I worry with all the scare that we might not be able to get any more magazines for guns that involve the so called "assualt rifle ban" but im wondering if this will all blow over and prices will return to normal, or will it make it impossible to get what we want? So is it a bad time to buy with prices skyrocketed or save and hope for the best?

That is a personal decision. What you may think is to high, others might not. There will be bills that will be fought over probably all the way through 2013. The hype will be renewed probably weekly.

Now look at from the business side. Do you gear up and hope that you can get the product to the people before any laws are passed? Or do you just keep trying to make as much as possible?

While companies have pretty much sold out of inventory, it would not make a lot of business sense to run with a high inventory until they know what happens.

Now if you find something you want at 20% more than it used to be, you had better jump quick. There will be a few million others clicking the mouse button at the same time.

• Like 1

I usually dont reply to many topics but in this case Ill make an exception. I political climate is quite hostile towards gun owners at the moment.I've lived thought the Clinton gun ban and the malice and spite for guns, owners and the 2nd adm rights was never this bad!Every news story seems to fuel the gun control lobbies.

If you own a gun or are against any gun control....you are against saving our children! That is what the news would have you believe.

I have had heard gun owners say the new gun control law doesnt apply to them or they say it will just blow over. I disagree very strongly, it is those very opinions that will get this new assault weapons ban passed! Its the old divide and conquer tactics used by our current rulers and its working.

So should you buy right now?

Depends on your finances and how badly you want to keep your freedoms? I say buy what you can and hope its not all illegal in a month or two.

• Like 1

If you feel a gun, part or ammo is essential to protecting yourself and your family then what price is too high?

If you don't feel it is, let it go.

Once I tuned out the hysteria, looked at what I have and decided I'm good with it I stepped off the roller coaster and gained some serenity. Now it's not as much about getting more as it is keeping what I have.

• Like 6

The guns and magazines are a temporary worry. There are plenty of these around at present albeit at inflated prices. The major issue is the AMMUNITION and the commies know this. They will pass some BS that prohibits imports of ammo just like comrade Klinton did with Chinese ammo. The Chinese have countless billions of rounds and sold it CHEAP. I remember buying 1440 round cases for $74.00 of that good copper washed Norinco steel core. The enemy media and ATF classified this as amour-pericing. VECTOR arms was originally closed down because the owners sold the US military CHINESE ammo to give to the ragheads and aquisition of chinese ammo is forbidden. The USA buys EVERYTHING from China except their largest most lucrative export: guns and ammo.

98-99% of ammo you and me use and buy is foreign. No more Russian ammo or YUGO or South African or South American and what do you have left? 20 rounds of pussy-powered american made 7.62x39 for $50.00. Then you will have only high capacity tactical assault STICKS. This is what they will do long before any sweeping gun or magazine bans.

I'm guilty of panic buying, but I am being picky about it. Some places are letting you back order at fairly reasonable prices, for example DSG has pmag 10 packs for 100. They are majorly back ordered but if no ban happens I wont be kicking myself over the price. I dont think a ban will be quick (if it happens at all), dens are showing all signs of going full retard and both sides will be very far apart to start.

The local store and range still has a decent supply of AKs, ARs, and Saigas at reasonable prices they were low on mags but still had some at normal prices. One of the bige problems are the douche bags who are buying them up in bulk and listing them on Ebay for 2-3 times the price!

• Like 1
The local store and range still has a decent supply of AKs, ARs, and Saigas at reasonable prices they were low on mags but still had some at normal prices. One of the bige problems are the douche bags who are buying them up in bulk and listing them on Ebay for 2-3 times the price!

actually the douche bags are the ones paying 2-3x the price. don't buy and they'll drop the price.

Not sure if they have an AR-10 but it is midwest gun and range in Elkhart In. 574-293-2030 they also have a store in Mishawaka In 574-257-0020. I hope this is not violating any forum policys if it is let me know and I will not post anything like this again.

I am NOT buying any of the overpriced mags either!

Edited by misterT

It's such a tough call. Even though under "normal" circumstance I would say I have enough x, y, or z, right now I feel like a crackhead looking for a fix. I have been to so many walmarts in Phx, I feel like a freaking greeter there! Have been getting lucky picking up 7.62x39 pretty regularly (at $4.97 a box) and even found a 50 round box of .223 for $25. I did however go to a pawn shop today and this shill was holding onto several cases of 7.62x39. The guy said IF he sells it he is going to "mark it at $13 a box - the same as .223"). I promptly left after telling him he was full of shit.

My 2 cents, just keep looking around. I have seen several classified ads where people are dropping their prices. Keep an eye out as people are really wheeling and dealing. If you have other items you could do without, try doing some trading.

With a few exceptions, the best time to buy was yesterday.

I watched the machine gun ban in 1986 and what that did to prices. They never came back down.

I watched the import ban in 1989 and what that did to prices. They never came back down (for the affected guns).

I watched the AWB from 1994-2004 and what that did to prices. They came back down somewhat only well after sunset.

I've watched all the inexpensive NATO surplus and eastern european ammo and mags dry up or double & triple in price since 2004.

I'm not saying to run out and buy now, but I would be a shrewd bargain hunter, when funds allow. This may all blow over (until the next time someone lights up a school), but I don't see a return to the "good 'ol days" of cases of ammo for $100 or less, $250 AK's or $3 AK / AR mags.

Just sayin...

• Like 1
With a few exceptions, the best time to buy was yesterday.

I watched the machine gun ban in 1986 and what that did to prices. They never came back down.

I watched the import ban in 1989 and what that did to prices. They never came back down (for the affected guns).

I watched the AWB from 1994-2004 and what that did to prices. They came back down somewhat only well after sunset.

I've watched all the inexpensive NATO surplus and eastern european ammo and mags dry up or double & triple in price since 2004.

I'm not saying to run out and buy now, but I would be a shrewd bargain hunter, when funds allow. This may all blow over (until the next time someone lights up a school), but I don't see a return to the "good 'ol days" of cases of ammo for $100 or less, $250 AK's or $3 AK / AR mags.

Just sayin...

I agree, I remember just about 2 years ago I bought a butt load of brand new east German AK 74 mags in the paper wrap. They came in a brand new raindrop camo pouch that held 4 mags with a cleaning kit and blank firing muzzle attachment and oil can. All was brand new and unissused from Aim surplus. Price per 4 mags and pouch and kit ...$29.00. Today one mag is $100.

But yes, if and when this foolishness subsides the prices will not come down much if at all but like I have said before the time to jump on this wagon was 5 years ago because if anyone had doubts about barry then I would say does NOT today...............

The guns and magazines are a temporary worry. There are plenty of these around at present albeit at inflated prices. The major issue is the AMMUNITION and the commies know this. They will pass some BS that prohibits imports of ammo just like comrade Klinton did with Chinese ammo. The Chinese have countless billions of rounds and sold it CHEAP. I remember buying 1440 round cases for $74.00 of that good copper washed Norinco steel core. The enemy media and ATF classified this as amour-pericing. VECTOR arms was originally closed down because the owners sold the US military CHINESE ammo to give to the ragheads and aquisition of chinese ammo is forbidden. The USA buys EVERYTHING from China except their largest most lucrative export: guns and ammo.

98-99% of ammo you and me use and buy is foreign. No more Russian ammo or YUGO or South African or South American and what do you have left? 20 rounds of pussy-powered american made 7.62x39 for $50.00. Then you will have only high capacity tactical assault STICKS. This is what they will do long before any sweeping gun or magazine bans.

What got Chinese steel core ammo banned was B-West out of Tucson, AZ. Brian made an AK pistol (two actually) that he never sold publically. He just sent one to the Tech Branch of the ATF for an approval letter. The ATF used that on the "NO ARMOR PIERCING AMMO IN PISTOLS" rule to ban further importation. (I can't remeber the U.S.C.) That was post '89 Bush 1, but pre '94 AWB. In that time, China also lost "Most Favored Nation" trade status, supposedly to Beiging's artificial devalue of the Wan.

Norinco green or yellow box 7.62x39 (20rds) going for $1.50....retail. I still have some.

Edited by macbeau

I made an very difficult decision. I looked over my current inventory of firearms\ammo\mags. Decided to let one go to stock up on ammo and mags.....

Never thought I would sell my Tromix S12 and mags, but I just did for $3000. That bought me 7500 rounds of 7.62x39, another 2000 rounds of 7.62x51 and various magazines

Made me sick to sell it, but if ammo becomes very difficult\expensive to purchase for political reasons, I wouldnt want to have my rifles without any

I made an very difficult decision. I looked over my current inventory of firearms\ammo\mags. Decided to let one go to stock up on ammo and mags.....

Never thought I would sell my Tromix S12 and mags, but I just did for $3000. That bought me 7500 rounds of 7.62x39, another 2000 rounds of 7.62x51 and various magazines

Made me sick to sell it, but if ammo becomes very difficult\expensive to purchase for political reasons, I wouldnt want to have my rifles without any

Made me sick to sell my IMI galil that I only paid $700 for in 1987. Sold it for $3200 a few years back (mags and all) and ended up with a Draco SBR and many mags, much ammo and cash in my pocket. I hate that I sold it,(seriously - had it over 22 years and considered it my SHTF rifle) but I have learned to live with the outcome.

What got Chinese steel core ammo banned was B-West out of Tucson, AZ. Brian made an AK pistol (two actually) that he never sold publically. He just sent one to the Tech Branch of the ATF for an approval letter. The ATF used that on the "NO ARMOR PIERCING AMMO IN PISTOLS" rule to ban further importation. (I can't remeber the U.S.C.) That was post '89 Bush 1, but pre '94 AWB. In that time, China also lost "Most Favored Nation" trade status, supposedly to Beiging's artificial devalue of the Wan.

Norinco green or yellow box 7.62x39 (20rds) going for $1.50....retail. I still have some.

Klinton did not per se ban steel core Chinese ammo but it was during his administration that disallowed the importation of guns and ammo from China but Bush 1 got this crap rolling and was the originator of the "for sporting purposes" BS which became 922r regs.

Buy low sell high. Not buy high sell low. The article in the link may give comfort. I hope he is right.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2012/12/26/liberals-panic-as-they-lose-the-gun-narrative-n1473885/page/full/

Talk like this gives me a tiny bit of hope, but is it a reasonable assumption? Is this how things actually are going or is it just the writers opinion? I just wonder if hes being optimistic since hes writing for a conservative website?

Maybe these guys should lie through their teeth and scream "THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!". That kind of shit gets things done, letters and phone calls to congressmen only happen when people feel strongly about something. Theres no better way to get the normal gun owner active in politics, than to tell them that politics are going to take their guns.

But I really do hope hes right.

Edited by Boomsick42