Help Converting my Collection in WA

Trying to find out if...

anyone knows someone Reputable in the Olympic Peninsula (Port Angeles) Experienced in Conversions?

I have a 12, 20, 410, 7.62, 223 that needs to be converted.

Purchased all my Parts from CSS

I want to do them all myself, but just don't have the time or the best tools.

Please let me know!

Thank you in Advance!!!

I can't think of anyone to recommend to you, but if you're still stuck in a jam in a couple months, I'd be willing to help out. I just bought a house in the Gig Harbor area, will probably take a couple months to get things set up to where I would feel comfortable doing a conversion - don't even have a workbench in the garage yet. the 410, 7.62, and .223 would be a piece of cake. I'm not up to snuff on the details of the 12/20, but could work it out.

For a simple conversion, I think you could get a couple done in a day with the right tools, and I mean carefully and cleanly done. Look into doing it yourself first. It's not hard even with hand tools, just takes patience and care.

I'll check back with you when I start to get things whipped into shape here.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Trying to find out if...anyone knows someone Reputable in the Olympic Peninsula (Port Angeles) Experienced in Conversions?I have a 12, 20, 410, 7.62, 223 that needs to be converted.Purchased all my Parts from CSSI want to do them all myself, but just don't have the time or the best tools.Please let me know!Thank you in Advance!!!

Are you doing the bolt on style? That should be extreamly easy to do and all you really need is a drill, punch, needle nose pliers, and a can of paint. If you have a live center punch it will make it a little easier to center drill the rivets but not nessesary. You have to drill out 3 rivets on the trigger guard and 2 rivet pins for the old trigger.

Thank you for all the responses!

The hardest part is my two year old son wanting to help me with everything I do!!!

Unfortunatly I work out of the home.

Need a work shop ... bad! LOL

Either that or turn my kitchen into a conversion shop. Wife would love that one.

May have to take you up on the offer "mancat" ... trying to work on guns outside sux in our weather lately sad.png

Thanks again to everyone.

gunfun and I sometimes travel out to the port angeles area. our uncle has a shop out that way, honestly though it wasnt hard to do. i did mine in my living room with a dremel, a hammer and a punch set.

i would watch the videos on the carolinia shooters supply website and fallow the steps

• Like 1
gunfun and I sometimes travel out to the port angeles area. our uncle has a shop out that way, honestly though it wasnt hard to do. i did mine in my living room with a dremel, a hammer and a punch set.

i would watch the videos on the carolinia shooters supply website and fallow the steps

Let me know if your ever up in the PA area.

We shoot in my Backyard up here! ... when there is no surf LOL

I just wish I could watch just one conversion in person & then do the rest myself.

It's like anything for me, I really want to do things right by learning from the pros.

It really would be cool to attend a conversion workshop for Saiga Enthusiast.

I do think I will pull it off. Just may take awhile & some patients from my family wink.png

Thanks again for the inspiration.

• Like 1

How can you leave out doing the port work in a tent at a camp ground? That was the best part.

Trying to find out if...

anyone knows someone Reputable in the Olympic Peninsula (Port Angeles) Experienced in Conversions?

I have a 12, 20, 410, 7.62, 223 that needs to be converted.

Purchased all my Parts from CSS

I want to do them all myself, but just don't have the time or the best tools.

Please let me know!

Thank you in Advance!!!

I'd be willing to bet that once you get started, you can do them in less time than you will spend driving back and forth to the gun smith and calling him to see if he died since the last status. I would bet your first conversion will be 1.5 hours, and your second will be 45 minutes, and the rest will be 30 minutes each if you do them all in a row.

• Like 2
I'd be willing to bet that once you get started, you can do them in less time than you will spend driving back and forth to the gun smith and calling him to see if he died since the last status. I would bet your first conversion will be 1.5 hours, and your second will be 45 minutes, and the rest will be 30 minutes each if you do them all in a row.

i'll let you know next time i'm out your way. In the mean time it sounds like wasrNwarpaint is your best bet, since hes local year round.

Im south of you on the Columbia river , if your headed this way , I can do 1 or all for you

I just need to man up, get a babysitter and get to work.

And hope I don't mess up!

May have to start on my 20 gauge first, runs like crap anyway ... I think it may need port work LOL

Thank you all for your help ... If I mess up I'll be driving south to pay wasrNwarpaint or waiting for you guys to visit LOL

Thanks again Guys!!!

GunFun is right i did leave out the best part, we litteraly worked on my gas ports in a tent while in a campground during a family vacation.

I used a block of wood and a hatchet to pound off the block lol. Fond memories

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know if your ever up in the PA area.

We shoot in my Backyard up here! ... when there is no surf LOL

I just wish I could watch just one conversion in person & then do the rest myself.

It's like anything for me, I really want to do things right by learning from the pros.

It really would be cool to attend a conversion workshop for Saiga Enthusiast.

I do think I will pull it off. Just may take awhile & some patients from my family wink.png

Thanks again for the inspiration.

Whats the saying? Oh right, K.I.S.S.! Just watch the conversion video and do the S12 first. With the kit its VERY simple. I did mine on my own and then my friends later that week. Youll kick yourself for worrying about the difficulty. All you need is a drill for the rivets (a drill you should already have. If not, go buy one). And a dremel for the old trigger guard. When you spray it, dont tape up, just let it overspray so it blends in with the rest of the gun. That way there will be no tape lines. And be sure to drink a couple cold ones! Its actually a fun little project!

• Like 2