Hey guys, first off let me say that I am really excited about starting my first conversion project. It will probably be at least a month before I start. Today, during my lunch break, I plan on first, going by the bank and cashing my check, second I plan on calling Heritage Firearms (.com) and seeing if they have a NIB Saiga .223 in stock. If so, I might be picking it up today! (I sure hope so). If I cannot get the rifle real soon, I will probably just order all the parts for the project first.

Ok, so you can bet I've done my research, but I want to share what I've been thinking so far. Also, I'd like suggestions on different parts and vendors.

Gordon Single Hook FCG @ BJB $35

US Buttstock and PG @ K-Var $50

Buttstock screw (2) @ K-Var $3

PG Nut @ K-Var $4

PG Screw @ K-Var $4

and of course

Bolt Buffer - $10 @ BJB

Stamped & Notched Saftey lever - $31 @ BJB

What else do I need?

One question that should be pretty straight forward. When I've removed the two pins that hold the original trigger in place, is it necessary to cover them up? I've seen a few different ideas to fill in the holes but what I want to know is, are they holding anything in place??

Well, since I'm at work right now I guess I got plenty of time to read over Sheik's tutorial and look at parts.

I look forward to posting pictures of the rifle as well as the process. Until then!

uhm, with the extra cash you are spending, why not just get an SAR3? You are right there with the moeny anyway, pricewise, with your extra parts.

well shit maybe i will, but i wanted to do some real work :)

we'll see what they got, leaving in 15 minutes for lunch break

you've got the parts you need, the orignal trigger pins also hold a retaining spring for the new fcg, on Sheiks conversion page he used two binding posts to replace the original pins check the bottom of step seven.

i'm in the middle of the pg conversion aswell

i went through k-var for the pg screw and nut and i also got a new trigger gaurd with the mag catch built in. i went with joeken for the the saw fal grip, buttstock and a muzzle brake. and cheaper than dirt for the fcg

-thomas

You are spending way too much for parts. RPBUSA has high quality parts at rock bottom prices and excellent service. I spent right around $100 for my conversion parts. I filled the leftover holes from the Saiga trigger with 1/8 inch pop rivets backed up with small washers.