Removing lower Gas Block Pin

Hello Everyone and Happy Holidays I'm new here and I just got my S12K and I am ready to do the gas port mod as I have 4 ports but only 2.5 visible but I'm finding it hard to remove the bottom pin under the gas block for some reason been punching for quite some time with no luck.

Can anyone help and thanks in advance

what about a nail hammer lol would that help at least?

I don't want to break anything Is there a way to do it with the gas block still on?

There is no way to do it with the block on. Unless you want to ruin your gun.

You can pick up a pack of small punches at many hardware stores they come in varying sizes and range for $10-15.

A nail.. might work. You should grind the head flat so it doesn't slip around while your trying to punch out the pin.

Use a wooden block under the gun right next to gas block for support so you can press down on it. The trick isn't how hard your hitting, but rather effectively transfering energy from the hammer to the pins. If your gun is bouncing around or shaking a bunch everytime you strike the pin all that energy is being lost to the shaking and not delivered to the pins. Just take your time support the gun correctly and it will come out.

what about a nail hammer lol would that help at least?

I don't want to break anything Is there a way to do it with the gas block still on?

There is no way to do it with the block on. Unless you want to ruin your gun.

You can pick up a pack of small punches at many hardware stores they come in varying sizes and range for $10-15.

A nail.. might work. You should grind the head flat so it doesn't slip around while your trying to punch out the pin.

Use a wooden block under the gun right next to gas block for support so you can press down on it. The trick isn't how hard your hitting, but rather effectively transfering energy from the hammer to the pins. If your gun is bouncing around or shaking a bunch everytime you strike the pin all that energy is being lost to the shaking and not delivered to the pins. Just take your time support the gun correctly and it will come out.

I appreciate the help everyone but my modding is now complete I just had to use some more power in the stroke to get that lodged pin out and then I widened the Gas Block hole to 3/8" which allowed all four ports clear unobstructed access into the piston. Liukewise all my ports where paperclipped and made sure to have no burrs or any obstruction within them. Overall I am very happy with the mod and will hopefully be hitting the range for next week for Evaluation