• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spetnaz Soldier

Spetnaz Soldier

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hye guys Im thinking about venting my gas tube on my saiga 7.62x39. i am wondering if i use a cutting wheel and vent 3 slots on each external rib of the tube will this weaken the tube. I think it is strong enough and it wont effect it much other than maybe run cooler and cleaner. What do you guys think?

#2 rnemhrd

Yes! I want to sit in the time out chair

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I just got 2 for $20. each. Had to fit it but it has holes and looks better. One had a fucked up 5th bonus hole randomly drilled in it. Going to have someone tack weld it up and grind it flush. In AK land shit like that happens. I can pm where I got it if you want. You can do it how you daid if you want. The tube is just a guide for the rod. Is'nt going to hurt it as long as it's on the outer ribs the rod does'nt touch. Same place they drill the vent holes. I also got a lower bolt on handguard retainer and use AK handguards.

Edited by rnemhrd, 19 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#3 TacticoolTim

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Probably won't hurt it as long as you don't get carried away. Drilling holes would be easier and safer (for the tube) but if you do FUBAR it you can always get a replacement. In other words, go for it.
Tacticool Tim, the Elite couch commando. Founder and CEO of SOLEMN. (Society Of Lethal Elite Mall Ninjas)

Saiga 12/Saiga 223/Saiga 308/AKA 7.62x39 and several off brand weapons as well.

#4 ChileRelleno

Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants. Our choice

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,499 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

I modded mine with vents.
Doesn't seem to have any ill effect on strength, it does have a positive effect with allowing heat to escape the forearm and cool it off a little faster.

Adding a sheet metal heat guard would be a great mod.
Some add vents on the bottom of the forearm too.
Posted Image

Edited by ChileRelleno, 19 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."
Mihail Timofeevič Kalašnikov
"I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine.
USPA# 106617, D#24868, 600+ jumps in 42/50 states, 36 fixed & 6 rotary winged aircraft, Highest 28,000'-Lowest 1,500', Reserve Rides-5, Injuries-1... SKYDIVE!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas tube, ak-47, saiga, rifle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users