"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

Obama Promises “Executive Action” on Gun Control

“Most Americans find it very offensive to hear the President use a tragedy like this, and instantly turn it into a political opportunity.” -- Erich Pratt, USA Today, October 5, 2015

ACTION:  The President is trying to make an end-run around Congress and impose gun control by “Executive Action.”  

Please click here and use the pre-written letter to demand that Representatives make sure the new Speaker of the House will use the appropriations process to defund (aka, kill) every illegal Executive Action on gun control. 

Oregon Residents Rebuke the President

Dear Patriot, 

I’m sure you remember the now-infamous mantra that we’ve heard from this White House:  “You never let a good crisis go to waste.”   

Right?

Well, the President traveled to Oregon today to further politicize the tragic shooting that occurred there last week.

But residents of Roseburg are not amused, and they are decrying the President’s visit today.

Over 8,000 people have signed onto a website declaring that the President is “not welcome” in Oregon today.

Some massacre survivors are boycotting the President.  Some have told him to “quit with the gun control.” 

The father of one shooting victim said, “I’ve spoken to my family and for myself and for my family, my daughter [who was shot last week] and son, on principle I find that we are in disagreement with his policies on gun control and therefore we will not be attending the visit.”

Other residents are protesting the President’s actions by buying new firearms.  Gun sales are up since the Roseburg slayings.

“It’s opened my eyes,” said J.J. Vicari, 19, a survivor of last week’s shooting. “I want to have a gun in the house to protect myself, to protect the people I’m with.”

It seems that opposition to the President’s gun control push is coming from multiple places -- not just the “gun community.”  Last Sunday, many churches in the greater Roseburg area were preaching on “God and guns.”

Obama considering more “Executive Actions” on guns

But this week, President Obama has made it clear that, for him, more gun control is the answer.

Here’s what The Washington Post reported yesterday, in an article entitled “Obama weighs expanding background checks through executive authority”:

“President Obama is seriously considering circumventing Congress with his executive authority and imposing new background-check requirements for buyers who purchase weapons from high-volume gun dealers.”

Translated, if you are an individual who is not a dealer, but the administration thinks you are selling too many guns from your private collection, then you will be treated as a gun dealer (and will face a prison sentence because you have not acquired an FFL).

And, in clear violation of law, Obama appears to be prepared to apply this to gun owners who are liquidating all or part of their personal collections.

Don’t be surprised if we also see a presidential push for Universal Background Checks (aka, Universal Gun Registration).

We cannot let this stand.  The President is trying to make an end-run around Congress, at a time when the House is in chaos.

That’s why it’s all the more important that we DEMAND that the next Speaker of the House use the appropriations process to defund (aka, kill) every illegal Executive Action on gun control.

Defunding gun control -- that is, using the congressional “power of the purse” -- is the same way we repealed an FBI gun tax under President Clinton, overturned a shotgun import ban by Obama, and killed the ATF’s multiple sales registration throughout the country.

This is the best way to repeal gun control, but it will require the Republicans to put on their “big boy pants.”

Please use our pre-written letter and take action here today!

In liberty,

Erich Pratt
Director of Communications

Gun Owners of America

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

NO COMPROMISE ON FEDERAL GUN CONTROL

I, the signatory of this petition, do hereby affirm that:

• Whereas, President Barack Obama, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, billionaire Michael Bloomberg and others are exploiting national tragedies to promote a pre-ordained agenda to end the private ownership of firearms;

• Whereas, gun control advocates continue to propagate falsehoods with respect to the nature and scope of the Second Amendment, gun owners, how criminals obtain guns, violent crime, the number of defensive gun uses by lawful citizens, and other information crucial to the public policy debate over firearms;

• Whereas, none of the gun control measures being proposed, including so-called “Universal Background Checks” would have prevented recent shootings being highlighted by the media;

• Whereas, since 1950 all but two mass homicides have occurred in supposedly “gun free” victim disarmament zones where violent predators know they can kill with impunity;

• Whereas, a survey of 15,000 law enforcement officers by law enforcement advocacy group PoliceOne found that 86% of officers believe arming citizens could have reduced or altogether eliminated innocent casualties in mass homicides; and

• Whereas, as intended by the Framers and affirmed by the United States Supreme Court in Heller v. D.C. and McDonald v. Chicago, the Second Amendment reinforces an individual right to keep and bear arms; 

I hereby demand that members of the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate use all means, procedural or substantive, to defeat any legislation introduced or amended to curtail, restrict or qualify private ownership of firearms, and to oppose any executive order issued to that end. I will accept no compromise on this issue, and call upon elected representatives to work toward eliminating so-called “gun free” zones to deter violent predators and allow citizens to better protect themselves and their families.

Sign here: http://rightswatch.org/stop-gun-ban-petition

• 1 month later...

Time to Shoot Down Restrictions on Suppressors

Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ) has introduced the Hearing Protection Act, H.R. 3799, which restores your right to buy suppressors for your firearms.
Suppressors protect the hearing of shooters, including the young and hearing impaired. 
They are of no value to criminals or mass shooters, and even homemade suppressors are rarely used in crimes.
Please contact your member of Congress NOW and ask him or her to co-sponsor H.R. 3799.

Click here

• 3 weeks later...
Urge Your Senator to Oppose Any and All New Gun Control Measures!

A group of anti-gun U.S. Senators are scheming to bring several gun control measures to the Senate floor TODAY, including the Manchin-Toomey “universal” background check bill that was defeated in 2013.  Debate could also include an amendment to expand the prohibited person list for anyone who is on the “terrorist” watch list, even if by error and without due process.  Other amendments are possible, so your action is critically needed to defeat these anti-gun measures.

All NRA members need to call their Senators NOW at 202-224-3121 and urge them to vote NO on any and all gun control proposals up for debate in today’s session, including the Manchin-Toomey bill or the expansion of the prohibited persons list. 

Spread the word and click here: http://act.nraila.org/22UHoiL

• Like 1

HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING THIS: CLICK HERE.

GRNCLogo600.jpg

Gun Rights Supporters:

This isn’t just a fundraising letter. Hell, it isn’t just a call to political action. This is my call for a pact of survival.

Before the bodies in San Bernardino were even cold, the man who can’t be bothered to utter the words “radical Islamic terrorism” made it abundantly clear whom he considers to be the real “threat.”

Yes, in his world ISIS is just a ‘JV team,’ and Barack Hussein Obama considers you, the lawful gun owner, to be the real “terrorist.”

Ignore, for a moment, that BATFE reports the weapons used were purchased legally (as in, with background checks). Never mind that California bans what it claims are “assault weapons.” And forget that, by initial reports, the perpetrators weren’t even on the terrorist watch list.

Set aside even the fact that France’s draconian gun bans failed to keep ISIS from getting fully automatic AK-47s.

Forget all that because they are secondary to the fact that the President of the United States wants to render you defenseless against exactly the animals who want to kill you.

‘…a rifle behind every blade of grass…”

My first request to you is not political, not in the conventional sense. And it is most certainly not a request for money. Instead, I am about to ask you for something far more important, and more dangerous.

In part, I suppose I’m asking for civil disobedience. Excoriate me if you will, but here is what I propose to spread across the entire United States: During World War II, Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said: "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

I am asking you to stand behind those blades of grass. Frankly, few have the guts to say it, but as demonstrated in France and San Bernardino, even a response just minutes away leaves your loved ones dead in seconds. To stop terrorism, your response must be immediate.

What that means…

Carry concealed everywhere: If you don’t have a permit, get one. If North Carolina’s arcane permit laws prohibit you, get one from another state (which will be valid here). If you need to not drink when you go to a restaurant, then don’t. As for “gun free” businesses and offices, I cannot provide advice but say only that as of December 1, a violation of that statute is no longer a misdemeanor, but only a civil infraction (albeit with a $500 penalty). Yes, full-time carry is a pain in the patoot. But as guru Clint Smith puts it: “Carrying a gun isn’t supposed to be comfortable, it’s supposed to be comforting.”

Train, train, train: Personally, I just took John Farnam’s excellent course, “Armed Response to Terrorism.” Just carrying a gun you aren’t trained for might not provide the benefit we need. Accordingly, in coming weeks we will create a list of North Carolina instructors.

Be prepared to defend innocent lives: Develop the combat mindset. Learn Jeff Cooper’s color code of awareness (and never be “Condition White”). Get books like “Principles of Personal Defense,” or “Warrior Mindset.” Learn John Boyd’s “OODA Loop.”

It is your duty to respond

If you’re like me, whenever Obama or the media start spouting garbage about “gun violence,” I just want to turn off the TV and ignore them.

But you can’t. In fact, it is your duty to defeat those who exploit tragedy to steal your freedom.

Right now, Senators Harry Reid (D-NV) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) are scheming to introduce amendments to the a budget billwhich exploit San Bernardino to push universal gun registration (under the misnomer “universal background checks”) and to ensure the government could simply deny your ability to buy a gun – without due process – by arbitrarily placing you on the “terrorist watch list.” (And in case you think that’s a good idea, check out “7 Ways That You (Yes, You) Could End Up On A Terrorist Watch List”.)

To stop the impending threat, I need you to do 3 things:

• Go to www.StopTheGunBan.orgEven if you have already signed the petition, make sure everyone you know signs it too.

• Contact your US House Rep and both US Senators: Tell them you will not compromise on gun control, and that instead, they should be working to reduce the number of “gun-free” victim disarmament zones like the Inland Regional Center. To identify your representative and get contact info, go HERE or to: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/.

• Help GRNC stop Obama, Reid and Schumer: Whether the theater of operations is Capitol Hill or the 2016 elections, rest assured the battle for gun rights is very much alive, and we need the resources to fight! Please join or donate to GRNC byCLICKING HERE or going to: http://www.grnc.org/join-grnc/contribute

As always, GRNC will be on the front lines in defending your rights against both the Jihadists who want you dead and the leftists who would enable them.

Armatissimi e liberissimi,

PaulV_Signature.jpg

F. Paul Valone

President, Grass Roots North Carolina

Executive Director, Rights Watch International

P.S. If you have already contributed, I thank you. If not (or even if you have), please consider $50, $25 or even $10 to help GRNC fight for your rights. I vow to put your money to more efficient, effective use in defending your rights than any other organization.

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Call Your U.S. Senators Today -- Tell Them to Vote Against Any Gun Control Amendments

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20151203/call-your-us-senators-today

A group of anti-gun U.S. Senators are scheming to bring several gun control measures to the Senate floor TODAY, including the Manchin-Toomey “universal” background check bill that was defeated in 2013.  Debate could also include an amendment to expand the prohibited person list for anyone who is on the terrorist watch list, even if by error and without due process.  Other amendments are possible, so your action is critically needed to defeat these anti-gun measures.

All NRA members need to call their Senators NOW at 202-224-3121 and urge them to vote NO on any and all gun control proposals up for debate in today’s session, including the Manchin-Toomey bill or the expansion of the prohibited persons list. You can write your U.S. Senators here:  http://act.nraila.org/qEpea5K

Click here: http://act.nraila.org/qEpea5K

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • 2 weeks later...

Action Needed! Urge Your U.S. Rep to Vote Against Any Anti-Gun Amendments

https://www.nraila.org/take-action/write-your-lawmakers/

Anti-gun advocates are exploiting recent tragedies to launch a national push for more gun control on law-abiding Americans.  

The centerpiece of their gun control push is to place further restrictions on private transfers and impose a so-called “universal” background check system. The majority of the deranged individuals who committed these heinous acts bought their gun legally through a federally-licensed dealer, passed Barack Obama’s federal background checks, and did not have criminal records nor been adjudicated mentally ill. The fact is that no piece of legislation pushed by gun control advocates would have stopped these shooters from committing these brutal crimes.

It's clear that the Michael Bloomberg-backed gun control groups like Moms Demand Action and Everytown for Gun Safety are not looking for solutions, but rather they are looking to exploit tragedy to further their anti-gun agenda.

What America needs now is less propaganda and more solutions. Expanding background checks is not the answer. We must fix the broken mental health system.

As your constituent and concerned citizen, I urge you to do whatever it takes to protect the Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms. We know that anti-gunners will stop at nothing to dismantle the Constitution and enact an eventual ban on all firearm ownership. That’s why it’s so important for you, as a democratically-elected lawmaker, to preserve and defend the Constitution of the United States and, by extension, the Second Amendment.  

Please do whatever it takes to stop these extreme gun control measures offered under the guise of “common sense,” and support any pro-gun legislation that is currently on the table, or will be in the future. 

https://www.nraila.org/take-action/write-your-lawmakers/

Will Speaker Ryan Heed Pelosi's Call for More Gun Control?

ACTION:  Please urge your Representative to vote against any version of the “omnibus” spending bill that would allow fraudulent anti-gun “junk science” studies by Obama's government agencies.

Tell Your Representative:  No Gun Control in the Omnibus!

Dear Patriot

Within the next few days, Congress will consummate a deal on the massive “omnibus” appropriations bill to fund all discretionary functions of the government. 

House Speaker Paul Ryan is widely reported to be crafting a deal which would pass the bill with Democratic votes -- in lieu of conservative pro-gun Republicans. 

In particular, Pelosi is demanding that Congress remove “boilerplate” text which has existed for twenty years -- language that prevents the use of taxpayer dollars for “junk science” government studies in support of gun control. 

According to The Hill this weekend, while many Republicans are balking at Pelosi’s request, some have indicated that they are willing to engage in some horse-trading on this issue, and “House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) has declined to take a position” at all.

We saw on Sunday how newspapers like the New York Times use fraudulent “studies” from anti-gun nuts like the “Violence Policy Center” -- and then pretend how these Leftist kooks are “unbiased.”

Imagine how much worse this would be if liberal Obama-controlled government agencies began pushing these same corrupt anti-gun “analyses.”

Remember, there’s a reason that Congress defunded this research in the first place.  

Remember Dr. Mark Rosenberg, a former head of the CDC's National Center for Injury Control and Prevention in 1994, who said:  "We need to revolutionize the way we look at guns, like what we did with cigarettes.... Now [smoking] is dirty, deadly, and banned."

And don’t forget Arthur Kellerman who, using CDC funds, published a study in 1993 supposedly claiming that a gun in the home is roughly three times more likely to be used against the homeowner, than to be used in self-defense.

For years, Kellerman’s junk science “research” was used by every anti-gun nut in America to demonize firearms.  That is, until parts of his data were finally released in the late 1990s, and it became very clear that Kellerman had skewed his data.

If Ryan were to agree to Democrat demands for “junk science gun control” -- in order to get their votes -- he would be doing something that even his predecessor, John Boehner, wouldn't have done, turning the appropriations process over to Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats. 

So please contact your Representative.  Tell him or her to vote against any version of the “omnibus” which would allow fraudulent anti-gun “junk science” studies by Obama's government agencies.

This is an important battle.  Please take action today.

Michael Hammond
GOA Legislative Counsel

• 4 months later...

Bipartisan Bill Will Punish Honest Gun Owners, Grease Skids for Hillary Election

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=203573&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxaem02-K2J7IMqT7S4X7tte8ofThQEMlWZ8s-s6lOAHvy0ldTknNSwREMGpqza8GjOhBhUlcz9z4ADoorstpUg-0T0Xbr0zTKwsHezENlgpo&lp=0

The Obama administration, aided by cheerleaders from the Left-wing media, is now mounting a push to pass its anti-gun “sentencing bill” (S. 2123 and H.R. 3713).

The bill was held up for quite some time, but media outlets are reporting that after months of backroom wrangling, this legislation now has a majority support in the Senate.

This is why it is urgent that you urge your Representative and Senators to oppose this legislation.  

Even though Senators have reached a compromise bill -- and even though gun owners have protested this for nearly half a year -- the sentencing legislation in Congress still endangers the rights of gun owners.

For beginners, the House version is still unchanged. It would increase by 50%, the maximum prison sentence for veterans and other victims of “gun control” -- if they or a spouse fails to divest themselves of all guns when ordered to do so by the Veterans Administration or the ATF. (See section 6 of H.R. 3713.)

So a military veteran who is suffering from PTSD -- and who has been labeled as a prohibited person -- would get increased penalties for simply possessing a gun under this bill.  All this would happen to decent gun owners, even while penalties for drug traffickers would be reduced.

And while the sentencing legislation will do nothing to repeal the unconstitutional 1986 ban on machine guns, penalties for those who possess such a firearm would be increased by 50% (under the same section 6 provision in H.R. 3713).  

So anyone like David Olofson who fires a semi-automatic firearm which malfunctions with a three-round burst could now find themselves imprisoned for several decades, if the ATF later determines their semi-auto was actually an automatic firearm.

As for the Senate “compromise” version, Section 107 would still impose a mandatory five-year minimum prison sentence for any gun technician who posted “how-to” information on the Internet with respect to any gun on the Munitions List or the Commerce Department’s arms list. This is because, under State Department regulations, which we opposed, that “how-to” information is deemed to have been transferred to anyone on the Internet (i.e., ISIS). 

Hence, despite months of backroom wheeling and dealing by U.S. Senators, this anti-gun provision still remains in the Senate’s “compromise” version. 

In addition to the difficulties mentioned above, there is one more fundamental problem. 

Around the nation, Democratic office holders are moving quickly to extend voting rights to the drug traffickers released by the bill, in some cases as soon as they hit the streets -- thinking that they will probably vote for Hillary Clinton. 

The Democratic Maryland legislature just enacted such legislation, over the Republican governor’s veto.  

And Virginia’s Democratic partisan governor, Terry McAuliffe, just extended voting rights to over 200,000 Hillary-leaning felons, by executive fiat. 

Clearly, Obama understands that passage of the sentencing bill will transform the electorate -- in an anti-gun direction. 

In fact, now that the “sentencing reform trap” is closing on stupefied Republicans, the New York Times has been quick to report on the ramifications.  In one article, the Times reports: 

“The sweeping order [by McAuliffe] in a swing state that could play a role in deciding the November presidential election will enable all felons who have served their prison time and finished parole or probation to register to vote.  [Most are] a core constituency of Democrats, Mr. McAuliffe’s political party….  [Democrats] are planning to fan out into Richmond communities Friday to start registering [drug traffickers, murderers, and rapists].”

Ominously, the Times notes that the “The big number of newly enfranchised voters is actually larger than Mr. Obama’s 149,298-vote margin [in Virginia] in 2012.” 

To reiterate, we understand why Barack Obama wants to let drug traffickers out on the street. In 14 states, they immediately become Hillary voters. In 19 more states, they become Hillary voters (in 2016 or 2020 or beyond) when they have completed probation or paroles. And in all but about three states, they can eventually vote for Hillary and her ilk. 

Bottom line:  If providing the margin to elect Hillary Clinton were not enough, the bill takes care of drug traffickers, butnot law-abiding gun owners who have been ensnared in the intricacies of gun control laws.

And when released drug traffickers begin to commit more homicides, as they are already doing in New York and Chicago, we will see a new round of calls for gun control. 

So please contact your Representative and Senators and demand that they shelve the anti-gun sentencing bill, H.R. 3713 and S. 2123.

Click on the link below:

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=203573&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxaem02-K2J7IMqT7S4X7tte8ofThQEMlWZ8s-s6lOAHvy0ldTknNSwREMGpqza8GjOhBhUlcz9z4ADoorstpUg-0T0Xbr0zTKwsHezENlgpo&lp=0

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Have your Representative cosponsor the Constitutional Carry Reciprocity

(Link)

Have you cosponsored H.R. 923, the Constitutional Carry reciprocity bill?

This bill, which now has more than 90 cosponsors, will protect gun owners who live in the growing number of Constitutional Carry states -- which now represents more than one-fifth of the country.

And the bill will protect the right of residents from all remaining states to carry nationally by showing their concealed carry permits.

Over 90% of police nationwide support concealed carry, according to a 2013 poll by PoliceOne.com.  And police associations from coast-to-coast support Constitutional Carry -- including the Maine State Police and the Idaho Sheriffs Association.

H.R. 923 is the ONLY reciprocity bill supported by Gun Owners of America.

I hope that you will tell Rep. Marlin Stutzman right away that you are signing on to this important legislation.

Please let me know what you intend to do.

(Link)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't let Congress pass anti-gun measures in wake of recent tragedy!

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=261

Your Action is Needed NOW! NRA has just learned that Senators Schumer, Feinstein and other anti-gun elected officials are going to offer several anti-gun bills and amendments this week in the U.S. Congress, possibly as soon as today! 

These measures are wide-ranging and include an attempt to reinstate the failed federal ban on semi-automatic firearms, commonly referred to as the “assault weapons ban.” 

It doesn’t matter that the Clinton gun ban did nothing to reduce crime. This is about YOUR freedoms and YOUR Right to Keep and Bear Arms. But it doesn’t stop there. In fact, one amendment will attempt to strip the Second Amendment Rights from those on secret government lists while another will require federal registration and licensing of all gun owners. 

And, they’re also planning on pushing for increased federal funding of anti-gun research. 

This is an anti-gun package that we must defeat. 

What’s obvious is that many who want to destroy our firearm freedoms are using the terrorist attack in Orlando to push their anti-gun agenda. They’re trying to strike while the nation continues to grieve and many Americans look for answers. It’s clear that Obama’s continued failure to protect us from radical terrorists is the problem and leadership is what we actually need, not gun control on law-abiding Americans. 

But they’d rather blame you as a law-abiding gun owner than make Obama answer for his failures in the global war on terror. We can’t let them succeed in this depraved attempt to politicize a tragedy so they can destroy our freedoms. 

You can reach your U.S. Representative and Senators by calling 202-224-3121 or clicking “Take Action”. Contact other gun owners you know to tell them this threat is real. Action is needed now. 

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=261

Keep the Pressure on Your Senators

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=222353&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxbmVWE7mfoVvyNL4KAV9OMb0alSra3E3us4vzIW8MGxFnNEI3iVnXbgMNGABrlujsTymSRlNNJSaX6qQ6PGdTODv7u_nQmX1CcS3o7iEqeXI&lp=0
There are several anti-gun amendments that will come up for a vote on Monday, June 20. They will be amendments to a Commerce-Justice-State spending bill (H.R. 2578).

A Feinstein proposal will bar (or delay) honest Americans from buying guns, if their name mistakenly winds up on a government watch list.
And a Murphy proposal will institute universal gun buyer registration -- via so-called Universal Background Checks.
Then there’s the Constructive Republican Alternative Proposals (aka, CRAP). 
One Republican “compromise” version -- which is an alternative to the Feinstein “terror watch” language -- will still result in lengthy delays for honest Americans who are trying to buy firearms for self-defense.
Ironically, the “compromise” language would not apply to a terrorist who is being investigated for purchasing fertilizer, renting a Ryder truck and posting statements about blowing up federal buildings.
It only demonizes guns and those who want to buy guns -- and innocent people will be denied firearms.
This is because the government watch lists are horribly flawed and have massive mistakes -- as seen by the fact that even Congressmen and Senators have ended up on the lists. 
(Well, some might argue that Congressmen should be on this list for voting to violate our Constitution, but that’s a whole separate discussion.)
Anyway, Republicans are offering their proposals as “side-by-side” amendments, which are intended to kill the Democrat gun control proposals.
Sadly, it’s a reality of the Senate that the “squishies” there demand to have something to “vote for.” 
One can argue the merits or demerits of this -- we certainly do -- but if there is any consolation to all this, it’s that all the proposals are intended to fail (even the Republican ones).
Well, we’ll certainly have to see how this precarious strategy works.

Orlando Being Used as an Excuse for More Infringements
Anti-gun Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) admitted on Wednesday that the Orlando shooting is simply an “obvious opportunity” to pass gun control.
That’s because there’s nothing the gun haters are proposing which would have saved one life -- and many anti-gun spokesman have admitted as much.
So here’s the message we need to communicate to our Senators:

• NO gun control whatsoever. No gun bans for Americans on a watch list. No universal background checks, which are ineffective and only register gun buyers.
  • REPEAL gun control laws that create “criminal safety zones.” These Gun-Free Zones are the problem. And police know this is the case -- as almost 90% agree that these mass shootings could be averted if there were concealed carriers at the scene of the crime.

You can use the pre-written text here to contact your Senators.

Tell Your Senators to Vote NO on Collins-Ayotte

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=224173&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxZ5F20u2HB0zHLwJWrYQAsFMOxQZ3JwOG2cl-nqKMZnbeMpDwbPgVwDeyGO6s08WPD-t7RWOks0mvEXjXaTn9oVIKU5JrgH55G6bn0x4XscE&lp=0

Republican Senators Sue Collins (ME) and Kelly Ayotte (NH) are introducing an anti-gun amendment (to H.R. 2578) that allows a highly politicized official like Attorney General Loretta Lynch to take away your Second Amendment rights by fiat without any due process.
Remember how, years ago, the Obama administration included conservative groups, including the gun lobby, in a list of potential domestic terrorist groups?
You think they wouldn’t LOVE to add tens of thousands of gun owners into their government watch list? They’ve already said they think you’re a terrorist!
The Collins-Ayotte amendment presumes it can compensate for this infringement by a process allowing you to “get your rights back.” 
What they don’t tell you is that this process is virtually impossible to invoke. 
It’s “due process” only for those who can afford to put up a substantial amount of money ahead of time, with the hope that they will get attorneys’ fees refunded to them after the fact.
After all, the Obama administration has already perfected the harassment of gun owners. They have refused to comply with federal law which orders them to tell persons denied by NICS why they have been denied the right to purchase a firearm.
Obama’s henchmen do so, ever callously, while issuing the bureaucratic equivalent of “So sue us!” But, if you can’t figure out the reason for your denial, you can’t comply with the 60-day appeal filling process. 
And it gets worse. Remember the FBI’s decision last year to stop processing gun owners’ appeals? 
That’s right, if you are illegitimately denied the right to buy a gun by Obama’s Justice Department and you appeal it, your paperwork lands on an empty desk.
There are many reasons for opposing this bill. And we should encourage Senators to focus instead on repealing Gun-Free Zones and passing concealed carry reciprocity.

But please use the pre-written text that is provided to tell your two Senators to OPPOSE the Collins-Ayotte amendment and support pro-gun initiatives instead.

Link:

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=224173&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxZ5F20u2HB0zHLwJWrYQAsFMOxQZ3JwOG2cl-nqKMZnbeMpDwbPgVwDeyGO6s08WPD-t7RWOks0mvEXjXaTn9oVIKU5JrgH55G6bn0x4XscE&lp=0

Anti-Gun Members of Congress Continue to Press for Gun Control!

Your Action is needed NOW to protect our Right to Keep and Bear Arms! With your help, last week, we defeated every gun control measure that was considered in the U.S. Senate. But your help is still needed to ensure that Congress does not take up gun control in the days and weeks to come.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160701/anti-gun-members-of-congress-continue-to-press-for-gun-control

Please contact your U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative immediately and let them know you oppose any new gun control measures. You can call your lawmakers at 202-224-3121 or click here to Take Action.

Surrounded by Armed Guards, the President Attacks the Gun Rights of Law-abiding Americans

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=228733&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxobbsxBtr3_g8Pkaz2LrRG_cLv7LR2uAjEiBp2fSHvd8iHcdsH0AANqkvdGYoTNWSfDsLeBz2cHVMpw17et2RVLfwgGpbJ7M8IjOwAZJ6kgg&lp=0

July 7, 2016, was a tragic day in our history.

Americans across the country sat glued to their televisions, watching the video footage of several heartbreaking events.
The shootings in Louisiana to Minnesota to Dallas have certainly gripped the heart of our nation.
Sadly, but predictably, the anti-gun Left is using these events to push even more infringements on the Second Amendment.
The President is renewing his push for a ban on semi-automatic firearms, given media reports that AR-15 styled firearms were used to ambush police officers in Dallas. 
Speaking at the start of a NATO summit in Poland, the President targeted these weapons in his prepared remarks:
We also know that when people are armed with powerful weapons, unfortunately it makes attacks like these more deadly and more tragic, and in the days ahead we’re going to have to consider those realities as well [that is, enact more gun control].
Americans should remember that this is the same man who was tagged with the “Lie of the Year” in 2013.
It helps to remember his struggle with truth-telling, because what he said today was a bald-faced lie. 
Banning semi-automatic firearms and magazines will NOT make Americans safer, and the overwhelming majority of law enforcement would agree:

• 91% of officers say that banning so-called “assault weapons” would either have no effect or a negative effect in our efforts to reduce crime; and,
  • 95% say that banning magazines holding more than 10 rounds would NOT reduce crime.

The President is using “officer safety” as an excuse to ban firearms, but our first responders have already rejected his premise.
Our law enforcement gets it. The Liar-in-Chief does not.
Anti-gun Democrats Politicize Guns, Renew Push for Gun Control
Democrats in Congress are demanding an immediate vote on gun control following yesterday’s shootings.
And they are promising more filibusters and disruptions in order to cower Republican leaders into holding more votes on gun control.
Thankfully, your activism has gone a long way in bucking up Congressional Republicans.
Politico reported today that while House GOP leaders had promised a vote on gun control, they have “indefinitely delayed a roll call amid GOP infighting.”
Translated: The GOP “infighting” has led to “indefinite delays” because a determined cadre of pro-gun Republicans are refusing to support any “gun control lite” legislation.
They are standing strong for now.
But you need to realize this: Gun Owners of America has been speaking with some of these pro-gun legislators on Capitol Hill, and they are coming under intense pressure from their leadership.
They are being pressured to cave in and swallow gun control.
Thankfully, they have not done so.
But this is why it is SO IMPORTANT that you continue calling and emailing them.
Please take just a couple of seconds to email your legislators.
Remind your Representative and Senators that our right to keep and bear arms is enshrined in the Constitution, and that they should uphold their oath of office.

Take action: http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=228733&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxobbsxBtr3_g8Pkaz2LrRG_cLv7LR2uAjEiBp2fSHvd8iHcdsH0AANqkvdGYoTNWSfDsLeBz2cHVMpw17et2RVLfwgGpbJ7M8IjOwAZJ6kgg&lp=0

• 1 month later...

Prevent Obama from shutting down gunsmiths

Gun Rights Supporters:

In his latest abuse of power, Barack Obama is trying to shut down gunsmiths and subject hobbyists to criminal prosecution. This time, the shaft to gun owners is bigger than any in his history. While the entire country was distracted by the bizarre Democratic National Convention, he slipped in a little executive order.

Foiled in his attempts to rule by fiat through the BATFE, which requires a “Notice of Proposed Rulemaking” (one of which generated such furor that it actually led to the termination of BATFE director Todd Jones), the shifty S.O.B. who purports to be our Commander-In-Chief found an even more under-handed means of gutting your right to bear arms:

By manipulating international arms trade regulations.

Shutting down gunsmiths? You know who I mean; the guy down the street who does a trigger job for you, threads a barrel, or perhaps mounts a scope.

By misinterpreting arcane regulations enacted for international arms trade, Obama intends to redefine as a “manufacturer”anybody who does machine work on a firearm.

And what is the problem with that? Not only will your gunsmith have to register with U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), but all gunsmiths will have to pay $2250 per year for the “privilege” of working on even one gun!

“But I don’t need custom work,” you say. “This won’t impact me.” Wrong. By driving tens of thousands of small gunsmiths out of business, even minor repairs will be cost big bucks and take months to complete.

The extractor on that 1911 you’ve had for 20 years has finally given up the ghost and needs to be replaced? Pay $500 and wait six months.

Are YOU a “manufacturer?”
  • Some highlights of the State Department “guidance” on complying with the “International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)”

• Anyone who “manufactures” a restricted item – regardless of whether they export it or not – must register and pay the princely tax.

• Manufacturing” means anything requiring “cutting, drilling, or machining” or which “improves the accuracy, caliber, or operation” of a firearm.

• Included are “Modifications to a firearm that change round capacity”. Translation: Screw a longer magazine tube on your defensive shotgun and you are a “manufacturer.”

• Criminalizing reloaders: The “systematized” production of ammunition, including use of automated devices such as case feeders – regardless of whether the ammunition is produced for commercial sale – would make you a “manufacturer.”

• Vague definitions that even the State Department won’t guarantee mean that even if you try to comply, a tiny error could land you in prison.
 Time for action...

By “conventional wisdom,” there is nothing we can do. After all, it was issued as a letter of “guidance” for gunsmiths by the U.S. Department of State. (That’s the department Hillary used to run, which is currently mismanaged by John Kerry.)

But GRNC is anything but “conventional.”

So regardless of what some might call the “inevitability” of Obama’s malfeasance, I am asking you to start kicking up some serious do-do.

1.  Call your US House Rep. and both US Senators and tell them to introduce legislation to prevent Obama from using the State Department and ITAR to harass gunsmiths out of business and subject even home hobbyists to criminal prosecution. To find your US House Rep, go to: http://www.house.gov/. To find contact info for Sens. , go to:http://www.senate.gov/.
  2. Sign the petition we have created for our national organization, Rights Watch International, to be delivered to congressional representatives and the State Department. (Note: Please make sure to have friends, co-workers and family members sign as well.) To sign, go to:  http://rightswatch.org/gun-smith-petition-2016
  3. Help GRNC elect pro-gun candidates to end this abuse. In 2014, GRNC distributed nearly 150,000 “Remember in November” voter guides covering all candidates* and where they stand on guns. We want to do that or better for what might be the most important election in history. Please contribute at:  http://www.grnc.org/join-grnc/contribute 

In an election which could land Hillary Clinton the presidency, it is more vital than ever that GRNC activate and inform hundreds of thousands of gun-owning voters. But the truth is that right now, we don’t have enough money for the “Remember in November” project.

Unfortunately, the dues money GRNC receives isn’t enough to fund what is an extremely expensive and ambitious project – quite probably the most ambitious state-level gun voter project in the country.

So please help GRNC elect pro-gun candidates who can reverse Obama’s unlawful executive orders by going to:

http://www.grnc.org/join-grnc/contribute

As always, GRNC will endeavor to put your generous contribution to more efficient, effective use in defending your rights than any other organization.

Armatissimi e liberissimi,

F. Paul Valone

President, Grass Roots North Carolina
Executive Director, Rights Watch International

P.S. Remember,

$100, $50, $25 or even $10 will very much help us distribute up to 150,000 voter guides in the crucial November election. Please accept my personal thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Twin Falls, Idaho is a city under siege from President Obama's "refugees.

First it was a heinous sexual assault on a helpless young girl. 

Then, a man praised by local media as a so-called "moderate Muslim" in the wake of the Orlando nightclub shooting was also arrested for a sexual assault. 

And now, another "refugee" has been arrested by Twin Falls police for wounding one man and targeting two others in a violent knife attack. 

Sadly, thanks to the insanity of open-border globalist politicians in Washington, D.C., the crisis is likely to get worse before it gets better

President Obama and the United Nations have cooked up a stealth plan to resettle up to 480,000 Syrian "refugees" over the next few years -- with at least 100,000 making their way to the continental U.S. 
The President and the politicians in both parties who enable him are squarely to blame. 

And unless Congress takes action, the troubles facing Twin Falls will be unleashed across the entire country. 

That's why your American Security Coalition is committed to forcing Congress to take action and put a stop to President Obama's U.N. refugee scheme. 
So please click here to sign your petition to Congress against the open-border globalists' foolish "refugee" policy right away. 

These attacks offer a chilling glimpse into the future to be unleashed on America if the open-border globalist politicians' insane policy of flooding our streets with potentially dangerous "refugees" is not reversed. 

On top of delivering your signed petition, your American Security Coalition is preparing a massive program to launch against the Obama-U.N. "refugee" importation scheme.

https://www.americansecurity-coalition.com/Obama-UN-S.aspx?pid=0811a

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Your Help Needed to Repeal “Mobile” Gun-Free Zones

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?7&engagementId=238193&lp=0

Anti-gun jurisdictions are scaring many law-abiding gun owners into leaving their guns at home.
But doing that means they become “mobile” gun-free zones. Everywhere they go, they’re rendered defenseless.
It doesn’t have to be that way.

Rep. Marlin Stutzman is the sponsor of H.R. 923, a national reciprocity bill that has more than 100 cosponsors.
This bill would protect the right of concealed carriers to bring firearms with them for self-defense as they travel.

And the bill is Constitutional Carry friendly, in that it does not force concealed carriers from permitless carry states to get licenses before they travel out of state.

Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Gaining Steam

More and more Representatives are cosponsoring H.R. 923.  The number has doubled over the past several weeks.
It’s imperative that we get even more cosponsors, however, because the House leadership may bring up a reciprocity bill in the Fall.
While there are other similar bills, only H.R. 923 protects citizens who live in Constitutional Carry states.

So please urge your Representatives and Senators to insist that their leadership bring up H.R. 923 in the House and S. 498 in the Senate.

Gun-Free Zones are deadly.  And denying any person the benefits of carrying firearms for protection relegates him or her to traveling in a “mobile” Gun-Free Zone.
Again, please contact your Representative and Senators on this matter.

It’s important that Congress pass this legislation ... so that we can protect the rights of all concealed carriers ... and eliminate every victim-disarmament zone in this country.

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • 4 months later...
Sign the petition:

"Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on January 9, 2017, introduced the Hearing Protection Act, restoring your right to buy suppressors for your firearms":

Dear Representative:

I am writing to ask you to cosponsor Rep. Jeff Duncan's Hearing Protection Act, H.R. 367.

A "silencer" or, more correctly, a "suppressor" is, at its core, nothing more than a variation of a metal tube.  It reduces the sound level of a discharge by about 30 decibels, but does not eliminate the sound of the firearm.  

Perhaps for this reason, studies have found that "suppressors" are used in less than one-tenth of one percent of all criminal acts.

It is, at best, an historical anachronism that "suppressors" are treated the same way as full-blown "machine guns" for purposes of federal law.

Rep. Duncan's bill would treat suppressors like ordinary firearms for purposes of federal gun laws.

Even countries with strict gun control, like Norway, France, and Britain, deregulate and encourage the use of suppressors as a public health measure.

We urge you to place the public health above the strictures of some antiquated law -- and we urge you to bring U.S. gun law into the 21st Century.

Please cosponsor H.R. 367, Rep. Duncan's Hearing Protection Act.

• Like 1

I just finished sending messages to three of my reps concerning HR 3799 Hearing Protection Act. I sure hope this one goes through. Too many threaded muzzles that need friends. Too many raccoons that need enemies.

Me too. Again. Squeaky wheel theory.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Action required: John Cornyn Introduces Concealed Carry Reciprocity in the Senate

We have great news to tell you.

Texas Republican Senator John Cornyn just introduced his long-awaited concealed carry reciprocity bill (S. 446).

This is a bill that Gun Owners of America has worked long-and-hard for -- and the issue remains one of GOA’s top priorities.

The Cornyn bill is the near-identical companion to Rep. Richard Hudson’s H.R. 38 -- a bill that will allow you to protect yourself and your family, all across the country.

Under the Cornyn-Hudson bills, your permit to carry a concealed handgun will be recognized in any state in the union.

And if you live in a Constitutional Carry state, you won't need a permission slip at all to defend your life.

As you can imagine, gun grabbers are losing their minds over this legislation.

They are foaming at the mouth, claiming this legislation is dangerous and that it will put the safety of Americans in jeopardy.

That’s ridiculous, though.  These are the typical scare tactics we constantly hear from people who hate freedom.

But they are whining loudly because they know there is a good chance this legislation could be signed into law by President Trump.

So please take just 60 seconds to go here right now to send a pre-written letter to your U.S. Senators.

Urge them to cosponsor S. 446, the Cornyn concealed carry reciprocity bill.

Let’s hand gun grabbers a crushing defeat, and help roll back the restrictions that have prevented us from fully exercising our rights protected by the Second Amendment.

Thank you for taking action

Generate and send your letter here:

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=302713&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxE4cltDvPYPlJSCaNpW_L9dtVJ0I15osww5Ube1gmWWugBCj2eAbgtt7b0IA6cCMjBGrHKpPGK5QHCo6hURxVVZUxXJDO2GX_4DcV61ckD88&lp=0

• 2 weeks later...
Will “Son of ObamaCare” Become a Trojan Horse for Gun Control?

“Son of ObamaCare” Bill Must be Amended to Eliminate Anti-Gun Aspects

For six years now, congressional Republicans have campaigned on the promise that they would repeal ObamaCare on the first day that the GOP controlled Congress and the White House.  

But “ObamaCare repeal” seems to have devolved into a civil war in which GOP conservatives Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have now accused the Republican leadership of proposing “ObamaCare Lite” or “ObamaCare 2.0.”

We won’t get in the middle of whether House Speaker Paul Ryan’s “repeal and replace” bill is genuine conservative reform or RINO-backed socialism.  

But it is important to us that whatever bill passes be amended so that it does not become a dagger in the heart of the Second Amendment.  

And Ryan’s current draft, which is still unnumbered, threatens to be such an anti-gun measure.

These are our concerns:

FIRST:  The Ryan bill must be amended to prohibit the ATF or any government agency from sending millions of names to NICS -- because they have PTSD, ADHD, Alzheimer's, “anxiety,” or because a guardian processes their payments.  

This is exactly what happened with Social Security Disability Insurance recipients under the Obama administration.  

And, because of the Veterans Disarmament Act of 2007, there is no reason why, under “Son of ObamaCare,” the ATF could not troll the federal health database, or the expanded Medicaid rolls, or the lists of recipients of new entitlement funds -- and send millions of names to the NICS gun ban list.  

Given that “Son of ObamaCare” mandates that Americans maintain “continuous” insurance -- or suffer a 30% government-mandated penalty -- it is doubly important that these lists not be used to take our guns away.

SECOND:  Under a 2009 ObamaCare manager’s amendment [42 U.S.C. 300gg-17©(4)] -- inserted as a result of GOA’s urging -- an insurance company under ObamaCare is prohibited from denying insurance to gun owners and is prohibited from charging higher rates for gun owners.  

Had they been allowed to do this, “gun insurance” could have quickly become so prohibitively expensive that the Second Amendment would have been “insured” out of existence.

But ©(4) is only applicable to plans “issued pursuant to or in accordance with (ObamaCare).”  Most of the insurance plans purchased under the “Son of ObamaCare” bill will not fall within that category.

So now that “Son of ObamaCare” repeals many of the restrictions on insurance companies, it is critical that those companies continue to be prohibited from discriminating against gun owners -- and that prohibition needs to be unequivocal.  

Just as an insurance company cannot discriminate on the basis of race, it needs to be made clear that it cannot discriminate against Americans exercising their constitutionally-protected rights to keep and bear arms.

THIRD:  Under a 2009 ObamaCare manager’s amendment -- [42 U.S.C. 300gg-17©(1), (2), (3), and (5)] -- inserted as a result of GOA’s urging -- doctors cannot be required to ask their patients about gun ownership and enter that information into a federal health database.  

Obviously, such a requirement would amount to a de facto national gun registry. But the language prohibits the creation of federal gun registries. 

Under “Son of ObamaCare,” it is certainly theoretically possible for an administration to require queries concerning gun ownership as a condition, for example, of being eligible for tax credits. 

Anyone who thinks this is far-fetched should consider that one of Barack Obama’s 23 anti-gun executive actions was specifically aimed at trying to pressure doctors to ask about gun ownership and to enter this information into an ATF-accessible federal health database.

It needs to be made clear that doctors cannot be forced -- or perhaps even allowed -- to demand gun information and create such a registry.  

The bottom line is that many conservatives have serious problems with “Son of ObamaCare” because it keeps virtually all of the essential elements of the original:  the mandate (now a 30% lapsed-insurance penalty), the subsidies (now a “refundable” tax credit that sends out checks to people with no tax liability), and the entitlements (now a “grandfathered” Medicaid expansion).

For our part, we will definitely oppose the bill unless it is amended to remove the anti-gun aspects.

So please urge your U.S. Representative to support moves to remove the anti-gun aspects from the “Son of ObamaCare” bill, which is still unnumbered (as of this publication).

Contact your Representative now:

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=309713

• 1 month later...

Illinois: Contact your State Representative in Opposition to Legislation that could Force your Local Gun Dealer to Close!

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1694&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=51510821&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_siOOhugrjQ-4kzrRAsv_lbLdAfv3ty0TjnRzWI7XCyfCOIB_mskyU8y-_3-wvNAfrqPzGfV4oR9A_NKUGWnLYUwHH1g&_hsmi=51510821

SB 1657 would create onerous mandatory regulations, fees potentially in the thousands of dollars and excessive amounts of red tape that would almost assuredly force the closure of many firearm dealers, and prevent prospective owners from opening new ones. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) already licenses and closely monitors all federally licensed firearm dealers (FFLs) and strictly enforces any violation of federal law. 

SB 1657 goes far beyond federal law and is designed to shut down as many FFLs as possible.

Click here

• 4 weeks later...
Hunting Under Attack in the U.S. Senate

Time to Counter by Moving the “Hearing Protection Act” 

We want to solicit your assistance on two fronts.

First, Gun Owners of America needs your help to stop anti-gun Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren (D) from scoring an anti-gun coup.

Second, we want to remind you that one of the best ways you can support Gun Owners of America is by becoming a GOA Patriot member.

GOA Patriots are monthly contributors who are serious about defending the Second Amendment. 

Not only will you help GOA stay on the front lines, you will get a great-looking GOA cap as a thank you!

GOA Successfully Working to Block Possible Attacks on Hunters

A week ago, the Senate HELP Committee -- seriously, that’s its real acronym:  HELP! -- voted out legislation which would revamp regulation of over-the-counter hearing aids. 

The legislation is crafted by Senator Elizabeth Warren.

In the pro-gun House, representatives recognized that similar legislation might have ramifications for hunting-related listening devices.

Several news outlets covered GOA’s progress on this legislation, and noted how GOA is leading the fight against gun control.

Says BearingArms.com: “Things are getting heated in the gun world, especially with gun control advocates doing everything in their power to defeat the Second Amendment. But there’s one group who has ramped up [the pressure]: Gun Owners of America (GOA).”

And Guns.com reported that, “Gun Owners of America told House lawmakers last week to delete ‘anti-gun’ language added to a prescription drug bill winding its way through Congress.”

The results have been encouraging.

Under the auspices of pro-gun champion Richard Hudson (R-NC) and the Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Greg Walden (R-OR), GOA worked with Representatives who agreed to language alleviating any potential impact on guns. 

But so far, this pro-gun language has not been agreed to in the Senate. 

Hence, the bigger question is this:  If Congress is going to protect people’s hearing, how about deregulating suppressors?

GOA Working to Deregulate Suppressors

On January 9, Senator Mike Crapo (R-ID) introduced legislation to allow gun owners to protect their hearing by removing suppressors from the requirements of the National Firearms Act. 

If Warren is allowed to move her legislation forward -- on behalf of her wealthy constituent, Bose electronics -- legislation to protect the hearing of hunters ought to be allowed to proceed in tandem. 

As it now stands, firearms suppressors, which are little more than elaborate metal tubes, are treated like machine guns under federal law. 

To obtain one, you have to pay a hefty tax, submit fingerprints, undergo an elaborate FBI background check, and (under illegal Obama directives) obtain the permission of sometimes-hostile local law enforcement. 

There are at least two ironies to this:  The first is that it’s pretty easy to make a makeshift suppressor.  The second is that, even in gun-hating countries like Norway, suppressors are actively encouraged as hearing-protection measures. 

Tragically, the anti-health aspects of the 1934 National Firearms Act were written on the basis of mythology that Al Capone could use “silencers” to mow down “G-Men.”  

This storybook fiction is foolish from a variety of standpoints -- not the least of which is the fact that “suppressors” are not “silent.”

So gun owners -- and public health experts -- are now asking why public health should be sacrificed on the altar of some comic book scenario that defines a “machine gun” to include a metal tube. 

But, one way or another, it’s time for the Senate and the House to take a stand on this health issue.  

And the Senate, in particular, should not allow the anti-gun Warren to put “points on the board” without considering how the hearing of gun owners can be protected at the same time. 

So please contact Sen1 and Sen2.  Urge them to cosponsor S. 59, and to support the “Hearing Protection Act” when it is considered by the Senate.

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=356513&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxQHpyHQJGSvtZdOIxjJsiq1qe0F0u3uPcefVs5Kq4ykzXiFqwuOq0BalXC23_Dn2WwbHpwpeuikXJdMMPPrNk0WeuYG-hGVlINqyYNxvPCbc&lp=0

• 1 month later...

I just sent this one to my representatives:

Please Support a FULL REPEAL, no replacement of Obamacare.
The Party campaigned on a FULL REPEAL, now you want to stick us with Obamacare light. 

.gov should STAY OUT of healthcare. All it will do is add unnecessary complexity, and cause working Americans to pay for freeloaders.

Let the Free Market alone!

Keep your Word. You mock-voted for full REPEAL scores of times.

This time, it COUNTS. 

Does your Word count, or is it just more bloviating from another politician?

Feel free to copy/paste to your politicians.
Edited by patriot
  • Like 1