Walking around at the gunshow in Reno, saw one unmodified s-12 going for $995.00. As soon as I saw the price I started giggling, had to walk away. My brother looked at me and said, "Didn't you pay like $250 or something for yours?" Those folks at the gunshow are just blatantly trying to soak the panic-buyers for every penny they can. Kinda just disgusted with the whole thing. I didn't see any kind of real deals and no one wanted to bargain. Don't think I'll ever go to another one. I wonder if other gun show goers ended with similar intent?

Firearms dealers are not in the public service business. When supplies contract, their costs increase. When their costs increase, they have to charge more, or they are out of business and your access to firearms is further restricted, and costs and prices will continue to increase.

Supply and demand determines the price/cost of goods and services, and firearms are no exception. If you don't want to pay more for firearms, stop wasting your time griping on this forum, and write your legislators. Now.

• Like 6

Mike is right, so what the dealer paid 300 for a firearm, the next one will cost Him 600, He has to cover His cost.

That is what is so wrong about buying like this, we did it to our self's.

There are ALWAYS deals at gun shows if you know what you are looking at. People have the wrong attitude at gun shows, they go there looking for something specific and when they don't find the deal of a lifetime on their specific item they are pissed. Go with an open mind. For example, maybe you are hoping to find a Saig 12 but they are all over priced, maybe there is a great deal on an M44 or some specialty ammo. Last gun show I was at, I almost missed it but bought a factory S12 mag for $12.

I am always glad to hear people saying they are not going to gun shows, it is more likely for me to get the deal. Another great source of deals are the "non-dealer" tables or they other people walking through the show.

• Like 1

Hog, I have found LEO mags for Glocks at half price at the non-dealer tables.

I picked up 2 10rd factory Glock 9mm mags for $10! I don't even have a glock 9mm yet. But these are the types of deals I am referring too. There is always a great deal on something if you know gun stuff!

I haven't been to one in a few months, and will probably never go again. I've been to the one in central Florida at the Central Florida Fairgrounds, everything was way over priced, and few people wanted to bargain just like your experience. I found a guy selling some generic steel surplus Romanian mags in typical condition, he wanted no less than $25 a piece. I told him I would buy 6 for 75 bucks, he laughed and said "yeah if we were in the 90's, maybe". I held my breath even though I wanted to school his old decaying ass on what they really cost at the time (this was 6 months ago BEFORE all this bullshit gun ban talk). Same kinda story up in Jacksonville too... I've posted before a while back about this kinda crap. Gun shows are now a joke, just an attraction for anyone curious about guns it seems.

One could surmise we are seeing one more example of an over reaching government fucking up the free market.

One little three letter word $$$$$$BAN$$$$$

Imagine what how it will be when a bigger event takes place. Marshal law anyone?

If you haven't seen this coming and done some preparing maybe it's time to wake up. when it comes ( whatever "it" is) there probably won't be much more warning.

Just sayin.

K-var still have factory pistol grip S12 for $899 last I checked. I think these guys at the shows are paying retail and think they are going to find that sucker that does not shop around to stick it to. I just ordered a glock 23 online with free shipping. I have seen sites with the same model for less but when you ad shipping and FFL charges its anywhere from $35+ more. I have yet to see a deal at a gun show even from the dealers. You have to take into account your admission fee and sometimes parking. When I went to the Phx show this year parking was like $9 and entry was like $16. Hell, I was $25 in the hole when I started shopping. Long story short the only thing I have ever found a deal on was ammo and magazines.

Shooters Jacksonville (on wed.) was selling a CIA converted Saiga for $1500 ...

(they were charging 3k for an M&P Sport , )

I used Shooters for my FFL when I bought my S12. One of the newbie employees there stopped me and tried to run my newly received S12's serial number in their data base to see if I was stealing it as I was walking out with it. He didn't see my pick it up from the licensee in the back. I told him that they don't even sell S12's and a more seasoned employee saw what was happening and came over to tell the new guy to back off and that I could leave.

In addition, another employee a week earlier when I went in to originally set up the transfer told me that he converting the gun and "modifying" the receiver at all is illegal.

I have never been back and wont go back.booo.gif

, so what the dealer paid 300 for a firearm, the next one will cost Him 600, He has to cover His cost.

Yep...

Either people will need more to buy the next one... Or they'll need a couple extra bucks to get them by until they figure out WTF they're gonna do for a living now that their business was shut down by the great one, depending how everything goes.

The second Pops called and told me to avoid I-205 because there was a shooter at the mall & the freeway was backed up for miles, I began to make sure I had a backup plan that would allow me to live with a severe reduction in business while still staying in the game.

I've seen several builders selling off parts of their personal collections lately, and I can only guess it's out of fear that they may have to weather a storm pretty soon.

You can't get pissed at a guy who sleeps on a guillotine for trying to protect their necks when the trigger rope starts to tense.

Several brick & mortar shops around here are looking at seeing their doors close.

Ironically enough, the biggest price gouger in the entire state of Oregon (as some would say) Warren, of The Gun Room, is one of the only that doesn't have much to worry about because primarily he rapes people with inflated prices on over/unders, but has the best selection around...

Not just talkin' shit... Dude trys to tell people his Remmy 870's are $200.00 more than everybody else because they're made special for him. lol :rolleyes: