Wife got me a Saiga 12 for Christmas

My wife put this on layaway a few months back and gave it to me for my Christmas gift... I put it on the #2 gas setting and it ran 2 mags of bird shot with no problems, So im hoping I got a good one icon_smile.gif

I want to do the conversion, I think I may just get a basic kit from Carolina shooters supply with Kvar stock, or maybe Magpul Moe stock.

What do you guys think of the raised front sites that bolt on with the rear peep?

aaaasssskikr_zpsc27a745c.jpg

• Like 3

First thing I'd order/buy if I was you, would be several 8-10 mags (SGM or AGP) and a MD20 drum or two.

Both the Krebs Customs Combat sights and the CSS version are good sights.

The Krebs is a Ghost ring, the CSS standard iron sights.

I used the Krebs for a long time and found them to be accurate and have very fast target acquisition.

Note: Removing the rear factory sight can take some brute strength.

1 Install front sight tower in line with existing front and rear sights.
2 Place gun in vice to brace it, protect finish with a old work glove or scrap of leather. Do not over tighten.
3 Use a brass punch or blunt chisel, and pound the rear sight out in the direction of the safety lever.
4 Install new rear sight with same tool in opposite direction.

Some recommend cutting the old sight out, but I didn't need to.

Penetrating oil may help too.

Some remove the factory front bead afterwards, I left mine on.

It looked good to me and in case the FSB got canted, it would be easy to re-align.

Good luck!

As for the general conversion.

Take the time to decide what furniture you'd really like to have, save some money and then get it.

Buy Once = Cry Once

Also, I'm about to do a Contest, in which I'll be giving away a conversion kit.

You may want to enter it, if you like the items.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

+1 on Chilis advice mags and drums are dissapearing FAST if you can find some at a reasonable price buy them up. I have noticed that there are a bunch on ebay now for infalted prices, 2-3 times the normal price. Keep checking the vendors on here and search the internet untill you find some at a price you are willing to pay! By the way Pro mag is the basically the bottom of the barrel for mags and drums. I have had good luck with SGM mags and my MD 20 drums. You will have time to buy the conversion kit so like he said browse the Gallery here and look all the pics to get an idea what you want.

Thanks for the advice guys, where can I enter your contest ChiliRelleno?

Its not posted yet, it will be in the 'General Discussion: Any Topic welcome here' forum.

I'm still waiting on a possible sponsor for a couple of parts.

I do have two current contests in progress, one of which is open to you as a regular member.

+1 on Chilis advice mags and drums are dissapearing FAST if you can find some at a reasonable price buy them up. I have noticed that there are a bunch on ebay now for infalted prices, 2-3 times the normal price. Keep checking the vendors on here and search the internet untill you find some at a price you are willing to pay! By the way Pro mag is the basically the bottom of the barrel for mags and drums. I have had good luck with SGM mags and my MD 20 drums. You will have time to buy the conversion kit so like he said browse the Gallery here and look all the pics to get an idea what you want.

Good advice for misterT. Good move on getting your new S12 converted. But since the factory and Hi-Cap magazines are all sold out now or people that have them are wearing masks selling at Black Market prices. You should add to the one factory mag you get with the Russian shotgun some Saiga 12 Keep Shooting mags at http://www.keepshooting.com. They function great and are $11.95 USD. The only negative about them I've heard is the bottom floor plate is cheapish in quality. Use them for the range only then.

I believe the best, obvious, and easiest way to improve you Saiga's sights is to use the side rail. Add a detachable side mount and your choice of Red Dot optic. This way you can switch between iron sights and Red Dot easily for you needs.

That's a great wife. She backs up her love with action wub.png .