I know we have some CZ owners on here

So.... where did you get yours? Im in the market for a p01 that I plan on using for my CCW. After reading the advice of someone who has a CZ75 I went and fired one and immediately fell in in love. Then, after the recommendation of someone else I tried the p01 and loved that as well. So... any recommendations on where to pick one up? Thanks!

first one i shot was in slovakia. they are very nice and durable. you can find them pretty cheap on gunbroker and there are several models of the cz75 to meet your needs. they even have old service pistols that have been carried a lot and shot only a few times. ammo is expensive in europe and they only used them to qualify annually.

Edited by Stryker0946

Sp-01 Phantom acquired through a police action. Even though it's too big for CCW it's a nice fine handgun. My first decocker! I broke the cherry and it won't be my last. I'll admit, not the finest double action trigger pull but after some use it's getting better. Plan on doing my own trigger job to smooth it out even more. If you have mainly used a safety and haven't handled a decocker I advise having someone professional teach you the in's and out's. Not having a safety is a different mindset, but I like to know that when you do pull that trigger it WILL go bang.

Only advice I have is be aware of the availability of accessories.and the higher costs you might pay. Getting the right holster took some time, but now I've noticed even High Noon Holsters has a model for the phantom. It's like a sig, you'll always pay more.

I personally would like a P-07 duty for CCW... http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

WOW! That P07 is really nice looking too. Thanks for the link too Stryker! Good to see the prices are still nice too. Thanks again fellas. Oh, and yea the accessories thing doesnt really bother me too much. I saw a laser option on another site that looks great and thats about the extent of my planned mods for the gun itself. As for holsters, yea thats good to hear that those options seem to be expanding.

Edited by brandon402

Of course you could always pick up an excellent surplus CZ-82 Mak or CZ-83. I have two CZ-82s, $200 ea, these things are built like tanks. Excellent trigger, all-steel, and chrome-lined polygonal barrel.

iknww.jpg

Edited by mancat

My buddy has a P-01, but he dropped it off with a manufacturer to have it turned into an AOW, and hasn't heard back in... Way too long.

The P-01 is very nice, great trigger, very reliable.

I love my CZ-52 pistols. Except when the firing pins break on hard military primers.

Oh, and yea the accessories thing doesnt really bother me too much. I saw a laser option on another site that looks great and thats about the extent of my planned mods for the gun itself.

Ah, you say that now but have you checked out cz customs?

http://czcustom.com/index.aspx

If you have saiga running through your veins you'll want to modify the shit out of it! How about adding tactical rear & tritium front sights, chromed barrel, or a combat trigger? Options are what makes this fun!

I wish women were more like guns; buy a basic model and keep modifying until it comes out right!

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 1

I never owned a CZ until recently. I picked up a PO7 on impulse. the grip is just slightly small for my hand. so i gave it to one of my daughters. weeks later, while nosing around in my favorite shop. i discovered they had a range rental one. so i ran one hundred rounds through it. i was so pleased with it i picked up another one on the spot. i've run about four hundred rounds through it. very happy with it. the single action trigger pull is VERY light. only negative so far is. getting the final round in a mag is challenging at times.

Oh, and yea the accessories thing doesnt really bother me too much. I saw a laser option on another site that looks great and thats about the extent of my planned mods for the gun itself.

Ah, you say that now but have you checked out cz customs?

http://czcustom.com/index.aspx

If you have saiga running through your veins you'll want to modify the shit out of it! How about adding tactical rear & tritium front sights, chromed barrel, or a combat trigger? Options are what makes this fun!

I wish women were more like guns; buy a basic model and keep modifying until it comes out right!

Damn you drifter.... damn you....... lol, you HAD to show me that site didnt you? You HAD to prove me wrong and appeal to my damn mod disease?!?!?!?!?! LoL.... thanks. :)

• Like 1

I have carried it around some. however, i'm still partial to my HKp2000. it is somewhat psychological. the sig .357 normally should punch through materials better. like glass, wood, thin steel, thick clothing. as you know, there is a trade off. if a BG were close and the round missed bone. even a high tech hollow point could sail right through. naturally 9mil could too.

with a 12rd mag and an x-grip on it. the HK fits me perfectly. another trade off is controls. the HK has a hammer drop device. but no safety. which is not a problem for me. i just practice shooting double action. with the PO7 you have a choice. they come with an ambidextrous hammer drop and safety. but you must choose only one.

if my HK was not available to me. like after a CCW incident. i would carry the PO7 with complete confidence.

If you want one of the best, hold out for a stainless 75B (matte not polished). Buy the Mec-Gar mags now (they make CZ OEM mags) and wait for a stainless to show itself. It will be your favorite go to range pistol and it will outlast your grandchildren. 75,000 rounds is not unheard of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eerw/My%20stuff/600MG_2876.jpg

ihave a cz 75, po7 threaded barrel model and a 70....there were a bunch of cz82/83 on rovertson trading post in 32 acp that held 15 rounds! i like 32 its cheap and light recoiling enough for the womenz...

so, anyone know where those 32acps can be found?

ihave a cz 75, po7 threaded barrel model and a 70....there were a bunch of cz82/83 on rovertson trading post in 32 acp that held 15 rounds! i like 32 its cheap and light recoiling enough for the womenz...

so, anyone know where those 32acps can be found?

all the cz are way undervalued and ya can feel like a rebel cause ya not givin into glock fanboyism

My original direction was the 75B, but that was until I got to fire the p01 and (like i mentioned before) I immediately changed my mind. Thanks for the additional sources too. I was hoping CDNN had them, but due to the gun frenzy they took their site down for a bit.

I have a Baby Eagle .45 I like a lot. It's a well made CZ clone, much like the 97b.

It has a slide mounted safety/decocker (like that a lot too).

Very heavy, all steel gun. Melts into your hand and very accurate though.

I have an older one like this pic, the new ones have a rail.

post-16487-0-92104800-1356886130.jpg

Edited by Spartacus

They are the apex of Brownings "swing link" locking mechanism and just about perfect as a fighting arm. I prefer the .45 acp, but I have a 9mm 75 I brought back from Germany in the 80's , and a CZ 82 a CZ 52 and 527 in 762x39. All are great guns.

Edited by macbeau