Molot mags

Thanks ufo!!! I am definitely interested in picking up some of these!!! Can you help me with 2 more questions?

1. Does anyone know if the Molot 5 rounds here in the US have a shortened spring, or only a shortened body. Pretty sure the springs are not cut, but not 100%.

2. ufo, How strong would you say these probably are. Like a full size mag would take an absurd amount of pounds per square inch to break in half. But how sturdy do these seem where they are connected together. Still probably take a whole lot of force to break the pieces apart?

Saw the discussion about a bulk buy but according to their site they offer discounts per the number ordered. Any order over five gives a 6 euro discount (making each unit 44 euros, or about $59 dollars).

I would love one of their drums and would pay the $300 if it worked with a VEPR, but you have to spend another 250 euro after the initial 300 for it to work with the VEPR. for anyone who thought we had it rough in the US for parts should consider themselves lucky. That is a rape job for a magazine.

Saw the discussion about a bulk buy but according to their site they offer discounts per the number ordered. Any order over five gives a 6 euro discount (making each unit 44 euros, or about $59 dollars).

I would love one of their drums and would pay the $300 if it worked with a VEPR, but you have to spend another 250 euro after the initial 300 for it to work with the VEPR. for anyone who thought we had it rough in the US for parts should consider themselves lucky. That is a rape job for a magazine.

550 Euro equals
735.46 US Dollar
  • Like 1
Muffman count coils. I'm not able to say because i bought 8rds only. About breaking. Used for last IPSC season. No problems at all. I connected it together via electrical tape. It's strong enough. But i didn't use it as hammer. ;)I recommend to stick on soft pad at the bottom of the mag.

menace667 more pieces, more discount. :D Same for drum mag. But you have to ask for discount... ;)

that looks incredibly simple... why doesn't somebody just make something like that in the U.S.?

I bet with something as simple as these are that CSS could get them made quickly and for less than $60 each. This would be a great option to increase the # of rounds in the factory mag while we're waiting for an unknown future time when we can get the real deal from Rus Military.

It looks like AGP floor plates will work, but can anyone with either a good eye, or who actually has a AGP Saiga 12 magazine and a Molot Vepr 12 magazine help verify that the AGP floor plate fits in the Molot magazine? I'm pretty sure, but would love to be 100%

Thanks so much if anyone can help me!! = ]

It looks like AGP floor plates will work, but can anyone with either a good eye, or who actually has a AGP Saiga 12 magazine and a Molot Vepr 12 magazine help verify that the AGP floor plate fits in the Molot magazine? I'm pretty sure, but would love to be 100%

Thanks so much if anyone can help me!! = ]

I don't think so. AGP on top, Vepr on bottom...

post-14994-0-66639200-1359345576_thumb.jpg

Arggggggg... I took the Molot mag apart that came with my Vepr 12 and the spring was butchered. It's probably less than half the length of the 8 rounder. I think I counted 9 coils? If you were going to add an extension a longer spring would be needed as well.

Edited by Muffman
Arggggggg... I took the Molot mag apart that came with my Vepr 12 and the spring was butchered. It's probably less than half the length of the 8 rounder. I think I counted 9 coils? If you were going to add an extension a longer spring would be needed as well.

This is going to be a problem for me. I ordered 2 of the Max Rounds extensions last week. Any idea if SGM springs will work in these?