality control could be a bit better. I've had no feed issues since I removed that small amount of material from the magazine.
I was thinking of buying the salem mag extensions for my other mags, what happens if you load more then 8 rds in them?

Edited by eod1, 18 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#3 Englishandy

Englishandy

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Had exactly the same experience with one of the two factory 10 rounders I bought. Did the same thing that eod 1 did. A few minutes with a smal flat file and the mag fits fine now. I've had no feeding problems with these mags, using Winchester target ammo.

#4 Embermage

Embermage

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

lol I will have to give that a try, but not tonight shoulder is pounded to hell and back lol

#5 compshootfl

compshootfl

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Try a slip on Limbsaver...it really works !

#6 toothandnail

toothandnail

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Yep, not long ago shot OVER 300 rounds in 2 days , shoot a 100 in a couple of hours quite often.
Also my son put one on his 300 Win mag , before after about 5 shots , it was HARD to not flinch , after , you run out of $$ before you start flinchingPosted Image

#7 flyer91

flyer91

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

What size (for what gun, or what part number) slip-on Limbsaver are you guys using?

I ask because when I looked at them, I saw various slip-on sizes for different guns.

Edited by flyer91, 21 December 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#8 compshootfl

compshootfl

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Limbsaver slip-on (medium). it's not a perfect fit , but as close as you are gonna get.

#9 toothandnail

toothandnail

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not sure the number on mine , it fits the AR15 style stock.
Here's yesterday 50 rounds under 40 seconds, coulda done 100 more if it wasn't SOOOOO cold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users