Everyone member of this forum should do the following.......if this is a repeat Im sorry!

This is a bulk letter to your Representative, Congressmen, and President. Below it will be a link to send this letter to all of them easily!

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights.

While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners

and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was

stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and

take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely

used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the

Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane

easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional

anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

Here's a question. I almost started a thread to ask it but thought better of it.

Since the actions of Senators that do not represent you or I directly will still could have a huge effect on us i.e. Federal Law, would it be a bad thing to write to ones outside our respective states? DeMint and Graham represent South Carolina and I have written them more than once.

Would it be wasted effort to reach out to others?

• Like 1
Here's a question. I almost started a thread to ask it but thought better of it.

Since the actions of Senators that do not represent you or I directly will still could have a huge effect on us i.e. Federal Law, would it be a bad thing to write to ones outside our respective states? DeMint and Graham represent South Carolina and I have written them more than once.

I dont know. On one hand it would show them that there are a lot that oppose the AWB but on the other hand would they even care because you cant vote for them? They are politicians after all lol.

Could not hurt. However, realistically if you can't vote them out, they may not care.

That would be the 1st amendment, you can write them all. You could even write all 330 million or so Americans if you wish, but that would be a little time consuming. So when your writing, just remember that one of the reasons you have the 1st amendment is the 2nd amendment big_smile.gif

• Like 2

I did a poor job of communicating. I'm just wondering if instead of sending letters over and over to two Senators it might be worth sending a letter/s to other "key" members, possibly Democrats with a history of supporting Gun Rights. These might be the first to go wobbly in the face of pressure from their own party.

Some may think writing to politicians is a waste of time but with limited resources it's one of the only things "we" can do. And I do think it can add to the force with which political winds can blow.