SGM 12 round vepr 12 mag problem

So i got the 3 mags in 2 days ago that i ordered from CSS. I just got to attempt to use them today. I tried to put one in and it didn't click in very well. I opened another and same thing, it wouldn't lock in without force. I loaded 13 shells in one mag, oddly enough, then removed one round and shot only one round, then the mag dropped to the ground. I re inserted the mag and the same thing happened. Sooooo what's going on? Is there no one else having trouble? I even noticed there was a chip in the plastic where it licks into the well. I think I just wasted a bunch of money :-/

. I think I just wasted a bunch of money :-/

You didnt waste any money. SGM is known for standing behind its products.

You may have some frustration with new product hiccups. but they will make it right.

So take a deep breath. Wait for answers and enjoy the ride.

It's definitely not locking in, there's a chip in the catch of the mag now as well. So do I just keep working with the mags to get them to lock in? is that what you mean by break in period? I pushed pretty hard before. The factory mag slides in like butter.

Try rocking it, also try inserting it on a open bolt. All of our mags are identical from a new mold so the only variances will be with the shotguns. When you get it locked in properly it will not fall out even of you slap it forward or back.

SGM, ok now this is interesting. What do you mean by breaking in? I haven't shot the other two yet, but I did notice this. With the Russiam mags, When they are locked in, I can hit them with my palm forward towards the barrel, and they stay locked in. With all three SGM when I do this they release. Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong?

That is not normal and if that is what is happening then it is NOT locked in. I have posted at least 4 times now that there is going to be some variances in the guns. Our mags are all from a brand new mold and are basically identical. So with variances in the shotguns it may require a break in period with our mag in your gun. What you are doing wrong is not inserting and locking the mag in to the shotgun. If you are not happy with the mags you can return them to where you bought them and they will refund your money, or you can send them to us and we will replace them however what we send you will be identical to the 3 you already have and you will the same results. Bottom line is don't be afraid to smack, shove, and or hit the mag to get it to lock in.

• Like 1

Ok, one final observation. It seems like the shelf on the mag that the lever locks onto is chipping/ wearing a bit as Brando notes above. Is it possible that the molded tab on the back edge of the mag is causing the interference? It seems to my eye that it is raised a hair more than the Russian mags, but I don't have a micrometer handy to measure to be sure.

got my 10 rounders todaybad_smile.gif . They lock in just fine, tight as hell. that being said, my factory 5 rounder has a slight amount of up and down play in it. Thank you SGM for a fine product, and thank you CSS for the quick shipping during the holidays. And fuck you Obama.

• Like 1

If anyone is unhappy with their mags and want to sell them to me, I will happily remove a couple 10 or 12 rounders off your hands. I only ran SGM mags in my Saiga's and cant wait to do the same with my VEPR. they always locked up nice and tight and never gave me any issues.

got my 10 rounders todaybad_smile.gif . They lock in just fine, tight as hell. that being said, my factory 5 rounder has a slight amount of up and down play in it. Thank you SGM for a fine product, and thank you CSS for the quick shipping during the holidays. And fuck you Obama.

css is great on shipping, order one from him had it in 3 days. some of the other vendors might want to follow their practice. had (2) vepr 12 10 rounders ordered since mid october and still can't get them, they won't even answer emails anymore either (won't say who they are either). of course no chg until shipped but what good does that do if you can't get em. gregg at css is awesome and very busy but still takes time to communicate.....and the best part gets the product to you.

no affiliation either just damn good service!!

Edited by adjc
  • Like 2

I am in the same boat as you with a forum vendor. Placed a order a few weeks ago on "in stock" items. Now i can not get any form of communication with them, as they will not answer their phones or emails I have sent them. They did place a nice sign on their website after, after I placed my order, saying there could be an extended wait, but apparently if you pay extra you get expedited shipping. I even tried to add the expedited shipping to my order and pay extra but can not since they are incommunicado.

I missed ordering form CSS because my order was already in with them. Now CSS is out and i am still holding thin air. SUCKS!!!!!!

For me I had to take a little meat off the mags for the follower to not get stuck as my magwell/recover opening was putting to much pressure on the mag. As far as them not locking. If you give the mag a tap till it locks you will see where the gun is hitting the mag in the cut out recessed area in the middle of the mag. Give it a little bevel love with some sand paper. I did this several times with 240 untill my mags went in easier yet still positively locked with no play. Then cleaned up with 360/600/1500 sand paper. By the time you get done with the 1500 it almost looks like they came out of the mold that way...