Who would you send your Saiga to?

I'd do it myself seeing that is isn't very difficult with a few basic tools and the Shiek has up the website with all the peerdy pics and info. My problem is I find myself returning to AKUSA's website to stare at their finished product. $1000 is way over my gun budget but..but..but.. I can't stop thinking about going for it.

WOW :eek: $235 and I still need to get US FCG thats to much :dollar: for me.

I'll have to try to do it myself The pgrip and stock that is.

So how much do you think that it's going to run me to have someone install the feed ramp and who do I go see?

That is the one part of the job that i'm not comfortable with doing myselfe.

Hey, I keep seeing all the information on converting the Saiga to look more like the tradition AK and some of the big bucks involved in doing so. The Saiga is a great piece for the price but if you are going to spend a lot of money converting, why not look into one of the AK types put out by ARSENAL out of Las Vegas, NV. They are great right out of the box and you won't need to screw around with anything and the Bulgarian mags come in 5, 10 and 30 rd capacities.

Hey, I keep seeing all the information on converting the Saiga to look more like the tradition AK and some of the big bucks involved in doing so. The Saiga is a great piece for the price but if you are going to spend a lot of money converting, why not look into one of the AK types put out by ARSENAL out of Las Vegas, NV. They are great right out of the box and you won't need to screw around with anything and the Bulgarian mags come in 5, 10 and 30 rd capacities.

Because my wife gave me the rifle and I want it to take Hi-cap mags and I like the pgrip setup.

I'm going to keep the hand guard.. I like the looks of it.

Thanks for all the help.

I think that I pick up a feed ramp from K-VAR for $11 and a buddy of mine has a mill that I can us. So I,m gona go for it on my own.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

I'd do it myself seeing that is isn't very difficult with a few basic tools and the Shiek has up the website with all the peerdy pics and info. My problem is I find myself returning to AKUSA's website to stare at their finished product. $1000 is way over my gun budget but..but..but.. I can't stop thinking about going for it.

Too bad you didn't get one a couple years ago. My AK103 cost $595.00

:haha: Just teasing

Tiny- just read a post about someone having trouble installing the K-var bullet feed. Shame on me- no specifics about why they had woes or what exactly it took to overcome. For all I know- it might have been a 2 sec dremel tool operation til victory. Some folks posting are about as insightful as my lab pup telling me he needs to pee. :rolleyes:

Not sure I mentioned that there are Saiga 30 round mags available..ya gotta dig like a labrator. There is also a possibility of other stock Saiga mags upcoming but I shall hold my tongue til the deed is done....

I love my goverment and the ATF fellas work hard to protect me but I find it silly that my kid's 410 shotgun magazine cost more than the shotgun. How many rounds fit in the rifle that was given the name of the "Gun that won the West?" Before Mr. Winchester promoted the Winchester with a wooden forearm stock. So a Henry rifle is the true assualt rifle? Seems it served this nation's civilians and enlisted troops well before it was an evil thing to own hi-cap rifles. There is a lesson to learn though. The indian braves fighting the 7th CAV used Spencers and Hernrys(Assualt rifles-hi caps) Custard's troops used single-loaded Trapdoor Springfields. Yep-lots of time in between and lots of technology....but I can't help but feeling like someones trying to keep me out of the 'armed militia' loop.

If you get 'em to make pre-ban 410-10 round mags and send me one for $50 including shipping...I'll send you $50 worth of Hershey almond bars...

THE 30 ALMONDS PER BAR ones! :P

I thought it was pretty nice to have access to the hi-cap mags for $30 to go with my 7.62 for $199 at a small local shop. All in all a pretty good deal since CDNN raised their prices to $179. Now I just need to pick the scope. I'm thinking a 4X POSP but I'm still up in the air.