The Gun/Ammo/Mags Price/Scarcity Epic Whining Thread

Welcome to the Gun/Ammo/Mags Price/Scarcity Epic Whining Thread.

Please feel free to fully express your outrage at the irresponsible panic buying and price gouging sellers. And be sure to explain in detail how this all inconveniences you personally, and how horribly unfair it all is.

By putting all the whining, crying, finger-pointing, and general tantrum throwing in one thread, we can make it easier for the whiners to commiserate. And as a side benefit, it makes more room in the GD forum for other topics.

LET THE WHINING BEGIN (or continue actually).

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 4

Price is based off of supply and demand (and fear of the future demand dropping to zero)

Sure some price gouging sucks but consider this: If you are in the firearms business (especially small business owners) and your business is your sole livelyhood and your sole livelyhood may end, you get what another is willing to pay.

Also I have started thinking hard and fast about the order of importance during this panic buying (since the prices are rising and my budget is not)

#1 A good reliable weapon

#2 Surplus ammo out the ass (as important as the weapon)

#3 Backup weapon with ammo

#4 Additional mags and accessories are more a luxury than a necessity

My reasoning:

A reliable weapon without ammo is a club and I would prefer a sword

Having 100 mags and running out of ammo would be devistating

Having a ton of surplus ammo and all my mags are now broken (well at least I can use my semiautomatic as a bolt action rifle and it will still go BOOM

Supply and demand -- go figure...

I think another name for capitalism. Those that have making money by providing what those with money wants. There is nothing in capitalism that say's anyone needs to look out for the idiots that are willing to pay outrageous prices. Rock on!

• Like 3

Yeah, I have a whine to throw in here.

Went to a nearby wal mart to see how wiped out the ammo case was, expecting to see it empty so I could contribute a thread to the ongoing panic stories. On arriving I immediately noticed the case was mostly full and (GASP) there were TEN boxes of Tula 7.62x39 and TEN boxes of Tula .223. And ONLY $4.97 A BOX! So of course I had to grab all of it to appease my greedy, hoarding, evil black heart.

Congratulating myself on my amazing find I asked the counter man " I guess you guys are running low on ammo now?", to which he responded with a puzzled look "No, I think I still have two or three cases in the back, you want more?"

Now I'm heartbroken and crestfallen. And worse, I'm out $100 of grocery money for a not-deal! Maybe I should mark them up horrendously and sell them on gunbroker to appease my butthurt?

(snark off)

But they really did have more ammo.

• Like 2

I'm super upset that my stockpile of arms and ammo increased in value by an order of magnitude overnight. FUCK, this SUCKS how much more my collection is suddenly worth.

No, no. Upset is when the Gubmint taxes you on the newly increased value of your stockpile as a windfall profit!

• Like 1

I'm super upset that my stockpile of arms and ammo increased in value by an order of magnitude overnight. FUCK, this SUCKS how much more my collection is suddenly worth.

No, no. Upset is when the Gubmint taxes you on the newly increased value of your stockpile as a windfall profit!

Fortunately, it's only taxable if the profit is realized.

I'm not going to whine, bitch, or moan.

I'm Seating on a Gold Mine. Thanks to the Panic buyers.

I'll use my cross-bow to go shooting. At least I can retrieve the arrows and reuse them.

I'm just thankful for what I have. I could have nothing or went broke trying to buy in this market.smile.png

Just what I was talking to my OL today about this, if we get to hurting for money I can make some.

You know, for almost all my shooting life(well over 3/4 of my life) I have wished I was a US shooter rather than being stuck with my country's laws.

If what you guys fear comes to pass ill be glad I'm not

Btw the prices that some people are calling gouging are still less than what I would have to pay! Lets just hope you can always buy them

Well, believe it or not, I too got caught with my pants down on a few things and had to pounce on them before they increased in price. So, to fund my endeavors quickly, I sold off a PMAG collection, Vietnam era Colt mag collection, and a rare Spike's AR15 lower. I did well selling at prices slightly lower than others that I was seeing for identical items and got everything I wanted to get.... and then some ;)

I'm a hustla, Baby....

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I sure am glad I bought five packages of Hostess Zingers the week they went "tits up". I bought these things from a podunk little gas station with the pure intent to gouge out some eyeballs. I ended up eating two of the packages over this weekend, and I can't find anyone willing to pay $60,000.00 for the remaining three packages!

• Like 2