Give up your guns if the government passed a law to ban all guns? Would you be willing to declare war to keep them? If you would be, you need to start acting now. Here is a sight were you can start petitions or sign them. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions You have to create an account, but if you are willing to fight for your freedoms, you shouldn't have a problem with it. Here is another link, to write your congressmen and the president. http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML It's time to act now.

Edited by tnmarktx

You're absolutely right - it is the most important thing in the world for as many people as possible to self-identify to a corrupt government that has already put unlawful barriers in place (such as the no-fly list) to identify and punish dissent without judicial oversight.

• Like 3

I admire your passion, but this topic has been beaten to death the last month, and I have a good idea of wich way the wind is blowing here, without stating it in yet another thread. Theres a quote from Thomas Jefferson that reads: " Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who dont".

I think that can easily apply today, and will if the government gets there way next month. But until then, we wait. But in the meantime, let your voice be herd to the dickheads in DC, and support pro gun orginizations.

• Like 8

Wow! there are a plethora of nutless people around here. I posted a thread with links to sign petitions and write your elected officials. I didn't ask you to bring up arms against your government. WTF is wrong with you people? It's no wonder we continue to lose our freedoms. Does everyone on this forum fear your government? Here is the text of the 1st amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Are we still not allowed to do this?

Nobody said shit about fearing our government. If you want to know the answer to your question then go look in another dozen threads that have the same shit. Im sick of typing the same fuckin garbage since you guys are too fucking lazy to do a search.

• Like 4

If I'm nuts, I guess I'm OK with that. While we still have a chance to voice our opinions and work thru the system we have, I'm not going to be afraid to do it. If it goes beyond that, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

If it takes a billion threads to get thru to people about this shit, then it should be posted. Those two links in my op should probably be pinned.

I do agree, but I would suggest going to forums that are NOT primarily firearm forums and post this in the general discussion or the firearm sub forum that many forums have.

And telling people on a public gun forum they have no balls, when many are prior military, and then telling them they are the reason our liberties are being stripped isnt going to go over well and discredits the OP's intentions. But the people can only do so much in terms of losing our liberties, at least with non violent action. A lot remains to be seen, and Im not going to jump to conclusions and try to find answers to problems that dont exist just yet, but still try to prepare for the worst. I'll adapt and overcome as the scenarios deem necessary.

The truth is, we are all bad in the eyes of many and are being demonized publicly by the powers that be and the media. So be it...Tiocfaidh ár lá!

• Like 1
Wow! there are a plethora of nutless people around here. I posted a thread with links to sign petitions and write your elected officials. I didn't ask you to bring up arms against your government. WTF is wrong with you people? It's no wonder we continue to lose our freedoms. Does everyone on this forum fear your government? Here is the text of the 1st amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You come on here, with 47 post count, and call us nuttless idiots because we wont put our names on a stupid ass pointless internet piece of paper that means nothing?

You have no idea what many of us and others are doing to help fight back against this and to come in here acting like a moron over a stupid ass petition online is foolish and naive.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 3

In my opinion both parties have only their own best interests at heart and have little to no interest in what "We the People" want. Rather their interest is in gaining and retaining more and more power and to do those things only that will keep the peons (sp?) docile and quietly fearful.

Our efforts should be to arouse the silent majority much as happened with the Tea party demonstrations -- we need massive peaceful demonstrations outside the windows of the tyrants. They need to see the faces of those they oppress and see the outrage in those faces. While I am sure this will not happen, I sincerely wish it would.

We need to all we can now and to remember those who are agains't us and vote the Effer's out when possible.

Signing a Government petition is kind of like asking your dad if you can piss your pants on a cold winter's day to keep yourself warm.

Short term relief with long term stupidity and prolly your dad's laughing at the idiot child.

• Like 1
In my opinion both parties have only their own best interests at heart and have little to no interest in what "We the People" want. Rather their interest is in gaining and retaining more and more power and to do those things only that will keep the peons (sp?) docile and quietly fearful.

Our efforts should be to arouse the silent majority much as happened with the Tea party demonstrations -- we need massive peaceful demonstrations outside the windows of the tyrants. They need to see the faces of those they oppress and see the outrage in those faces. While I am sure this will not happen, I sincerely wish it would.

We need to all we can now and to remember those who are agains't us and vote the Effer's out when possible.

Signing a Government petition is kind of like asking your dad if you can piss your pants on a cold winter's day to keep yourself warm.

Short term relief with long term stupidity and prolly your dad's laughing at the idiot child.

Well, what would you suggest we do? One of my links is a good way to contact your local officials? What else can we do at this point?

Guys,

I haven't read every topic posted on this subject, but i do know one thing. When I read post like this it just seems like we are divided, fighting among ourselves about stupid crap. Truth is we are all on the same side. I think we are all feeling the pressure but we need to be more tolerable with one another and stay united. I get what the OP is saying. I also get the fustration felt by others. Lets just keep our eyes on the prize if you know what I mean.

All I know is that it seems like every year we are stripped of another freedom of some kind or given another tax because the government can't balance their check book. Think back to when you were a kid. Remember how much freedom we had in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Now everything is regulated. For me things go beyond the firearms (although I am extremly passionate about it). I will fight this with ya'll the best I can. What ever that may require. Letters, phone calls, emails, etc.

Well said my friend.

Edited by redfish28

You come on here, with 47 post count, and call us nuttless idiots because we wont put our names on a stupid ass pointless internet piece of paper that means nothing?

You can go fuck yourself, then go fuck the horse you rode in on.

You have no idea what many of us and others are doing to help fight back against this and to come in here acting like a moron over a stupid ass petition online is foolish and naive.

How about you my fellow Texan? What do you suggest we do? Wait until they ban our guns and then cry about it?

Step back, calm down, write our reps, debate passionately, logically, and skillfully in liberal crowds to enlighten & flip the recently indoctrinated about exactly what state our country is in, so long as you know your facts and can hold your temper so you don't look like a fool, or worse, a raving mad-man with a gun.
That's what we do for the time being.

There's a difference between being nutless, and wise.
There's a few other amendments in our bill of rights people who've grown up on the internet need to familiarize themselves with. One of those is the 5th.

God bless.

Pauly

Edited by PauIy
  • Like 4

I try to stay clear of answering or signing most of these petitions, and giving out certain information here, especially due to recent events. I truly believe that there are certain "people" monitoring these threads who are (gov) "plants" that are/ have been gathering info for "When the time comes". I think there may be a few members on here, some who have been on here for a while as well as newer that have been monitoring gun forums as this one.

Liberty-or-death said it well...I got nuts, but I'm not nuts. I'll make my stand on my terms, not theirs.

Step back, calm down, write our reps, debate passionately, logically, and skillfully in liberal crowds to enlighten & flip the recently indoctrinated about exactly what state our country is in, so long as you know your facts so you don't look like a fool..

That's what we do for the time being.

There's a difference between being nutless, and wise.

There's a few other amendments in our bill of rights people who've grown up on the internet need to familiarize themselves with. One of those is the 5th.

God bless.

Pauly

100% agree.

I try to stay clear of answering or signing most of these petitions, and giving out certain information here, especially due to recent events. I truly believe that there are certain "people" monitoring these threads who are (gov) "plants" that are/ have been gathering info for "When the time comes". I think there may be a few members on here, some who have been on here for a while as well as newer that have been monitoring gun forums as this one.

Liberty-or-death said it well...I got nuts, but I'm not nuts. I'll make my stand on my terms, not theirs.

I hope so. I want them to know exactly where I'm coming from. I'm a law abiding citizen, I love America and it's Constitution. I will live by it as a free human being, be that 10 minutes, 10 years, or the lord willing, longer.

• Like 1

How about you my fellow Texan? What do you suggest we do? Wait until they ban our guns and then cry about it?

If you had come in here and asked for opinions on what we suggest doing to help you may have been met differently. You came in here calling people you dont know nuttless idiots because they wont sign your stupid little fucking online petition that doesnt mean shit.

• Like 1

If you had come in here and asked for opinions on what we suggest doing to help you may have been met differently. You came in here calling people you dont know nuttless idiots because they wont sign your stupid little fucking online petition that doesnt mean shit.

I suggested people were nutless not idiots? Have you read some of these posts? All we have now is to speak our minds. Gun owners need to shout it for the world to hear. That's all we have at this point. Others have stated that they will handle it on their own terms. Well I hate to tell you this, if they were to ban guns, you will either give them up, or fight and die. Before we get to that point, don't you think we should do all we can?

And yet Texas is still part of the Union??? These petitions don't mean SHIT!! Never will. They make people feel all warm inside like they've contributed to a cause without actually doing anything to help. If anything these petitions just fool people like yourself into wasting their time with fruitless efforts when their time would be much better spent writing Congress and joining a gun lobby. Have you done either one of those?? After you do both, do it again. Anything else is a waste of time.

• Like 2