Gas block

Ok, I am planning on replacing my front sight block w/ a bulgy one I have had sitting around for quite some time. The question is, should I change the gas block, and if so, which one should I get and what else will I need to do? Thanks for all the info everyone is willing to supply.

I just replaced my front sight block and regret not changing the gas block while I had the fsb off. You will also be able to install a milsurp hand guard retainer so that you can use ak hand guards. I spent a couple of hours modifying a retainer to make it work on my rifle. If I had done the gas block, then it would have slipped right on. Do yourself a favor and if you do the gas block, do the retainer. The front hand guards are the biggest thing I did to mine to make it look ak'ish!

I just finished doing this a few days ago. replace both FSB and GB and handguard retainer with a bulgarian parts. Not much modification to the parts just minor sanding polishing to the barrel. removal was easy and with a press and installation was fairly easy. What took the longest was notching the locking pin for the handguard with a file and finding the right drill bit for the fsb and gb pin.