Molot mags

• 3 weeks later...

This angers me to no end!!! How do we have an influx of 5 round Molot magazines that were chopped and mutilated, extra hours of work time, for $40 a piece; And there is no option for a Molot 8 round magazine for any price, even >$150. Someone really dropped the ball on this imo and did not setup a large bulk order / connection from Molot. Why would you import in > 1000 Vepr 12's, and no factory mags in there original configuration. I really hope I am missing some sort of import restriction for this absurd ineptitude!! Sure there is an argument for USA mags, but it does not hold water. Many people at this price range and niche of a market want oem, and want the real deal, Also, metal feed ramps FTW!! Come on!!! Arggggggggggg...

• Like 1
because SGM is the distributor for the veprs in the US.

Guarantee they have Zero interest in Molot mags in the US. sad.png

Thank you!!!

It makes complete sense now, I don't know how I overlooked that. Someone didn't drop the ball... a bunch of greedy dicks ruined it for the community... makes perfect sense...

Greed always ruins things, why did I not apply it to this?

It's one thing to shut out the mags to drive up price and eliminate competition , but to completely shut them out? Molot mags were pretty much unattainable way before panic buying started. I really hope my SGM mags break in, because right now they are fuck all. And Russian mags have metal feed lips, pretty much a requirement for any AK platform, and are gtg out of the box.

Edited by Muffman

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/standard-restriction-stamps-for-import-permits.html

On the form 6 used for importing shotguns

20. Note: This permit does not authorize the importation of a shotgun with a barrel of less than 18 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches. This permit also does not authorize the importation of a shotgun having a magazine capacity of more than 5 cartridges. Further, this permit does not authorize the importation of a shotgun regardless of barrel length and overall length if the shotgun is equipped with a detachable folding shoulder stock or is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.

That wouldn't restrict one from importing the 8rd magazines separately anymore than it would restrict one from making the >5rd magazines for the platform as they are now, would it?

The person that mates the >5rd magazine to the foreign made shotgun is responsible for complying with 922r. US Made Magazines can be a big part of that, but it's always doable through other routes as well.

Don't get me wrong, IMO it's absolutely free will - you guys import what you'd like. But as I stated I doubt there's interest in importing those from the WPA/SGM team because SGM makes the mags themselves which certainly is a motivator to bring the platform into begin with, marketing magazines.

Edited by ec4321
  • Like 1
Alternative: Just get the 5 rounder and do the max rounds dot com plus 4 mod.

Have you had a chance to try the max rounds?

I have some. What you wanna know?

How well they work?

Do they stay together well when firing.

Pics of yours if possible

You sir are a genius!!! I have never seen these. +10000000 Internets fro bringing these to my attention. Thank you!!!

sunnybean... super jelly!!! I didn't even know Vepr 12's were going to be imported till like September or something. I thought it was just going to keep falling through. All those were gone by then. I missed boat. = [

Edited by Muffman
  • Like 1
That wouldn't restrict one from importing the 8rd magazines separately anymore than it would restrict one from making the >5rd magazines for the platform as they are now, would it?

The person that mates the >5rd magazine to the foreign made shotgun is responsible for complying with 922r. US Made Magazines can be a big part of that, but it's always doable through other routes as well.

Don't get me wrong, IMO it's absolutely free will - you guys import what you'd like. But as I stated I doubt there's interest in importing those from the WPA/SGM team because SGM makes the mags themselves which certainly is a motivator to bring the platform into begin with, marketing magazines.

Actually it would restrict the shotgun from being imported if the 8rd magazines were allowed to come into the country. If someone else did it that would be a gray area if we did it it would be black white and red ink all over our permit

You sir are a genius!!! I have never seen these. +10000000 Internets fro bringing these to my attention. Thank you!!!

Looks like 66+ US Dollars per extension. Plus shipping, etc.

I'd be in if we could arrange a bulk discount/group buy.

Actually it would restrict the shotgun from being imported if the 8rd magazines were allowed to come into the country. If someone else did it that would be a gray area if we did it it would be black white and red ink all over our permit

They are in the country.

Not only the Russian ones, but the SGM ones as well.

Hopefully someone not WPA/SGM imports a container full of them, supplying the market and avoiding having to get the shotty importer involved / create a mess.

Edited by ec4321

I'd be in for a group buy as well on these Maxrounds.com base pads. However, I'll probably wind up ordering some though in the next couple of days before a group buy really has a chance to be set up. Not being impatient, but hate the feeling of sinking all this money in my Vepr 12 and I don't feel 100% confident in my mag situation. Which is absurd because I have 5 SGM mags, and 2 MD20 drums. Fingers crossed SGM mags break in, and Pauly comes out with his conversion kit, but I need a back up plan. Feels stupid to have a $1k shotgun(worth more now), with >$700 in mods, and not feeling comfortable about magazines for it. = {

I'd be in for a group buy as well on these Maxrounds.com base pads. However, I'll probably wind up ordering some though in the next couple of days before a group buy really has a chance to be set up. Not being impatient, but hate the feeling of sinking all this money in my Vepr 12 and I don't feel 100% confident in my mag situation. Which is absurd because I have 5 SGM mags, and 2 MD20 drums. Fingers crossed SGM mags break in, and Pauly comes out with his conversion kit, but I need a back up plan. Feels stupid to have a $1k shotgun(worth more now), with >$700 in mods, and not feeling comfortable about magazines for it. = {

Well, that's better than having plenty of mags and having $2500 into a gun but the gun won't run.

• Like 1

Sorry for pics folks. Wrong light. Taken by phone.

Maybe little fitting will be required(sharp edge/knive and file).

If you have original one from first run, you have clear sides connections. And there is no modifications at all and you will be lucky... ;)

Original spring is enough for every load i've tried.

post-16543-0-33529600-1359050542_thumb.jpg

Well, that's better than having plenty of mags and having $2500 into a gun but the gun won't run.

Are you saying that your having problems with one of yours?

Maybe little fitting will be required(sharp edge/knive and file).

Can the magazine still be used with base plate if one removes the maxround extention?

Edited by red_cedar