The tide is turning and the libs are starting to quiver...

Apparently the reaction from current and would be gun owners to a planned assault weapons ban is starting to freak out the liberals. Their non-stop attack on gun rights via their media dogs has backfired and sparked massive runs on ammo and firearms. This was not the reaction they expected, nor the comments coming in from people they interview. It looks like they awoke a sleeping giant. Biden and his committee better seriously consider what they come up with. He wants nothing more than to be the next President, but without the support of swing voters and thousands, maybe millions of young voters who may not be of voting age now, but will be in four years, he doesn't get in.

I'm starting to think that Obama might order him and his cronies to back down and maybe not ban the weapons and mags, but rather up the background checks for assault weapons only. They are being reminded repeatedly that a ban will be challenged in the courts, so they need to look for another avenue now.

We shall see. Keep up the fight folks. Hammer away in every liberal blog, media source and news outlet. Don't let them forget that we will remember in November if they punish the masses for the crimes of a deranged man.

I think the worst would be a 94 style AWB, and I give that 70/30 against it happening. I think FTF could probably disappear and perhaps internet ammo sales too. Maybe only hicap mags sales at time of original purchase. Whatever it is, I think it'll be more inconvenient than restrictive for most of us.

I am concerned that there is an ulterior agenda of getting the individual states to follow suit with CA, NY, MA, etc...

• Like 1

Apparently the reaction from current and would be gun owners to a planned assault weapons ban is starting to freak out the liberals. Their non-stop attack on gun rights via their media dogs has backfired and sparked massive runs on ammo and firearms. This was not the reaction they expected, nor the comments coming in from people they interview. It looks like they awoke a sleeping giant. Biden and his committee better seriously consider what they come up with. He wants nothing more than to be the next President, but without the support of swing voters and thousands, maybe millions of young voters who may not be of voting age now, but will be in four years, he doesn't get in.

I'm starting to think that Obama might order him and his cronies to back down and maybe not ban the weapons and mags, but rather up the background checks for assault weapons only. They are being reminded repeatedly that a ban will be challenged in the courts, so they need to look for another avenue now.

We shall see. Keep up the fight folks. Hammer away in every liberal blog, media source and news outlet. Don't let them forget that we will remember in November if they punish the masses for the crimes of a deranged man.

I was thinking the same thing today as I watched the talking head shows....There was a lot more talk about a magazine ban than an all out AWB. I think the current run on anything AR15, ammo, and mags has made them realize they probably won't get the votes....It's still way too early to tell.

I was at work Christmas party last night and I had several different people ask me how to get a CWP and most of them were were women. A couple even asked which pistol holds the most rounds and where they could buy a AR-15 032.gif

Keep it up! They only way we can make it thru this shit storm is to educate and motivate!

• Like 3

The actions of congress are only remotely and accidently aligned with either common sense or the will of the people.

We are in a 24/7 election cycle and we are not happy unless we bounce from crisis to crisis and enemy to enemy.

If the system worked with any rational process we would have never set foot in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Long way of saying, we can slide by with a mag cap limit or FFL licensing for all semi -auto rifles. I am not taking bets either way.

The actions of congress are only remotely and accidently aligned with either common sense or the will of the people.

We are in a 24/7 election cycle and we are not happy unless we bounce from crisis to crisis and enemy to enemy.

If the system worked with any rational process we would have never set foot in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Long way of saying, we can slide by with a mag cap limit or FFL licensing for all semi -auto rifles. I am not taking bets either way.

Hitler made the population register their guns, that's how they knew where to find themeyes_droped.gif
  • Like 3

"The worst thing that could happen" is any changes at all IMO. We are already over-regulated.

Well, as much as I would love a full-auto AR or Thompson, I have found I can live without one. Of interest will be to see if the FN 5.7 round will be affected...that puppy was DESIGNED to penetrate armor. A joy to shoot, wonderfully accurate, but hard to justify in any meaningful way, and yes, if it were not for the FN pricetag, I would have one in a second.

I think we will have to absorb a hit now and wait 20 years for the reversal to take place.

• Like 1

Hitler made the population register their guns, that's how they knew where to find themeyes_droped.gif

Yeah, but Hitler was legally elevated to power, by capitalizing on an abstract threat. We are not there yet. Oddly enough, in this case I prefer the excesses of liberals to the excesses of conservatives. It wasn't a liberal administration that has given us Guantanamo, Abu Grahib and waterboarding...oh, and Total Information Awareness....

"The worst thing that could happen" is any changes at all IMO. We are already over-regulated.

Well, as much as I would love a full-auto AR or Thompson, I have found I can live without one. Of interest will be to see if the FN 5.7 round will be affected...that puppy was DESIGNED to penetrate armor. A joy to shoot, wonderfully accurate, but hard to justify in any meaningful way, and yes, if it were not for the FN pricetag, I would have one in a second.

I think we will have to absorb a hit now and wait 20 years for the reversal to take place.

Reversals don't take place.

Name one country that has had a reversal of gun restrictions. (other then the 94 ban which was a hard fought sunset provision).

• Like 2

You sound just like the other people who talk about AP 5.7 guns or ammo that know nothing about them. You cant get AP ammo for it and the ammo that you can get for it

is not AP.

• Like 3

Gun restrictions and laws dont get reversed once passed. The '94 AWB was a 10 yr. deal. This next one likely wont expire. And there are far too many restrictions on our shit as it is. We dont need any more.

And I think you are a total Shit for brains.

Welcome to the forums.

haha.gif

Yeah, but Hitler was legally elevated to power, by capitalizing on an abstract threat. We are not there yet. Oddly enough, in this case I prefer the excesses of liberals to the excesses of conservatives. It wasn't a liberal administration that has given us Guantanamo, Abu Grahib and waterboarding...oh, and Total Information Awareness....

Cool aid much?

Reversals don't take place.

Name one country that has had a reversal of gun restrictions. (other then the 94 ban which was a hard fought sunset provision).

Prior to 1989 I purchased H&K 91, 93, SP-89 and Uzi. It has been over twenty years since Geo. Bush 1 instituted a temporary ban and I have yet to see these imported again. If history is any example you better stop it before deciding to wait 20 years.

Oddly enough, in this case I prefer the excesses of liberals to the excesses of conservatives. It wasn't a liberal administration that has given us Guantanamo, Abu Grahib and waterboarding...oh, and Total Information Awareness....

Silly Lib

I've been waterboarded. It sucks but it ain't torture. Yup we degraded human dignity at Abu Grahib -- big deal, sure beats being beheaded if we were captured and as for Gitmo, you want that scum in our prison system polluting the small minds here??? Look what this left wing admin has done in the last four years and then talk to me about how bad we righties are. Get a clue.

And don't worry DLT, I be cool

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 4

I pegged him for what he was when he said this one......not the only one either. What an idiot.

Sadly, what we need is another, unrelated tragedy...a coal mine collapse, Three Mile Island, a Thresher accident or something to divert attention.

Typical liberal. Hoping for harm and tragedy to others to divert attention to something else.

ok ok im playing nice now.

Just saying. Pier, push back a minute and just browse the forums. Learn some stuff about your new gun. Skip the political stuff for now. Get to know the place. Take a break then come back. You will find plenty of info, knowledge, and people willing to sacrifice and help around here just because they want to bring people like you to the good side. There are awesome people on this board. Im not one of the favorites, so go ahead and add me to your list lol. But if you keep spouting off retarded shit, you wont last long.

But hey, its pretty tense around here right now too. We could all use a vacation. Could just be bad timing and short tempers.

Ok, everyone carry on, im done now.

• Like 1

Pier23,

You come across as being articulate, and well thought in your posts, but you can't join a gun forum saying we should be willing to take a hit on this or any other ban when it comes to any 2nd Amendment issue. Not gonna be well received.

I'm getting the impression that you may be little of the Liberal persuasion. Might even be a Libtard troll.

Many members here have served in the military and have endured worse than our countries enemies have ever been treated, and that was just in training environments preparing to go to war with these shit bags.

I'm willing to give you another chance to man up. After that you're fair game.

• Like 5

Dont really care what pier says, but that said, it appears the Obama has only continued to consolidate power. They arent liberals, no one in the democratic party is, and they make me sick to call themselves liberals.

If they were liberal they'd understand personal freedom comes before government power, and that the lynch-pin to the personal freedom is the second amendment. As far as I am concerned, full auto should be allowed anyone who is sane, the "reasonable regulation" of firearms would simply be that we do not allow crazy or dangerous people to own them.

Tell you what, if you want to allow the crazy religious right to ban abortions, regardless of cause, then I will discuss some restraint. Until then, you lack an argument that shows any forethought.

What we need most is for people to pull their heads outta thier asses and accept the facts of what our constitution is and will always be. The law. The more people that feel we should compromise, the less rights we end up with. Everytime the people compromise with liberty, its always gone to the benefit of the left side. And they never stop. They keep wanting more. And the issue with the 2nd Amendment is not an issue at all, but rather fucktards pissing and moaning cuz they are'nt getting their way, and feel the urge to use the rights they do like to trample the rights they dont like. Its a package deal. We shouldnt be compromising anything.

• Like 1

I want to be clear, I wasn't offering to compromise anything, just making the point that they don't want to be forced to lose their rights, so they shouldn't do the same to me. At least, that is, if that was directed to my hot headed remark.

I want to be clear, I wasn't offering to compromise anything, just making the point that they don't want to be forced to lose their rights, so they shouldn't do the same to me. At least, that is, if that was directed to my hot headed remark.

No. it wasnt directed at anybody. Ive been on a few other gun boards today and far too many people were willing to negotiate with more restrictions and other rubbish.