Magpul vs Tapco

I search on this forum (and many others) but I cannot find really good comparision between the Tapco collapsible and Magpul collapsible stocks on the Saiga 12. I have buds with both on AR/AKs and it seems for the AR Magpul is best and AKs the Tapcos are best.... If you follow that logic then I should get a Tapco.

However, I want something that is extremely reliable, made of high quality material, and doesn't wiggle within the mechnisims. Thoughts?

Given the criteria that you want, you can't go wrong with Magpul. I like VLT0R a lot as well. I think I'm in the minority around here by not shitting all over Tapco. I don't think they're as high quality as Magpul, but they're not total junk either. It's been a minute since I checked prices on each companies furniture/mags before all the panic buying started, but I generally remember Tapco being less expensive than Magpul.

One plus that I can give to Tapco is their polymer AK magazine. I bought some for my Saiga 7.62 at $6 or $7 each and they work just fine for the range.

the only good thing that come from tapco is their trigger groups. i wouldnt waste your money on much else of theirs

Tapcos AK 47 & SKS mags function great. They may be polymer, but hell even Boeing's new 787 is mostly composite.

Tapco is one of the few companies, if not the only one to make a reliable high cap SKS mags.

Their Timber Smith AK stocks are top notch.

Edited by Jetmech

I have a Kvar fixed stock definately wanted it over the Tapco; read too many complaints about loose Tapco stocks. Of the ones you listed I would get the Bonesteel milspec, I realy like those and thought seriously about it. But I didn't want to cut the tang off to install the mounting block.

I have a Kvar fixed stock definately wanted it over the Tapco; read too many complaints about loose Tapco stocks. Of the ones you listed I would get the Bonesteel milspec, I realy like those and thought seriously about it. But I didn't want to cut the tang off to install the mounting block.

Our stocks do not require tang removal.

Thanks for all of the great replies. I'm going to be getting the Bone Steel Arms unit and keep the existing buttstock (the one that comes with the BSA Unit) until I have determined which Magpul I want just due to the positive responses alone.

Thanks again!

Edited by TBK