"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

sent:

Senator:
I ask that you oppose all bills containing language to restrict firearms, ammo, and related item access.
I ask that you oppose all bills that expand firearm/ammo/related background checks.
I ask that you instead support armed security in our schools.
Sincerely,

also called the McConnel and Grassley, above

• Like 1
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

Gun Owners of America
GOA to NRA Leadership:
Please Urge Senators to Support the Paul-Cruz-Lee Filibuster
We are going into a battle which will determine the future of gun control for the next decade - and perhaps for the rest of our lifetime.
Here's the status: On or around April 8, Harry Reid will move to proceed to S. 649. That "base bill" contains the Veterans Gun Ban, which could send you to prison for 15 years if you sell a gun to a veteran, without realizing he has PTSD. The bill will also contain the Schumer version of Universal Gun Registries.
S. 649 does not have the 60 votes necessary to break a filibuster on final passage. However, if Reid can get the motion to proceed adopted - and get on the bill itself - he will play let's-make-a-deal and use bribes and kickbacks to buy the 60 votes he needs.
In particular, Reid and Schumer will probably try to prune the universal registry bill to buy off the vote of Oklahoma Republican Tom Coburn. They may pretend to prohibit recordkeeping by the FBI, but you can bet their "compromise" will contain a big, juicy loophole.
In addition, they may pare it back to gun shows and internet sales, although the most recent "gun show" bill we have seen would effectively ban gun shows.
The media has been reporting that the NRA leadership is working with West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin to craft these compromises, although NRA vehemently denies it.
As a result of anti-gun rules changes, there are two ways to proceed to a bill in the Senate. One requires 60 votes, which we have. The second requires 50 votes (plus Biden), but requires Reid to give up some of his control of the floor.
The point is this: Our efforts will be tremendously helped if the NRA leadership publicly calls on Senators to oppose the motion to proceed, opposes cloture on the motion to proceed, and scores both votes.
If it does this, the motion to proceed will die. Reid will be unable to move to any gun control legislation. Gun control will die.
We believe that, because of the strength and fervor of our membership, we are very close to winning this battle - but it would be so much easier if we were both singing off the same page.
ACTION: If, you are an NRA member, contact them. Urge them to join with us in supporting the Paul-Cruz-Lee filibuster. That means they should tell Senators to oppose the motion to proceed to any gun control vehicle, and to oppose cloture on the motion to proceed to any gun control vehicle.
CONTACT: You can use the message below to direct your comments to NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.
Call 1-800-392-8683 or send him a message at www.nraila.org/secure/contact-us.aspx

----

Web version of above: http://gunowners.org/a04012013.htm
  • Like 1

Here's today's letter.

Senator:
Please oppose all gun/related control issues, and expanded background checks, etc.
Please instead, put armed security in our schools, and balance the budget so we don't face third-world status in the next few years. We both know this is the real reason the President wants control, and we need to avoid it much more than we need to control the possession of firearms by the good citizens of the United States of America.
========================
Thanks for the updates Sgt. Raven! I am on it!
  • Like 1

I hate to be a daily bell ringer, but Chairman and his neo-commie goons leaves me with no other option.

---------------

Gun Owners of America
Gun Control can be Passed Only
If Republicans Sell Out

Tell them Gun Owners oppose "universal" background checks

“Gun-control measures that seemed destined to become law after the school shootings in Newtown, Conn., are in jeopardy amid a fierce lobbying campaign by firearms advocates.”
- The Washington Post, April 1, 2013

We realize that you have been receiving several emails from Gun Owners of America in recent days. And while we apologize for filling your inbox so frequently, we hope you realize that we are in an all-out fight to stop Congress from infringing upon our liberties.

Your activism is making a difference, but we need to keep the pressure on!

As so, as we approach “gun control Armageddon” next week, we are faced, not surprisingly, with “sell-outs and rumors of sell-outs.”

But we can conclude that all gun control will die UNLESS Republicans flinch. And this is why, now that anti-gun Senator Chuck Schumer is on the verge of a humiliating defeat, he’s scrambling for some feckless Republican who will help him turn GOP victory into GOP defeat.

Anti-gun columnist Ruth Marcus spoke for Schumer last Wednesday morning when she suggested that, as a desperation measure, anti-gunners might have to drop recordkeeping from the universal registry bill.

But even if ALL recordkeeping were dropped, which is doubtful, background checks would mean that:

• Americans would still have to get the government’s permission to own a firearm from whatever source.
  • Americans in rural areas without access to the Internet could be barred from gun ownership.
  • The Brady Check system would break down on weekends even more often than it currently does.
  • Eight percent of all applicants would still be illegally denied the right to purchase firearms through “false negatives.”
  • Schumer would still claim that he “broke the back of the gun lobby.”
  • The universal registry bill would still be nothing but a vehicle for consideration of other gun control now - and a platform for gun control demands in the future.

The solution to all of this is easy, and it’s for Senators to support the Paul-Cruz-Lee filibuster! Tell them not to let Congress sidle up to the gun control buffet and to defeat the motion to proceed to gun control.

ACTION: Click here to contact your Senators. Demand they support the Paul-Cruz-Lee filibuster and oppose the motion to proceed to any gun control vehicle.

The system will automatically select a pre-written editable response, depending upon whether your Senator is a Republican or Democrat.

facebook_share.png?host=filemanager.capw

• Like 1

Reid to use his Gun Bill to Portray

Republicans as "Rape Supporters"

Honestly. Watching MSNBC is torment. It is like planting a listening device in Hitler's bunker.

After consultation with the White House, MSNBC has revealed what the Democrat's strategy is for passing "universal gun registration," gun bans, and magazine bans.

Ironically, one MSNBC commentator, Mike Barnicle, accidentally referred to universal background checks as "universal gun registration." What does that tell you about the Left's agenda for background checks?

Bottom line: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will bring gun control (S. 649) to the floor, and he will use his privileged recognition to force Republicans to cast votes that will paint them as wanting to arm rapists and violent felons.

You can click here to read the transcript of the MSNBC strategy session orview the video by clicking here.

The message is clear for Republicans and pro-gun Democrats:

They need to stop the Gun Control Bribe-O-Thon by filibustering and defeating the Motion to Proceed to the Gun Control Vehicle, which will probably be S. 649.

If they allow the Senate to proceed to the gun control bill, Harry Reid, who has privileged recognition in the Senate will orchestrate a multi-day gun control bash-o-thon — with Obama, Biden, and every other anti-gunner in America coordinating a narrative that pro-gunners support rapists, murderers, and every other type of evil-doer.

The strategy is NOT to allow Reid to stage his bash-o-thon so the GOP can show what it's "for." Reid has control of the floor, and, as we saw with ObamaCare, he will use that control to mercilessly destroy supporters of the Second Amendment.

Plus, Reid will try to get a sufficient number of Senators by using bribes and kickbacks to buy the 60 anti-gun votes he needs (just like he did on ObamaCare).

ACTION: Click here to contact your Senators. Reinforce that the key vote on gun control is a vote to oppose the motion to proceed to the gun control bribe-o-thon, and to support the Paul-Cruz-Lee filibuster of the motion to proceed to the gun control bribe-o-thon.

facebook_share.png?host=filemanager.capw

• Like 1

sent another letter, kept it simple. tired of yakking at closed minds:

Please oppose all bills, including any motion to proceed that may come this next week, which include or are directed to regulating/restricting firearms, ammunition, firearm background checks, and related measures.
Instead, focus on putting security in our schools, and fixing our broken mental health system.
Robert M. Kelly
  • Like 1

This is my response to an e-mail I received from this tool today:

You are a liar, a Traitor. Just leave now and save us all from your destruction.

Stop crying and grow a sack, you caused it and now you try to blame others for it.

Just leave, move to Chicago you'll be right at home there.

I cannot serve nor can I lead by fear,” (Scott) Rigell says. “At some point, I will be making my last ride home from Washington. I don’t know when that will be but I have got to know that I’ve done all I could to get this country on the right path.” This is the modest goal of a modest man stuck in a system that punishes common sense.

-National Journal, April 4, 2013

• Like 2

U.S. Senators return to Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.

The show-down battle over our gun rights is upon us -- things are heating up RIGHT NOW!

NAGR staff has been dispatched to Capitol Hill to deliver million of petitions OPPOSING gun control.

And hundreds of thousands of EMERGENCY Fax Petitions signed by NAGR members yesterday are beginning to light up fax machines in Senate offices today.

If you've already signed your EMERGENCY Fax Petition urging your U.S. Senators to OPPOSE the motion to proceed on S. 649 and SUPPORT the Rand Paul-led filibuster -- Thank you!

But if we're going to win this fight, it's vital every friend and family member you know who supports our Second Amendment rights also signs their EMERGENCY Fax Petition.

Please click here to forward the petition.

But if you have yet to sign your EMERGENCY Fax Petition, please click here to do so right now.

Dudley has laid out in plain terms the onslaught gun owners are facing -- please read his analysis below.

-- Ashley R

Subject: ANOTHER gun control "deal" in the works
  • Like 1

I would like to take a moment to apologize to the entire nation in advance. I am really sorry that Virginia will vote your God given rights away, as we have two Godless communist senators. I am certain that God will forgive them, but we don't have too...vote them out Mark Warner and Tim Kaine.

• Like 2

Honorable Senator,

I strongly urge you to reject each and every attempt to limit my rights, protected by the Constitution and 2nd Amendment, including newest The Firearm Risk Protection Act, pushed by Rep. Carolyn Maloney and seven co-sponsors.

Please, also oppose universal background checks.

I look forward to hear your position on above.

God Bless.

• Like 1

I got a little nasty out of frustration. here's today's letter:

Please all gun control issues and bills that contain language which affects the same.
Specifically, if it contains language to ban weapons, limit weapon access, ban ammunition, limit ammunition access, register firearms, register magazines, register ammunition, ban the same, create a record of any sort, require insurance or other tax on firearms/ammunition/accessories thereto, or otherwise infringe on our rights under the second amendment, I should not have to tell you this, but OPPOSE it!
I encourage you to join Senator Rand Paul's opposition to the motion to proceed on any of these issues, support any filibuster thereto, and look to Senator Paul for guidance, as apparently, from reading your responses to me, you need some.
Also, I note S.649 is filled with language to infringe on my rights. If you want secure schools, use common sense and put security in schools. Not only do I encourage it, but I would pay more taxes for it!
  • Like 1

I sent this one to Toomey.

We are sorely disappointed that you are conspiring to sell-out law-abiding Citizen gun owners, and encourage you to support Rand Paul's pro-gun filibuster instead.

Remember your Oath of Office.

YOUR vote determines OUR vote when it's time for your re-election in 2016. Don't shoot yourself in the foot. Stand with US. Stand with America AGAINST gun control.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 2

No time to kick back.
Keeping in mind leaked DOJ Memo, confirming what we already knew (the Administration goal of disarming America through confiscation; see it here if missed), contact your Representatives RIGHT NOW!

-----------------

Dear Fellow Patriot,

Barack Obama's point man in the U.S. Senate -- Harry Reid -- launches the gun-grabbers' war on your gun rights next week on the floor of the U.S. Senate.

Thats why I'm asking you to fill out your special Emergency Fax Petition INSISTING your U.S. Senators oppose the motion to proceed on S. 649 -- Harry Reid's gun control bill -- and SUPPORT the Paul, Cruz and Lee filibuster.

Please submit your FREE Emergency Fax Petition authorization below RIGHT NOW!

http://nagr.org/emergency_fax_petition.aspx?pid=4a&r=10

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

^^^ doing this as I write.

... and I am going to give myself a pass for tomorrow. I need to get my head out of the fight for a bit. It weighs heavily to be in the right, yet treated like a criminal.

• Like 1

EMERGENCY !

NAGR_email.gif

Dear Patriot,

For the past several hours, I’ve been feverishly working Senate phone lines.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is preparing to break through Senator Rand Paul’s filibuster as early as Wednesday afternoon, convinced pro-gun Republicans will run for the hills at the first sign of a fight.

Without your IMMEDIATE action, I’m afraid he just may be right.

That’s why it’s absolutely vital you sign your Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY.
My staff has delivered 192,673 Emergency Fax Petitions to U.S. Senate offices in just the last 72 hours.

If you have already signed your petition, please forward the Emergency Fax Petition to everyone you know and ask them to take action.

You see, as of right now, one dozen Senators have pledged to join Senator Paul’s filibuster.
That means you and I need to pressure 28 other Senators to stave off Senate Majority Leader Reid’s scheme.
Other Senators are cowering in the shadows and riding the fence.

But there’s a handful who are conspiring to hand President Obama everything he wants.

In fact, the message Senator John McCain delivered yesterday on CBS’ Face the Nation was crystal clear to anyone listening, saying “I don’t understand” why Senator Paul was filibustering the motion to proceed to debate.

Senator McCain’s underlying message was as hard to miss as it was outrageous . . .
“Senate Republicans should trust President Obama and Harry Reid.”

Anyone with half a brain and a shred of concern for our Second Amendment rights should see why this would be a horrible strategy to allow Harry Reid to bring ANY gun bill to the floor.

In fact, just this past Friday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid laid his strategy bare in a radio interview on Nevada Public Radio, saying:*** “We’re going to do something on background checks [NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION].”
*** “We’re going to take a look at the size of clips or magazines.”
*** “And when it’s all over, we’re going to have votes on [the Feinstein Gun Ban].”

That’s why it’s absolutely vital you sign your Emergency Fax Petition IMMEDIATELY!

• Like 1

Sign the "Stand with Rand" Petition
To both of your U.S. Senators

I stand with Rand in opposition to any gun control legislation or vehicles for the same, any so-called immigration reform that does not start with real, verifiable and permanent border control, and any other government powergrabs or tax hikes.

Whereas: The Big Government crowd in Washington is going all-out to destroy our God-given right to keep and bear arms, pass so-called "immigration reform" without border security, and further intrude on the personal and economic liberties of the American people; and
Whereas: So-called "expanded background checks," fictitious gun "trafficking" legislation and "mental health screenings" for gun owners are all designed to help further gut our Second Amendment freedoms; and
Whereas: Our nation's unsecured borders jeopardize our national security and allow millions of ILLEGAL immigrants into this country, where they currently live under de facto amnesty; and
Whereas: High taxes and excessive regulations do nothing but stifle economic growth and hurt our already-struggling economy.
Therefore: I urge you to Stand with Rand to protect the Second Amendment, our nation's borders, and the American people against government intrusions on their rights and property.

http://www.rand-2016.com/fil.aspx?pid=0408

• Like 1

Probably not quite what some would say or as word-smithed as I could have, but here is what I sent today... Thune is good, but Johnson isn't running again and will likely follow the liberal directives...

Dear Senators Thune and Johnson,
I would like to voice my concerns related to the national debate on “gun control”. I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment as our Forefathers intended, and I am very concerned with many of the recent proposals that seek to place additional restrictions on our Second Amendment Rights.
As you will see below, gun owners have given up MANY things over the last 111 years while receiving NOTHING in return. Gun control advocates are relentless in their pursuit to remove guns from society. They currently claim that none of their proposed legislation will “take guns form anyone”. However, history has shown that while they are not taking anything away today, they are incrementally taking them away over time. Nothing that has been proposed by gun control advocates has made society safer; in fact, their proposals have made it less safe with the most notable items being “gun-free zones” and the reduction of secure mental health institutions.
While I believe that “universal background checks” will not solve any problems, I would like to see some additional compromises made in the form of amendments to any proposed legislation.
1. Remove the NFA tax stamp requirement for short barrel shotguns and rifles. Both are better suited for defending a person’s home and the current process for legally obtaining and possessing either is highly restrictive and burdensome on both the BATFE and citizens. Following Vice-President Biden’s advice to by a shotgun is all well and good, but trying to maneuver a 26-28” barrel around doors and in hallways is very difficult. An 8-12” short barrel shotgun is much easier to use for home defense than a standard length shotgun.
2. Remove the NFA tax stamp requirement for suppressors. Suppressors are practical for varmint shooting, protecting hearing in gun ranges and for use when defending inside ones home as in a home invasion you have little time to don hearing protection. Additionally, suppressors are legal in many states for hunting and the current process for obtaining and possessing them is highly restrictive and burdensome on both the BATFE and citizens.
3. Remove the NFA tax stamp requirement for fully automatic weapons and remove the manufacture and import bans on fully automatic weapons. If we are forced to have “universal background checks”, everyone that passes should be responsible enough to own and lawfully use fully automatic weapons.
4. Remove the “sporting purpose” import restriction found in the Gun Control Act of 1968. Again, if we are forced to have “universal background checks”, everyone that passes should be responsible enough to own and lawfully use non-sporting purpose firearms. It is a restriction that is basically meaningless as many firearms that are made to meet the sporting purpose requirements are converted back to their original state once they have entered the country anyway. The only stipulation is that enough foreign parts be replaced with American made parts to qualify it as being made in America. This happens both at a distributor/manufacturer level as well as at a personal level. It is so easy to meet the requirements that the law is meaningless and just adds cost for the end user.
I strongly urge you to oppose any further erosion of our Second Amendment rights and to restore some of the rights that have already been stolen from American Citizens.
I think we all agree that firearms should be kept out of the hand of felons and the adjudicated mentally ill. I strongly feel that mental health services need to be strengthened (including institutionalization), current laws need to be properly enforced (and in some cases reviewed for applicability and Constitutionality), and the NCIS database should be properly populated with data from all states including mental health blocks. Mental health blocks should be adjudicated and appealable by citizens and removed by the court once their physician deems they are in good mental health.
There are those that argue that we need to have limits on the Second Amendment just like we have on the First Amendment. I believe that is a false argument and a fallacy. Take the example of child pornography. Is that really a limit on the First Amendment. No. The prohibition on child porn exists because the child’s rights are being exploited and victimizing the child. It is the act of creating child porn that creates the victim and as such, those that create it and possess it are injuring children. “Normal” pornography is protected under the First Amendment as the individuals involved are consenting adults. Are their truly any restrictions on the First Amendment? I would challenge you to find even one such restriction. The laws in place are there to delineate penalties in the event that someone is injured from a legal perspective. They are not there to put restrictions on free speech.
Similarly, we have laws in place that prescribe penalties when firearms are misused. They are not construed as restrictions on the Second Amendment because when firearms are misused, people are injured. We have laws regarding murder, unlawful discharge, and “menacing”/aggravated assault. These are reasonable laws as they provide penalties but not restrictions. Gun control laws seek to impose restrictions where no one has been victimized and even more egregiously, presume that people that possess firearms, certain types of firearms, or firearms with certain characteristics will injure someone. In short, gun control laws impose penalties where no one has been injured. Gun control laws are akin to restricting ink, paper or electronic devices as someone “could” injure someone with them. These types of presumptive laws are unacceptable in American law if we wish to stick to “innocent until proven guilty”.
I would like to close with the following narrative. I think is succinctly shows the history and slow erosion of our Second Amendment rights. I do not know who the author is, but I think he or she hit the nail on the head.
“Let’s say I have this cake. It is a very nice cake, with “GUN RIGHTS” written across the top in lovely floral icing. I received it from the 2nd amendment and the Dick act of 1902.
Along you come and say, “Give me that cake.” I say, “No, it’s my cake.” You say, “Let’s compromise. Give me half.” I respond by asking what I get out of this compromise, and you reply that I get to keep half of my cake. Okay, we compromise. Let us call this compromise The National Firearms Act of 1934.
There I am with my half of the cake, and you walk back up and say, “Give me that cake.” I say, “No, it’s my cake.” You say, “Let’s compromise.” What do I get out of this compromise? Why, I get to keep half of what’s left of the cake I already own.
So, we have your compromise — let us call this one the Gun Control Act of 1968 — and I’m left holding what is now just a quarter of my cake. And I’m sitting in the corner with my quarter piece of cake, and here you come again. You want my cake. Again.
So, we have your compromise -- let us call this one the Machine gun ban of 1986 -- and I'm left holding what is now just an eighth of my cake. I sit back in the corner with just my eighth of cake that I once owned outright and completely, I glance up and here you come once more.
You say nothing and just grab my cake; This time you take several bites — we’ll call this compromise the Clinton Executive Orders — and I’m left with about a tenth of what has always been MY DAMN CAKE and you’ve got nine-tenths of it.
Then we compromised with the Lautenberg Act (nibble, nibble), the HUD/Smith and Wesson agreement (nibble, nibble), the Brady Law (NOM NOM NOM), the School Safety and Law Enforcement Improvement Act (sweet tap-dancing Freyja, my finger!)
I’m left holding crumbs of what was once a large and satisfying cake, and you’re standing there with most of MY CAKE, making anime eyes and whining about being “reasonable”, and wondering “why we won’t compromise”.
I’m done with being reasonable, and I’m done with compromise. Nothing about gun control in this country has ever been “reasonable” nor a genuine “compromise”.” - Author Unknown
Sincerely,
me
CC:
President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, Senator John Thune, Senator Tim Johnson, Representative Kristi Noem, Senator Rand Paul, Senator Mike Lee, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Jim Inhofe, Senator Richard Burr, Senator Ron Johnson, Senator Mike Enzi, Senator Jim Risch, Senator Mike Crapo, Senator Dan Coats, Senator Pat Roberts, Senator Pat Toomey, Senator Joe Manchin, Senator John McCain, Senator Lindsey Graham, Senator Marco Rubio, Senator Jerry Moran, Senator Harry Reid, Senator Tom Coburn
  • Like 2

Letter to US Senator Hagan (D-NC), who is on the fence with Rand Paul's filibuster (followed by the call to DC office):

"Honorable Senator Hagan,

I urge you to support Senator Paul's filibuster and stand for the Rights of Law Abiding Citizens.
Do not abandon us, while siding with anti-Constitutional power abusers and usurpations, led by our President and VP.
We The People request you follow the Oath you took and The Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment TO THE LETTER.
God Bless you, Senator, in your fight for the Rights and Freedoms of your Constituents, our State and the Republic."
  • Like 1

Sent out to both Marco R. and Bill N. of Florida again today.

Figure Bill’s a waste of time but oh well maybe reading the email will interrupt his playing sticky finger with Diana Franknstink.

You can lead a horses ass to water but you can’t make’m think.

• Like 2

Untitled-1.png

Dear Patriot,

I just finished a meeting with my Republican colleagues, and I am very concerned how many of them might be wavering in their support for the Second amendment and against Harry Reid's gun control scheme.

And time is running out for you and me to shore up the support of every freedom-loving U.S. Senator.
I have taken a stand, but I need more Senators to join me.

Will you take a simple action today to make sure that happens and call both of your U.S. Senators?

Even if they have previously supported the Second Amendment. Even if you have previously called them.
In fact, even if they signed the letter supporting my filibuster on gun control, I urge you to call them to make sure they are standing strong.

(202) 224-3121

I'm truly fearful.
If we don't stop the motion to proceed to debate, then Harry Reid can pass any gun control bill he wants with a simple majority!

And some Republican Senators are waffling even as Harry Reid is threatening this fight as early as tomorrow morning!
If we don't solidify the opposition, then we will likely see some sort of gun control very soon.

That's why it's VITAL you call both your U.S. Senators and insist they stand with me in opposition to the motion to proceed and ANY gun control legislation.

(202) 224-3121

We can stop gun control before it starts, but only if YOU take action TODAY.

In Liberty,
rand_sig.png
Senator Rand Paul

• Like 1

Thanks for your letters, those who put them down, above. Its always good for getting new angles or just being lazy when you dont have time, so you can cut and paste.

Here is my letter to Sen. Tim Kaine (who recently stated he will support all these bills).

Please oppose all bills containing language which restricts/prohibits/bans any firearm, ammunition, or related equipment.
I am aware that you have recently stated that you will vote for all gun bans and other restrictions. However, I am writing because it hasn't happened yet, and I hope to sway your mind.
For the past few months I have been writing day after day telling you that such bills are not "common sense" as has been labelled by the President, but are actually just a gun grab.
I have told you over and over that banning firearms does will not get rid of gun crime. Here is a Department of Justice memo which evidences that gun crime rises when guns are banned, being THREE times higher than that of the countries with the highest level of gun ownership, in Europe (perhaps the closest lifestyle comparison to the US, and very fitting). In the same memo it is also noted that there is no expectation of any serious change in the level of deaths by firearms. http://redflagnews.com/headlines/doj-memo-outlaw-and-confiscate-all-guns
I have also told you over and over that the tools is not the causative agent (this is common sense), and the problem is the person being crazy or criminal (again, common sense). I have told you over and over that removing a type of firearm, or all firearms will not solve these mass killings. Here we have a recent attack of just the sort I have repeatedly told you about, with a knife, and a small one, which was used to wound at least 14 people, and at least 2 are in critical condition as of the writing. Imagine if these people had used hammers or machetes like in china? Here is the link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/10/at-least-14-reportedly-stabbed-on-lone-star-college-campus/
Now, I ask, how can you justify any stance to ban or restrict guns in light of this proof of my common sense being proven.
It is clear that what is happening here is a gun ban. I am aware that you have almost 6 more years until you are up for election again, but eventually you will be up for reelection. Please ask yourself if you want to be remember ed for attempting to grab everyone's right to self-defense, and a Senator who did not represent his public, or do you want to be remembered for being the Senator who did the right thing, despite pressure to do otherwise?
Please stand up and oppose these ridiculous laws, and back Rand Paul and his planned filibuster of the motion to proceed on all of these second amendment attacks.
  • Like 1