500 Murders in Chitown this year and they still don't get it.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/28/16212238-grim-milestone-chicago-records-500th-homicide-of-2012?lite

The last sentence: Larry Pickens, who is running in the special election in the 2nd Congressional seat, offered a few suggestions Thursday: "Teaching our young people alternative dispute resolution, non-violent strategies for addressing conflict and getting guns off the street."

Alternative dispute resolution. He wants to teach gang members alternative dispute resolution. And when he's done there, I suggest he teaches the radical islamists how to "hug it out".

And of course, "getting guns off the street" because the places with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime rates, so obviously the logical conclusion is... We're just not doing it ENOUGH.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

You would think that this would put an end to all of this left wing gun control bullshit. The most restrictive gun laws in the nation and the most homicides in the nation. That is why I've heard it said that liberalism is a mental disorder, they simply do not understand that their tired worn out ideas DO NOT WORK.

More over, they are actually contributing to the problem with everyone disarmed except for the criminals. To take left wing reasoning up one level, why don't we prevent the military from having weapons of any kind? Because we would be attacked overnight by china & russia you fucking idiots.

The nukes keep us protected at a national level, the guns keep us protected at a city level. Is there really any difference in the two?

• Like 5

See what people miss is the real point. They don't care if the streets are safe. They have armed body guards, for them the streets are very safe. They know they can't control criminals. But they can control inherintly good law abiding people who wish to just live peacefully. And those far outnumber the criminals, so for them it's a win win. Criminals keep the masses in fear, and they can swoop in for the rescue.. with more "gun control ".

• Like 2

When you make the comparison of Chicago to places like Colorado or Connecticut to the average libtard, their response is usually "oh you can't compare that, it's apples and oranges. Chicago took place over time and the CT and CO were in a matter of minutes."

So, not only does this reveal the liberal's mindest of not letting a tragedy go to waste, it also reveals how racist they are because they don't care about the accumulated deaths of inner city kids and teens compared to a mass shooting of whites.

Finally, their "logic" dictates that multiple situations involving:

a.) people being killed by other people,

b.) who used guns,

c.) in "gun free zones"

are incomparable simply due to the "kill rate", and as they would have be less apparent to you, the racial majority of the victims.

When you make the comparison of Chicago to places like Colorado or Connecticut to the average libtard, their response is usually "oh you can't compare that, it's apples and oranges. Chicago took place over time and the CT and CO were in a matter of minutes."

So, not only does this reveal the liberal's mindest of not letting a tragedy go to waste, it also reveals how racist they are because they don't care about the accumulated deaths of inner city kids and teens compared to a mass shooting of whites.

Finally, their "logic" dictates that multiple situations involving:

a.) people being killed by other people,

b.) who used guns,

c.) in "gun free zones"

are incomparable simply due to the "kill rate", and as they would have be less apparent to you, the racial majority of the victims.

If what you mean is are people more sensitive about a man killing kidergarteners, versus hardened gang members killing other gang members: Yes. Personally I'd have been just as appauled if lanza had walked into an elementry school in compton. However libtards don't see it as that as much.. it's all just one big number,( remember the whole "if it saves one life" argument) killing kids is what got the conservatives to say "oh god!! what the fuck?!!" I know personally if " Lil' Maricon " and " T-icehole" and " Billy Wanna B" wanna shoot it up in an alley I could give a shit less about the outcome so long no by standers get hurt.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

Yes, what I was referring to is that while the libs claim to be the "progressive, everybody love everybody regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, blah blah blah" party, they in fact don't give a shit more than anybody else and have their own preferences and prejudices. They're just able to hide it from idiots.

"What then is the relation of law to morality? Law cannot prescribe morality, it can prescribe only external actions and therefore it should prescribe only those actions whose mere fulfillment, from whatever motive, the state adjudges to be conducive to welfare. What actions are these? Obviously such actions as promote the physical and social conditions requisite for the expression and development of free—or moral—personality.... Law does not and cannot cover all the ground of morality. To turn all moral obligations into legal obligations would be to destroy morality." - R.M. MacIver

"What then is the relation of law to morality? Law cannot prescribe morality, it can prescribe only external actions and therefore it should prescribe only those actions whose mere fulfillment, from whatever motive, the state adjudges to be conducive to welfare. What actions are these? Obviously such actions as promote the physical and social conditions requisite for the expression and development of free—or moral—personality.... Law does not and cannot cover all the ground of morality. To turn all moral obligations into legal obligations would be to destroy morality." - R.M. MacIver

WTF? Can I get an english to english translation of this?

A piece of paper can't tell you right from wrong. And to allow it too robs those it's applied to of thier freedom, and you of your morality.

Short and sweet, and you may have heard it quoted differently: You can't legislate morality.

The original author is Britain English, so what you are really after is an English to American translation! I forget lots of people weren't raised with King James Bibles beat into them.

Or are you stuck on that word "morality"? I kid, of course...

Edited by slippingaway

Sigh, you guys just don't get it. Ganbangers are actually good, decent, productive members of society. its because of you, you evil gunowner, that the gangbangers have guns and shoot at each other. often missing. if those guns just weren't available, if you weren't so unecessarily worried about protecting yourself and wanting to use those silly rights of yours,those gang members would be out making art, doing poetry, helping the poor. Its all your fault. just let more legislation pass so all guns can be removed from chicago. cause, ya know, those guys will follow the law, well, that law, well, maybe. anyways, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT.

(please note, i'm being sarcastic i live in the chicagoland area and due to my job i'm forced to work there far more often then i'd lke to. my solution is brutal but simple. anyone caught with a firearm during a crime and has a history of violent behavior gets their hand removed. caught again? there goes the other hand. hard to shoot with no hands. oh, and remove any hope of ever receiving government assistance. don't like it? learn to work like i do, jackass)

• Like 2

Hey Fatty, you left out the 3rd part of that law, get caught doing it the 3rd time, cut off their heads, it's from the middle east. Don't say that someone can't shoot a gun with no hands, they drive without them, using their feet. I say just fence off California and use that shit hole as one big prison, let them fend for their selves.

• Like 1
Way to PC Fatty, your plan lets them live. Plus we would end paying higher taxes to care for this shit.

i hear ya dad. they live as an example. i kept it brief because its all internet posturing, it'll never happen. but if i were to get more specific, as i mentioned

my solution is brutal but simple. anyone caught with a firearm during a crime and has a history of violent behavior gets their hand removed. caught again? there goes the other hand. hard to shoot with no hands. oh, and remove any hope of ever receiving government assistance. don't like it? learn to work like i do, jackass)

anyone admitted to hospital or seeking wellfare or the like would be refused. or you damn well better have an osha report of the accident you suffered causing you to lose your hand. live like a beggar on the street. if you live. wouldn't take many of those kind of examples. i'm tired of seeing people on tv claiming their " innocent baby got imprisoned" WTF was you "baby" doing on the street at 3am on a tuesday in the company of known criminals?

• Like 1
Shitcago, what a liberal shithole. Guess it's not such a paradise now is it?

hey man, i'll be the first to say. those in charge couldn't find their ass with both hands a map. but i've traveled a large portion of the country, and i've got to say chicago, as a city ( NOT the politicians) is awesome. food, views, entertainment etc. ( though our strippers got nothing on vancouver girls)

Watch those rates dive in 6 months when we get CCW.

amen man. to be honest, i ws on the fence as to whether or not i wanted to get mine. i figured chicago poltics would inject a bunch of crap somehow. $500 a year fee, yearly psych evals, god knows what. but after everything thats has happened, both my wife and i want to get CCW. (She wants to get hers now, and shes 8 months pregnant. i let her know she still has to wait a bit) i won't be able to carry at work, but at least my wife can, and i can have it after work

Chicago sucks my balls. Dumbfuck antigunners will never open their mind. Their to busy using the rights they like to infringe on the ones they dont like. Fuckin idiots. They do more harm than they do good for all of us, and are to stupid to see it, let alone accept it.

• Like 1
I don't know what you guys are talking about. The ban works fine you never hear of a law abiding citizen shooting a criminal in self defense .

actually, there have been more than a few. usually it involves an elderly lady shooting someone trying to break into there house with their dead husbands old pistol. the police were "generous " enough not to arrest them for not registering their firearms. ( before the handgun ban was lifted)

again. i agree. this cities politicians suck upon levels which cannot be appriately described with words. their very actions have driven me to point of looking for a house in wisconsin. for crying out loud, i'm willing to become a damn cheesehead just to not be under these people! this CITY is awesome. i do love it. but the politicians control so i have no choice but to leave and take my tax money elsewhere ( about the only thing they care about)

makes me sad though, outside of the saltgrass in in texas, ruthschris is the best dang steak i've ever had.tbone steaks delivered on plates covered in 1/4 of butter at 400degrees. incredible ( texans, please excuse me, i was only in your wonderful state for about 12 hours)