Under normal circumstances I would say that article contained a lot of good news.

Many of the small businesses in the firearms industry are having record sales and talking about hiring more people.

I just hope the idiots in D.C. don't put them all on the bread line.

• Like 1
Under normal circumstances I would say that article contained a lot of good news.

Many of the small businesses in the firearms industry are having record sales and talking about hiring more people.

I spoke with the owner of a small mom and pop gun store outside of Houston. It was their firm belief that the goal of the President was to cripple the gun industry.

I spoke with the owner of a small mom and pop gun store outside of Houston. It was their firm belief that the goal of the President was to cripple the gun industry.

Oh I don't doubt that a bit. My hope is that it backfires and makes us stronger than ever.

• Like 1
My favorite local shop has been stripped to the walls, owner says the prospect of restocking anytime soon are bleak 009.gif

Mine too. Completely wiped out. over half of his walls were empty. The other half was lever guns and pump guns. Almost every semi-auto was sold out.

Colt and big companies like that should have guessed there would be huge demand 3 years ago and made an extra 750,000 or so AR-15's and filled their warehouses with them to be ready for it. I bet Colt is running 24/7 now, war time production levels, to fill demand. But they should have had a mountain of guns ready ahead of time before the election. And if they did there would be more to go around now, and they would still easily sell them all within a month or two.

The only issue with the gun shops is they sre out of inventory and one of the ones I talked to had all their back orders for ARs canceled untill further notice by the manufacturers. If these shops sell out and can't restock they will have to let staff go. They were limmiting ammo to gun buyers so if you bought a gun you could grab some ammo too. Did'nt want to screw anyone dropping a grand on a rifle and leave them with no ammo.

Yeah, this may be breaking all previous private gun sale records in history for such a short period of time. I hope all the gun makers and all the ammo makers are running revolving 24 hour shifts with unlimited overtime available so they can make about a million AR's, Mini-14's, and properly set up AK's, and about 10 billion extra rounds of .223 and .308, as fast as they can.

My favorite local shop has been stripped to the walls, owner says the prospect of restocking anytime soon are bleak 009.gif

Same here. Even the hole-in-the-wall gunsmith here is stripped bare. I did manage to put a decent .223/5.56 rated bolt gun on layaway, though. Plenty of those left to go around.

Just wish I could find a decent priced x39 chambered one. They had a CZ, but $600 was a little above my pay grade right now.

I've heard of gun stores pulling their AR's off the shelf and waiting to put them back out when the prices go way up.

Check Ebay on mags. Many are selling(and buyers paying) up to $100 or more per mag. I sold 2 on a 3-day auction for enough to buy the last case of PMC Bronze from the local shop.

Got 8000 rounds of 7.62x59 at Grafs.com (limit 1000 per order with shipping a flat 5.95).....so I made 8 separate orders

2000 rounds of 7.62x51 from Sportsmans Guide (back order til next week)

They seem to have tons of ammo........

My wife was near a NW Montana WalMart so I had her stop in and check ammo for me over the phone. Higher quality hunting ammo was still there but almost nothing for fun or pistols. They did have US brass 7.62x39 for about a buck a round! They did still have boxes upon boxes of 12 ga of all sorts.

No auto loading rifles with ergonomic accessories were in the spinning glass box.

I give it three months and you will see the speculators start dropping ammo when the reup occurs.

I talked to my cousin today who owns a local shop. This is a small place, one of the 4 or so dealers in my county. This month was his biggest ever at over $76k in sales. He had to limit the amount of ammo people can buy at once just to keep it on the shelves to have something to sell. His distributors tell him no ARs to be had... Or AKs. Hi cap handguns are almost as hard for him to get. Business is good right now but what are they gonna sell when they can get product???

I talked to my cousin today who owns a local shop. This is a small place, one of the 4 or so dealers in my county. This month was his biggest ever at over $76k in sales. He had to limit the amount of ammo people can buy at once just to keep it on the shelves to have something to sell. His distributors tell him no ARs to be had... Or AKs. Hi cap handguns are almost as hard for him to get. Business is good right now but what are they gonna sell when they can get product???

accessories, classes, training, books, medical supplies, food, gear, knives, radios, batteries and....

gunsmith services....

Got 8000 rounds of 7.62x59 at Grafs.com (limit 1000 per order with shipping a flat 5.95).....so I made 8 separate orders

2000 rounds of 7.62x51 from Sportsmans Guide (back order til next week)

They seem to have tons of ammo........

Dammit, one of the things I dislike about being in Alaska (VERY few things I do...) is no online ammo orders. And, what is had locally is typically about 75$ or more a case.

Anyone with a pickup or motorhome wanna do a roadtrip for me? anger.gif

Given that prices won't drop for a while even if this all blows over, I likely will get into reloading soon. Any recommendations on a good guide book? I do 'moscow match' slugs now with wally world bulk birdshot, so its not entirely new to me.

If you are going to get into reloading soon, you better do it... well, soon. Like after the current panic subsides, but before the next one hits. Timing is everything. If you do take the plunge into reloading, develop a direction and a plan, and when you spot a good deal on components, buy and buy till it hurts.031.gif

It is good to have several reloading manuals, but a good one to start with as far as an introduction into technique and safe practices is the Lyman manual. A lot of load data and info can be had online, too.

http://www.hodgdon.com/basic-manual-inquiry.html

http://www.reloadammo.com/index.html

http://www.accuratereloading.com/reload.html

And for precision reloading - http://www.varmintal.com/arelo.htm

Those are just a few of the resources available out there.

• Like 1
Can you imagine being a manager at a gun or ammo manufacture plant and receiving orders from every gun and ammo shop in American at once.

It's a good problem for managers to deal with and often means OT money for the employees too. I expect prices to remain inflated thru 2013 based upon Obama's announced agenda for the year. He means to have strict gun control in the New Year.

Went to my local Fleet Farm that always has lots of ammo on hand and they were pretty much wiped out of all surplus ammo, except for 5.45 they still had quite a few tins of that at 169.00 for 1080. I see Yugo 7.62x39 selling on gunbroker for 700.00+/case. 5.56 62 green tip on auction arms hit a high of 407.00 for 420 rounds. Has come down on the last couple selling. Crazy, crazy..