"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

Drafting my letter that I will send tomorrow. Many thanks to those that have posted their letters and notes thus far. I have used a great amount of the collective info found on this site. Our 3 CONgressmen are generally pro-gun and we now thankfully have only 1democrat representing us.

• Like 1

10 - 4. I'm not sure how the process works but I'm trying to use a different message each time. I wouldn't want duplicate messages to be discounted but who knows, maybe it makes no difference. I'm sure one message from 10 different voters is more effective than 10 messages from the same voter but again, who knows?

• Like 1

No, but I e-mailed Diane Feinstein, telling her how hot she'd look holding an AK on a gun calendar while naked. I even told her I'd put her on the August (hottest month) calendar between Janet Reno and Nancy Pelosi to emphasize her 'hotness' even more. I figured I'd try reverse psychology guys, since I seriously doubt anyone else has.

• Like 2

Done and done. Guys, you might think it makes no difference and I cannot guarantee that it will. But if nothing else it amounts to "public opinion" and usually politicians pay attention to the numbers no matter which side of an issue they are on. You might not convince anyone to change their views but if they know they received tens of thousands of Pro Gun Rights messages as opposed to hundreds they will not be so bold in what they do.

If they think none of their constituents really care about Gun Rights they won't hesitate to go for broke.

Self preservation is usually a very strong instinct amongst career politicians.

• Like 1

I'm thinking it would be good to contact those outside my state. Something along the lines of "Dear Sir, even though I am not one of your constituents, what you do could still have a great effect on me as it relates to Federal Law...."

Who are some of the other Pro Gun Rights Senators outside of South Carolina? I tried Googling it and couldn't find anything.

I'm also getting on the phone and talking to friends and relatives about doing the same. In the time it takes to drink a beer you can pen a message...and the great thing is, you can send a message and drink a beer at the same time. beer.gif

Jeff Duncan is my House Rep. I'm not worried about him. He's major pro gun and voted against the NDAA.
Tim Scott was appointed when DeMint Left. Scott co-sponsored the national right to carry act. I'm not worried about him.

Then we have that closet homosexual Sen. Flimsy Gramnesty who is constantly chasing Barney's Frank...He has come out (but not from the closet) and stated he's voting against it, but he flips and flops like a fish out of water. --- Letter sent.

• Like 1
Jeff Duncan is my House Rep. I'm not worried about him. He's major pro gun and voted against the NDAA.

Tim Scott was appointed when DeMint Left. Scott co-sponsored the national right to carry act. I'm not worried about him.

Then we have that closet homosexual Sen. Flimsy Gramnesty who is constantly chasing Barney's Frank...He has come out (but not from the closet) and stated he's voting against it, but he flips and flops like a fish out of water. --- Letter sent.

Wrote Scott today. I don't think it hurts to write guys you know are in our corner already. This way they can stand up and honestly say that they've heard from their constituents. I sent Graham a mail yesterday respectfully letting him know that I was pleased he'd said he's going to fight for us and conveyed my hope that he will stick to it. If he doesn't do what he said he'd do I'll work my ass off to see he gets shown the door the next time he's up.

I don't know why mooks like him can't see that this "go along to get along" bullshit is not getting the job done and that the left will gladly take everything you give them and still want to bend you over.

Today's letter

insert elect officials name,
I cannot express how much concern and indignation I have over the possibility of the further eroding of We The People's 2A Rights, via a new and draconian AWB.
If you allow yourself or other Republicans to have law abiding citizens treated like criminals.
We will do every thing in our power to drive you out of office.
Any law passed that would both subjugate & criminalize 2/3rds of this Nation's Citizenry with the stroke of a pen, based on the actions of a half dozen mentally ill people.
Would not only be draconian, but pure evil and a blatant act of treason against both the Citizens and Constitution of these United States.
Take heed, We are tired of this crap!
Sincerely,
John Cox
  • Like 2

Today's letter sent;

Are We Serious?

Dear Sirs,

I very much agree with the current, widespread sentiment that something must be done to ensure as much as possible that incidents like the one that occurred recently in Connecticut do not happen again.

And as with addressing any issue to prevent recurrence the only logical approach is to find the root or leading cause. Anything else shows either a lack of understanding of the problem solving process or willful disregard for it giving preference to ulterior motives such as hidden political agendas.

For instance, the percentage of gun crimes for which so called "assault weapons" account is somewhere around 4% (a liberal, pardon the pun, estimate).

Why would those who appear to be so passionate about addressing this issue choose to focus on such a statistically small part of the problem? Does this fact support the idea that they are really serious about protecting our children?

For rational people the answer is obvious.

Respectfully,

• Like 2

Yeah, but like preaching to the Choir. Jack Kingston is about as pro-gun as they get. John Barrow is not bad either, but he is a (D).

Need to focus on your NEW Reps and Senators, if the outgoing ones lost. Most who are there are solid in there support for or agin'st.

Again - Like the petitions - this is a feel good measure, unless your rep / senator have some weight.

• Like 1