Saiga .223 AR magazine adaptors.

I want more information on these adaptors before I chose to add one to my rig. Who makes them? What mods are required for the saiga .223 to make these work? What mags work best? I want to hear from everyone who has used these. Thanks!

I want more information on these adaptors before I chose to add one to my rig. Who makes them? What mods are required for the saiga .223 to make these work? What mags work best? I want to hear from everyone who has used these. Thanks!

I'm using Sure Fire 30 rounds mags in my stock Saiga 223 Sporter. They required no modifications to work. It's not unusual for a Sure Fire mag to require just a wee bit of coaxing with a file to fit properly. Mine didn't. They worked just fine as is.

Don <><

I'm using Sure Fire 30 rounds mags in my stock Saiga 223 Sporter. They required no modifications to work. It's not unusual for a Sure Fire mag to require just a wee bit of coaxing with a file to fit properly. Mine didn't. They worked just fine as is.

Don <><

Same here i see all the people who need to file their mags to fit..... my surefires snapped right in and didnt move or wiggle a bit, i almost like them more than the circle 10 and tapco, i prefer the LRBHO feature.

• 1 month later...

If you want all the information on AR mag conversions you'll have to find it on another forum. The moderators of this forum won't let some of the conversions to be discussed because the manufacturers aren't paying advertisers on this forum.

• Like 2

I'm not going to kill this thread for the reason stated above, but Bing and Google will help you find what you're looking for.

I have 2 most popular adapters.

One is removable (machined Aluminum; made by MSA, now TAKD).

(Similar concept is utilized in Renegade Buck's steel adapter design; which I don't have).

Another one (permanent installation, machined from 4140 steel, with LRBHO and slick bolt release AR-style) made by the company, who is not a Business Member here (yet); therefore, you have to find them on your own.

There are also foreign makes (Israeli and Polish), which are hard-to-impossible to get.

What do you want in your adapter?

Edited by Sgt. Raven