pistol grip nut

Just wondering if anyone ever welds there pistol grip nut in with a tack weld just to make it easier to take the gun apart and not loose pieces? also how about a reinforcing plate or something. the hole on my 308 is part of the old trigger hole and seems kinda like it would be better to ad a small plate to the inside to reinforce around the hole ?

Just wondering if anyone ever welds there pistol grip nut in with a tack weld just to make it easier to take the gun apart and not loose pieces?

Although I could be mistaken, I believe the Tromix S-20 I purchased from Tony Rumore about four+ years ago had the grip nut tack welded inside of the receiver.

• 3 weeks later...

After picking up one of my rifles I noticed the last guy tacked the PG nut in place with a bit of black loctite two part epoxy. It never budged the few years I left it until I had to smack it out while disassembling to repaint the rifle and it took quite a bit of force. If you wanted to make it a permanent part a very small tack would work well.

I thought Tromix welded a stud to the receiver and used a nut to secure the PG. Much like using a DIY trigger guard.

There is really no point in welding the pistol grip nut to the receiver. Unless you just really love welding things...

Millions of Kalashnikovs do not have the PG nut welded.

• Like 1