"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

Letters sent to Federal and State officials today from the Congress.org mail app.

I am writing to you to oppose any new gun control laws. The reason I oppose new laws are many, and based on the facts below:

We already have over 20,000 gun laws in existence, many of which are not enforced at all, or very little. The terrible crimes committed in the last few years already violated many laws, adding more will not help.

The term "assault weapon" is so vague there is no practical definition. It is unusable in any kind of legal procedure.

Rifles of any kind are used in less than 2% of homicides. You would be much more effective in reducing homicides by banning hammers. This is not a joke, it is based on facts.

There already exist so many rifles and so many magazines in the world today, that trying to ban new ones will have no effect. Criminals in this country already obtain their gun illegally, how would new legislation prevent this?

I ask you to please study the FACTS. Our violent crime rates have been going DOWN for many years. Those states that have passed Concealed Carry legislation have seen REDUCTIONS in their crime rates. The cities and states with the most onerous anti-gun laws have HIGHER crime rates than the rest of the nation. Look at the laws for Chicago and Detroit and look at their homicide rates for last year. Adding more laws will not help.

Please consider ALL factors relating to the violence in our country, before trying to pass useless laws that will turn millions of law-abiding American Citizens into criminals.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

This thread seems to have lost it's steam. I understand this. We each should do what we feel we have to...

Today's letter;

Dear Sir,

I sit before my computer writing this letter with a deep and abiding sense of dread. My personal circumstances aside I am fearful in a way that I can honestly say I have not been in all of my 58 years of life. In my time I have encountered many obstacles and faced many trials. But deep down I've always known that for better or for worse how things turn out in any given situation has always been up to me and is no one's responsibility but mine.

But now I feel that there are forces at work beyond my control that are seeking to deny me what I am guaranteed by the United States Constitution, my birthright as an American. And the thing being denied is the most important, most fundamental right in existence. It is the right to defend my own life against anyone who would seek to take it be it an individual or a tyrannical government. The Declaration of Independence speaks of the unalienable right to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". It is no coincidence that "Life" is first because without it nothing else matters. A dead man has no need of any further considerations.

Some may label my concern as being irrational or not based in reality. After all, we're in the 21rst century...have we not moved past the point as a civilization where concerns about a tyrannical government are warranted? I would say to you emphatically we have not. Because as long as humans exist there will be those among us who will seek to impose their will on us all. It is simply, human nature.

Many scoff at the idea that Freedom and the Right To Keep And Bear Arms are synonymous. They argue that in this "enlightened" age we can trust in those other than ourselves to be vigilant in maintaining our freedom. But can we?

Recent history is rife with examples of the subjugation and oppression undertaken by governments against their own people. And the somewhat trite phrase "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it" is still strong in it's cautionary nature.

You may as my elected representative allow many things to happen to me. You may allow the government to take an ever increasing amount of the money I work hard for, you may make it difficult for me to exercise my right to freedom of association and you can make it so that I must tolerate those who will not tolerate me...egregious breeches of trust all.

But DO NOT allow this government to take from me that which matters most, my right to defend myself and my family. Because when this is taken from me I have lost everything and I am truly no longer free.

ADD: Sent to McCain, Inhofe, SC Senators and SC state reps, SC governor.

Edit: First line, second paragraph.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 2

Thank you sir, salute returned. As I've advised others, I just sat down and wrote from my heart. I would not be deterred if anyone feels they don't have "a way with words". If it comes from the heart, it will show through.

Oh, and Sargent, yours don't have to compare with mine. I'm sure if I sat down and tried to express your sentiments I'd do a pretty bad job of it.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 1

I havent managed to contact today, I did yesterday though, and I will tomorrow. I did, however recieve this, partly welcome response. While I would have like positive affirmation against bans, he addressed some better ideas and ignored bans:

Dear [me]

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut and your views on gun control.

On December 14, 2012, 20 innocent children and six adults lost their lives in one of the worst, most tragic shootings to ever occur in the United States. As a parent of three daughters, this was the ultimate nightmare. Like the Virginia Tech and Columbine shootings, this tragedy unfolded in what was once regarded as a safe haven free of crime and violence: a school.

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment constitutional right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I own firearms and I have an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. However, I also recognize that, like with many of our constitutional rights, our Second Amendment rights are not without limits. It is unfortunate that a tragedy of this magnitude is what is needed to prompt action, but we need to have a serious discussion on how to best avoid these kinds of mass shootings in the future. The status quo is not acceptable.

I believe our discussion should cover many issues. We can start by improving the existing criminal background check system. Currently, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is woefully incomplete, with many states failing to submit available records on persons who may be disqualified from purchasing or possessing firearms. With a more complete background check system, we can keep firearms out of the hands of those who have been deemed unfit to possess them.

In addition, we can take common sense measures such as passing the CAMPUS Safety Act (S. 3682), which I introduced last year. That bill would establish a national center for campus public safety within the Department of Justice to serve as a resource center and assist schools and universities in developing campus safety plans and threat assessment tools. We also need to look at changes to our mental health system so we can provide help to those with dangerous mental illnesses before it is too late. There will not be a single solution, but all of these issues and others need to be part of the conversation and I urge you to continue to express your views as we move forward.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For further information or to sign up for my newsletter please visit my website at http://warner.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

MARK R. WARNER

United States Senator

Nice sqishy! Looks like i will be borrowing this letter too! Thanks!

• Like 1

Here is a brilliant (IMO) script from Dr. Ignatius Piazza.

I'm taking the liberty of posting it "as is" (Mods, please have a mercy for a good cause; thanks!!!).

3 Steps to Kill Biden/Obama Gun Control Schemes

Watch this video to see Joe Biden make a statement that paints Obama with the blood of thousands of good, law abiding, responsible citizens and shows how stupid these gun grabbing fools must be to think that the American people will sit back, do nothing and buy the Government's line of gun control bullshit.

Yes, you heard it right. Biden made the statement, "As the President said, if our actions result in only saving one life, they are worth taking."
It is hard to believe that the two people elected to the highest office in the land cannot formulate an argument for gun control better than using that worn out, utterly ridiculous, "if it saves just one life..." mantra of moronic gun control fanatics.

Worse than coming off as idiots and insulting the intelligence of anyone who has a rational thought running thought their heads these days, Biden and Obama are willing to literally kill THOUSANDS of law abiding, responsible citizens who use guns EVERY YEAR to justifiably defend themselves in lethal encounters.

Biden and Obama will KILL THOUSANDS to SAVE ONE. Who voted for these morons?

Oh yeah, the same people, from the same cities, who suffer from the highest violent crime and murder rates, thanks to having the strictest gun control in the country, voted for Obama.

Wake up all you gun haters and realize that when you enact gun control, you simply shift the balance of power on the street to the criminals, who will always have guns. You cannot hire enough police to protect you when criminals know the law abiding are unarmed. Just ask citizens of Chicago who suffered through 513 murders in 2012. By comparison 136 soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in 2012. So with all the strict gun control in Chicago, the Chicago Police and Mayor Rahm Emanuel allowed nearly FOUR TIMES MORE Americans to be murdered than soldiers killed in a war zone!
Here are the 3 Steps to Kill Biden/Obama Gun Control Schemes...

Step 1: Watch this video as it is yet another GREAT explanation of the REAL situation in America and it exposes gun grabbing, freedom stealing, fear mongers like Biden and Obama for what they really are: Bad actors who try to appear sincere and empathetic but are really just opportunistic vultures exploiting our dead children to further strip us of our ability to resist their corruption, after yet another Mass Murder in the Gun Free Zones they have created. Watch this...

So violent crime and murder rates have dropped 50% and nobody is taking credit for that... Well I will tell you WHY there has been a 50% reduction in violent crime and murder in the US since 1992.
Only one thing has changed from 1992 to present that would have a direct impact on violent crime and murder rates and that change is the dramatic increase in Shall Issue Concealed Carry Permits! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Florida started it off in 1987 and immediately saw that the issuance of Concealed Carry Permits actually reduced violent crime and murder rates. Other states followed with more and more states adopting Shall Issue Concealed Carry for its responsible, law abiding citizens.
And thus began a trend of nearly all states adopting Shall Issue Concealed Carry for its citizens, (with the notable exceptions of those states like Illinois, New York, Washington DC and a few others) that brings us today to a 50% drop in violent crime and murder rates, making the United States 3 times safer than Gun Free, Not So Great Britain... ALL WHILE MILLIONS MORE GUNS have been manufactured and distributed into the hands of US citizens each year!

Our violent crime rate would be EVEN SMALLER if we did not suffer from the lunatics in office who enact strict gun control in our big cities, causing murder rates to exceed bona fide war zones!

Step 2: It is time to contact the White House and our Congressional Representatives EVERY DAY, DAY IN AND DAY OUT until this gun control nonsense DIES. It will die, if we do our part.
There is only one thing these politicians care about more than anything else... being re-elected. Make sure they understand that if they allow ANY new gun control to pass, you will devote time and money to see them replaced in their next election cycle.

Remind them of the losses the Democrats sustained in 2010 and what happened after the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 when gun owners sought revenge at the voting booth resulting in the Republicans taking the House of Representatives from the Democrats in the 1994 Congressional Elections. It WILL happen again if politicians don't heed our warning make the same mistake again.
Use this link http://capwiz.com/gunowners/dbq/officials/ from my good friend Larry Pratt at Gun Owners of America to contact the White House and your Congressional Representatives EVERY DAY, DAY IN AND DAY OUT until this gun control nonsense ends.

Step 3: Forward this e-mail to EVERYONE YOU KNOW and ask them to join in to Kill Biden/Obama Gun Control Schemes by simply following this 3 Step Attack.
I will do my part by making sure that EACH AND EVERY DAY I give you great NEW material to forward so you can make our message go viral across America to educate the masses.
I will also do my best to offer Americans the greatest opportunities to be part of the thousands of citizens we train each and every week.

The key is to educate the American people AND their Government Representatives.
This is very easy to do...

1. Read what I send you each day.
2. Send a letter to each of your Senators, Representatives, Governor and the two, biggest freedom stealing gun grabbers in the Whitehouse, Biden and Obama.
3. Forward my e-mails to EVERYONE you know and ask them to do the same thing you are doing.

Right now there are 652,324 of us, just on my Front Sight Subscriber List and it is growing in numbers each day as our message is heard. Through our efforts and the magic of geometric progression that occurs when a timely e-mail message goes viral, we can educate and inform the entire nation!
So please do your part and I will keep doing my part.

Together, we can Kill Biden/Obama Gun Control Schemes and save our beloved America from the threat of Civil War.

Sincerely,
Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 2
Lets see over 400 views and there are not over 400 posts saying that "you" sent e-mail to the Reps and the prez.

A bit off dont ya think.

Sent 4 today!!!

Three sent today, to Feds and State off-s.

I truly believe that few confirmed postings do NOT represent the entire number of those contacted their Lawmakers.

P.S. Just used Ruger's link: awesome; thanks Gaddis!

Guys and gals, use it:

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

Sent another round via Ruger's link even before brushing my teeth.

Round two is going out after the cup of coffee.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!

THE SCALES ARE TIPPING, BUT WE NEED TO STAY FOCUSED AND DETERMINED TO WIN!

WE WILL PREVAIL !!!

• Like 1

Been on the road a couple of days and haven't had time to do much computer work. I'd add, ask friends, family and acquaintances to send letters too. Make it easy for them, send the some of the links in this thread so all they have to do is some clicking. I think for example 10 letters from 10 difference people would be more effective than 10 letters from one person. But, no reason for one person to limit the amount of letters they send. Each of the 10 people sending 10 letters each would be even better but....

• Like 1

I just sent this one to Senator Bob Casey:

Stand AGAINST further infringements upon our Constitutional Rights, specifically, the 2nd Amendment.

Do you job and REPRESENT us for a change, or don't you have the backbone or conscience to do anything other than be a blatantly self-serving political hack?

To quote Samuel Adams,

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,
the tranquility of servitude
better than the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or your arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Feeling UN-represented,

I feel nothing but sorrow for what you and your cronies are doing to our Nation.

• Like 3

The bigger the e-mail is the less it will be read.

I got a "phone call" to night for one of my state Reps.

Mae Beavers, we talked for a bit, She said She is for us on the 2nd.

But at the state level, She can only do so much.

The bigger the e-mail is the less it will be read.

I got a "phone call" to night for one of my state Reps.

Mae Beavers, we talked for a bit, She said She is for us on the 2nd.

But at the state level, She can only do so much.

I'm wondering how these state level actions to protect the 2nd will hold up. Still good to know state reps are willing to get in the game.

I sent a custom drafted 3000 word essay to all my congressmen and PBO!

It's admirable that you would go to the trouble to do this. But as it's been said, it might not get the consideration it deserves. To be that long you obviously covered multiple points. It might be worthwhile to take each point and make a letter out of it, just add some text so it reads well. A little more work and you'd have multiple letters to send.

• Like 1

i might get flak for saying im a registered democrat, but it is true. Although Im very torn. I would say i hate democrats and republicans about equally.

Dear Mr. Wyden

I would like to first say I am a registered Democrat. I am a union member with the IBEW and generally agree with democrats on most issues. Gun control is not one of them. I own several firearms, including an ar-15, among others. I use my ar-15 for long range target shooting and varmint hunting. Most of the gun control bills I see being proposed, I feel are the wrong direction. Things like magazine restrictions, feature restriction and specific firearm restrictions will do nothing to curb crime and I feel are a complete slap in the face to the constitution. If you support any bill containing these types of restrictions for law abiding citizens i will not support you in the future. On the other hand I would support things like tougher penalties for criminals and penalties for your weapons being used in crimes. Please do not let the 2nd amendment die, there are more reasonable and more effective ways to curb crime

Thank you
James Forester

• Like 2

Sign the free grassroots' FAX, demanding protection of your 2A rights: http://www.nagr.org/filibusterfax.aspx?pid=e

And the word from Dr. Ignatius Piazza:

We are seeing the results of your efforts in spreading the truth about the fallacies of gun control. Biden/Obama are now back-peddling under the Internet onslaught of outrage over their initial probe of America's stomach for more gun control.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON EVERY DAY, DAY IN AND DAY OUT UNTIL THE GUN GRABBERS RETREAT BACK INTO THEIR HOLES.

Use this link: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

It doesn't get any easier than this to send a letter to Biden, Obama, your Governor, Senators and Representatives. Do it TODAY and EVERY DAY to show Gun Grabbers Biden and Obama that they are making a BIG mistake!

We also now have a direct link to Innocents Betrayed, the documentary that demonstrates the irrefutable connection between gun control and the genocide of over 170 million people at the hands of their own governments. I co-produced Innocents Betrayed with Aaron Zelman of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO).

You can now see it here:http://libertycrier.com/front-page/innocents-betrayed-genocide-by-gun-control-true-history-of-gun-confiscation/

Use this link http://capwiz.com/gunowners/dbq/officials/ from my good friend Larry Pratt at Gun Owners of America to contact the White House and your Congressional Representatives EVERY DAY, DAY IN AND DAY OUT until this gun control nonsense ends.

FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOU KNOW... KEEP THE PRESSURE ON. IT IS WORKING!

Biden/Obama are underestimating the resolve, passion, and ability of American Gun Owners, just the way King George III underestimated us over 237 years ago.

Obama and Biden erroneously believe we will simply cave in to their gun grab, just like Great Britain and Australian gun owners caved in when their legislators confiscated guns.

A gun grab in America will not go the way of Great Britain and Australia for the simple reason that we are not of the same mindset as the British and Aussies and WE HAVE SEEN the unacceptable rise in violent crime that resulted directly from disarming responsible citizens in those countries, thus shifting the balance of power into the hands of criminals.

WE ARE AMERICAN GUN OWNERS. FOR THE SAKE OF ALL AMERICANS, WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!

P.S. And, yes, I've sent another round of letters today and will follow up with phone calls as well.

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

Let's not forget our local officials.

Here is my letter to our County Sheriff:

Dear Sir,
I need to know where do you, our County Sheriff, stand on our Right to Keep and Bear?
Will you be the one who upholds the Constitution and the Right to Keep and Bear, or submit to the scheme of disarmament and oppression?
Will you join brave Law Enforcement Authorities, such as Kentucky's Sheriff Denny Peyman, Oregon's Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller, and others, who decline to cooperate on anti-Constitutional schemes, rammed in by our zealous politicians?
I urge you to serve in full accordance to the Oath you took.
Please let me know if I can count on you in protecting our rights and freedoms.
Most respectfully,

• Like 1

I just called Lindsey Graham's office and had about an 8 minute conversation with a staffer. I didn't get the impression she was hurrying the conversation until.....I told her that the people that hired Senator Graham to represent them would be watching closely and would keep in mind his representation when the time comes to renew his contract. I did make it point to ask if writing letters actually makes a difference and she said emphatically, yes. She said his staff reads the letters and takes the gist of them and passes them along to the Senator. But of course she'd say this but maybe it's true.

• Like 1

Today's letter sent to the Feds and also State level people. This is one I think should get wide circualtion, please use it as you wish. The more people point to the elephant in the room no one wants to see the better.

Dear Sir,

In this country the talk about how to keep another tragedy like the one at Sandy Hook from happening again is reaching a fever pitch. As is usually the case a large percentage of what is being talked about will make no difference and only serve to support certain political agendas.

If we really serious about addressing this issue honestly instead of paying lip service to it we need to look at the known root causes. In the article below Ann Coulter lays out factual information about recent occurrences which point to some very obvious conclusions. How long will we ignore these facts? How many potential victims will we put at risk by doing so?

Guns Don't Kill People, the Mentally Ill Do
By Ann Coulter
1/16/2013

Seung-Hui Cho, who committed the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007, had been diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder as a child and placed under treatment.

But Virginia Tech was prohibited from being told about Cho's mental health problems because of federal privacy laws.

At college, Cho engaged in behavior even more bizarre than the average college student. He stalked three women and, at one point, went totally silent, refusing to speak even to his roommates. He was involuntarily committed to a mental institution for one night and then unaccountably unleashed on the public, whereupon he proceeded to engage in the deadliest mass shooting by an individual in U.S. history.

The 2011 Tucson, Ariz., shopping mall shooter, Jared Loughner, was so obviously disturbed that if he'd stayed in Pima Community College long enough to make the yearbook, he would have been named "Most Likely to Commit Mass Murder."

After Loughner got a tattoo, the artist, Carl Grace, remarked: "That's a weird dude. That's a Columbine candidate."

One of Loughner's teachers, Ben McGahee, filed numerous complaints against him, hoping to have him removed from class. "When I turned my back to write on the board," McGahee said, "I would always turn back quickly -- to see if he had a gun."

On her first day at school, student Lynda Sorensen emailed her friends about Loughner: "We do have one student in the class who was disruptive today, I'm not certain yet if he was on drugs (as one person surmised) or disturbed. He scares me a bit. The teacher tried to throw him out and he refused to go, so I talked to the teacher afterward. Hopefully he will be out of class very soon, and not come back with an automatic weapon."

The last of several emails Sorensen sent about Loughner said: "We have a mentally unstable person in the class that scares the living cr** out of me. He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon. Everyone interviewed would say, Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird."

That was the summer before Loughner killed six people at the Tucson shopping mall, including a federal judge and a 9 year-old girl, and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, among others.

Loughner also had run-ins with the law, including one charge for possessing drug paraphernalia -- a lethal combination with mental illness. He was eventually asked to leave college on mental health grounds, released on the public without warning.

Perhaps if Carl Grace, Ben McGahee or Lynda Sorensen worked in the mental health field, six people wouldn't have had to die that January morning in Tucson. But committing Loughner to a mental institution in Arizona would have required a court order stating that he was a danger to himself and others.

Innumerable studies have found a correlation between severe mental illness and violent behavior. Thirty-one to 61 percent of all homicides committed by disturbed individuals occur during their first psychotic episode -- which is why mass murderers often have no criminal record. There's no time to wait with the mentally ill.

James Holmes, the accused Aurora, Colo., shooter, was under psychiatric care at the University of Colorado long before he shot up a movie theater. According to news reports and court filings, Holmes told his psychiatrist, Dr. Lynne Fenton, that he fantasized about killing "a lot of people," but she refused law enforcement's offer to place Holmes under confinement for 72 hours.

However, Fenton did drop Holmes as a patient after he made threats against another school psychiatrist. And after Holmes made threats against a professor, he was asked to leave campus. But he wasn't committed. People who knew he was deeply troubled just pushed him onto society to cause havoc elsewhere.

Little is known so far about Adam Lanza, the alleged Newtown, Conn., elementary school shooter, but anyone who could shoot a terrified child and say to himself, "That was fun -- I think I'll do it 20 more times!" is not all there.

It has been reported that Lanza's mother, his first victim, was trying to have him involuntarily committed to a mental institution, triggering his rage. If true -- and the media seem remarkably uninterested in finding out if it is true -- Mrs. Lanza would have had to undergo a long and grueling process, unlikely to succeed.

As The New York Times' Joe Nocera recently wrote: "Connecticut's laws are so restrictive in terms of the proof required to get someone committed that Adam Lanza's mother would probably not have been able to get him help even if she had tried."

Taking guns away from single women who live alone and other law-abiding citizens without mental illnesses will do nothing about the Chos, Loughners, Holmeses or Lanzas. Such people have to be separated from civil society, for the public's sake as well as their own. But this is nearly impossible because the ACLU has decided that being psychotic is a civil right.

Consequently, whenever a psychopath with a million gigantic warning signs commits a shocking murder, the knee-jerk reaction is to place yet more controls on guns. By now, guns are the most heavily regulated product in America.

It hasn't worked.

Even if it could work -- and it can't -- there are still subway tracks, machetes, fists and bombs. The most deadly massacre at a school in U.S. history was at an elementary school in Michigan in 1927. It was committed with a bomb. By a mentally disturbed man.

How about trying something new for once?

• Like 1

I thought it was time to contact my SC reps to ask that they do whatever they can on a state level to fight what is being done on a Federal level as some states are doing.

So this was sent to the Governor, all South Carolina Senators and members of the House of Representatives;

Dear Ma'am s & Sirs,

As a tax payer and citizen of the great state of South Carolina I am writing to you today to express my concern about current efforts to punish law abiding citizens of our great state for the actions of a few mentally ill individuals. I understand that as this is being done on a Federal level elected officials in our state for the most part can only stand by and watch. But is this really true?

I am seeing certain individual states taking action to preempt any Federal action that would run counter to the oath all elected officials take to support the U.S. Constitution and specifically to not allow our Second Amendment rights to be infringed upon.

If this were simply a matter of my personal comfort or convenience alone I would not be writing to you today. But I do not think it's an overstatement to say that this issue is about nothing less than Life and Death for ALL citizens of our state regardless of race, creed or color.

If I am not allowed the basic human right to defend myself and my family from anyone who would do us harm be it a common criminal on the street or an out of control Federal Government, what other right or consideration matters? If we must live in fear for our lives what real meaning does the promise of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" in our Declaration of Independence have?

Because of these concerns I would like for you to consider any and all measures to ensure that those who do not share the values of the majority of South Carolinians do not have the opportunity to have such disproportionate and undue influence on our lives.

I am always available for further discussion and would welcome it.

Respectfully,

As always, use as you wish.

Wow, got a boat load of auto responses...it will be interesting to see how my state reps respond. Also, I sent this letter to my Sheriff Al Canon. Seems he's had some trouble lately...bitch slapped a perp in the back of a squad car....I think he deserves a medal for it but as a Republican of course he's got people calling for his head on a platter.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 1