Tromix Modified G2 in a Vepr-12 - Who has this setup?

I would suggest that if the mags are the cause to simply not modify them in any way and send them back for replacement and see if that fixes the issue. Honestly if it isnt the mag and has something to do with the firearm you could be at this for a very long time trying to figure it out. The gun and mags have a warranty, instead of attempting to figure it out I would use the warranty. just my opinion.

• Like 1

Hammer axis = 1.01" like the S-12. (if using the BHO)

Profile the [tapco] hammer face to .555" if you measure it with calipers at the "O" where Tapco is marked on the side.
Make it a smooth transition while you're at it.

Safety levers on 3 I just tested did NOT cause the the hammer to release, even when I completely removed the safety from the weapon & reiinstalled it while the hammer sat in the sear.

When measuring (photos on page 1) the height that the hammer sits, measure it while the hammer is in the disconnector if you're going to measure. The hammer is in the disconnector as soon as the weapon's fired, it is not sitting in the sear. (trigger-hook)

Lastly, a more relevant measurement would be to measure how far down the hammer goes into the disconnector while the trigger's pulled. .555" should get you right about there.

Good luck.
Have a nice day.

Paul

• Like 1

hey Pauly, If you get a chance, can you post a picture of the hammer face after you did that? I ground a normal g2 to the same specs as my tromix g2 last weekend and was going to just throw that in my Vepr. But while I still have it out, I'd like to do the hammer face. I'd feel more comfortable not fucking it up if I had something visual to go by.

hey Pauly, If you get a chance, can you post a picture of the hammer face after you did that? I ground a normal g2 to the same specs as my tromix g2 last weekend and was going to just throw that in my Vepr. But while I still have it out, I'd like to do the hammer face. I'd feel more comfortable not fucking it up if I had something visual to go by.

Just take your calipers and measure with the jaws of your calipers perpendicular to the face of the hammer over the "o" of the word TAPCO that's cast into the part.

Here's a pic of what the hammer face looks like when I do them;

HighRollerD6.jpg

Can't see, to much bling

Blinded by the light are ya? happy.png

Sorry.

I'd just hack shit out and leave a bunch of tool marks, but I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes. mellow.png

That's just not the market I pursue.

I found a guy reselling my mods like the above for over $700.00, and he has repeat clients.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Safety levers on 3 I just tested did NOT cause the the hammer to release, even when I completely removed the safety from the weapon & reiinstalled it while the hammer sat in the sear.

Lastly, a more relevant measurement would be to measure how far down the hammer goes into the disconnector while the trigger's pulled. .555" should get you right about there.

Good luck.

Have a nice day.

Paul

Good report back Paul. PZorro has done a safety mod to get an RSA trigger to work with the V12. I'm hoping this safety mod has the same concept that will allow proper functionality with the G2 trigger with the V12.

Edit: I'm picking up my trigger this Wednesday. I'll keep you all updated.

Edited by DresNightfire