Placed an order at sportmans guide for 2000 rounds of 7.62x51

Charged me 19.95 for shipping

Then I get a call a few days later that the shipping will be $49

WTF, so I talk to a manager who tells me that on one of the screens there was a red notice that shipping may increase

So I'm looking at my order and I ask, where is that? Replies "oh you cant see that anymore, its just on one of the screens after you punch in your card info......sorry about your luck basically?

Could have ordered this from Grafs.com for a flat rate of 5.95 per thousand rounds (and now they are out of that caliber)

So I say, why would there by a 19.95 in the shipping column? Why would it not say "heavy shipping product, will be contacted by salesman?" Instead of putting a number there and hiding a notice somewhere else on the screen

Screw them as far as future orders are concerned.....after she hangs up on me

I have had luck with them by sending an email stating how much I have ordered from them in the past, and letting them know that I would no longer be buying from them. My issue was resolved quickly by CS, it may just matter who you talk to. GL

I agree that the red message is pretty shady. Maybe if you complain enough they will atleast change that.

• Like 1

I am currently dealing with CS on an order placed about two weeks ago.

I ordered 250 rounds of Centurion 12 ga multi defense. They sent me 250 rounds of Noble Sport 12ga multi defense. The NS rounds are longer than the Centurion and do not feed right using the MD20 drum.

I contacted CS via email and a few days later they responded and said they would look into it and see what happened. I am still waiting for a 2nd response.

I will post the results (either way) after I have given them a chance to make it right. I understand their policy on not returning ammo and why. I also see their 100 % Satisfaction Guarentee posted.

FORDGUY

• Like 1

I had free shipping code on the order, and I got a call today. The lady said it's going to be an extra $300 for shipping, and they would have to get a trucking company to deliver my ammo. Why have the option for free shipping if you are going to bait and switch everyone?

I had free shipping code on the order, and I got a call today. The lady said it's going to be an extra $300 for shipping, and they would have to get a trucking company to deliver my ammo. Why have the option for free shipping if you are going to bait and switch everyone?

Fucken people..........010.gif

Thanks for starting my day out right.

I have 2 ammo backorders with sg.

I'll wait and see if they call. If they fail to honor what they originally said, no more business. I'll also be asking for my Buyer's Club membership refunded, which they probably won't do.

If you're going to buy that much ammo, why not just ask one of your local gun stores to order it in for you? There are two stores here that I've asked about it, and they both said they can order whatever I'm looking for, and would give a small discount for an order that size. Also- no shipping charge, so even if the cost per box is a buck or two higher, you're still saving money and supporting a local business! (Neither of them are "big box" stores.) wink.png

Edited by Ronin38
  • Like 1
If you're going to buy that much ammo, why not just ask one of your local gun stores to order it in for you? There are two stores here that I've asked about it, and they both said they can order whatever I'm looking for, and would give a small discount for an order that size. Also- no shipping charge, so even if the cost per box is a buck or two higher, you're still saving money and supporting a local business! (Neither of them are "big box" stores.) wink.png

My local stores are asking retarded prices regardless of quantities......

I just got a notice from SG about one of my backorders. I figured it was them telling me the shipping would be more (remembering this thread).

But it was them saying my mags won't be shipping next week as promised. New ship date - March.

I expect the ban will be in place before then.

Edited by Darth Saigus

i ordered 2 of the yugo BHO mags on 12/22 shipped 12/27 and received them on 1/3 (excellent shape also). this may sound strange but everything i've ordered from them has always came through, even long awaited back orders. so far i have no complaints with them unlike some of the other vendors i have dealt with. they haven't play bait and switch (prices) either......least not yet.

of course this is my experience only.

Edited by adjc

Any time I had any issues with them I called them. They always made it right by correcting the issues or giving me an gift card, enough to make it worth your while. We will just have to see if they continue to do us right, I hope so, I would hate to loss them like CTD.

the spam mail is my biggest problem.. that and the bate and switch.. recieved 223 privi instead of 556 lc xm193.. was told to ship it back on my dollar and then pay shipping again for the lake city to be sent back. long story short... threatened to take them to small claims court and filed a complaint with the bbb. they sent me the xm193 and never asked for the privi

just when you thought you may never see this with a back order date of 10/13...email just came in shipping notice w/tracking updates within 24 hrs. 1000 rds x39 @ $192.38 total! outstanding price considering current conditions. amazing!!

• Like 2
sportmans guide didnt do anything wrong, i ordered from them alot and see that message, it would be stupid to think any company would ship that much weight of ammo for 20 bucks. its probably over 100 lbs at least.

Well I cancelled my order with them and went with 3800 rounds of 7.62x39 from Cabella's for (COUNT IT NOW......$5 shipping)

So SportsmansGuide can suck my ass

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Good decision to cancel. I have had a few bad experiences with them as well. The first was a few years back when it was getting hard to get Bulgarian waffle mags, I order them said they were in stock, paid, then was notified it would be about 6 months worth of back order. They did finally get me the mags but the wait was ridiculous. the other problem was with ammo. I ordered about 2500 rounds of surplus Pakistan 9mm. When I tried it out most had primers that didn't go off, a few went off about a second after you pulled the trigger, this was the same in three different guns. Very dangerous. I figured I was hosed, but I told SG CS about how unsafe they were and they actually paid for hazmat shipping back to them and a full refund. I guess they didn't want to deal with getting sued over dangerous ammo. That bit of good cs is the only reason I still keep their magazine by the toilet...... in case I run out of tp.

Edited by rogers

They sucker you in and waste time that you could have been looking somewhere else for the shit. They figure you will become desperate and accept the fucked shipping charges just so you will have something, since they probably screwed you from getting it anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for an update. They just emailed me that now my ammo is pushed back until June. This is stuff I ordered in December, and said it would be here the 25th of January. I feel like they bait, and switch people bad. I'm going to keep it on backorder just because the price im quoted, but i'm not expecting to get it at all. What a shit company.

Not in any defence of SG, but I've had nothing but positive results from them. I found a couple of magazines for a Stevens 410 that I couldn't find anywhere else. I've bought ammo from them years ago - no problem. Recently bought a HUGE (4 foot by 12" x 12 ") mil surplus metal box, thought I was going to get free shipping, but they charged me $13 extra. (for a 65 lb. metal box!) They aren't the cheapest, but find cool stuff no one else seems to have sometimes. I really envy you guys that live in the big cities (sometimes), where you can just drive a few miles and get whatever you want. Try living in BFE, and see how your outlook will change! lol. Usually SG shipping is too high to justify cost overall, but that is not entirely their problem. It's that way with every company shipping. Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's good to have alternatives.