"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

Sent my letters today. I formulated a state-specific letter, which I thought i'd share. Seems pretty good, nut i'd always invite further thoughts.

Dear Senator and Representative:

I'm writing again to stress my wish that you do not support any sort of weapons ban, weapon accessory ban, or the registration of any of these.

Instead, I ask that you support security programs within our schools to act as a deterrent which would be much more effective against not only a specific type of firearm, but also any type of weapon, such as the knives and hammers used in the Chinese school attacks by similar people.

In addition I would ask that you support mental health checks and full criminal checks as well as reporting of both when performing NCIS investigations. Still further I would ask that you support an Internet-based screening process that could be performed by anyone with a computer.

It is a truism that the statement " guns do not kill people, people kill people". Therefore I see no logic in the thought that banning only one specific type of gun would stop future attacks. In fact by banning all guns, it is simply a change in tools to affect the same results.

Lastly I would note that the US Supreme Court has already provided plenty of holding as well as dicta that the firearms most protected by the Second Amendment are military type firearms. Therefore allowing any type of ban to pass would only take the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, who are the people you most wish to be armed for the intended purpose of the Second Amendment, which is to protect oneself, family and, property, as well as most specifically, tyranny on the part of our government. In fact, it can be argued that the state must be MORE supportive of the rights to keep and bear arms than the federal government must be, because it was the idea of our founders that the tyranny of the federal government must be answered by the militia as organized by the state and local government. Therefore any such bans are as much a castigation of states rights as that of the individual. In essence my argument is that you are not only hurting the individuals of the state of Virginia but you are hurting the state of Virginia as well as yourselves if you should allow any such restrictions to pass.

• Like 1
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

I send a few every day.

Sent his today

The Presidents news conference 1/16/2013

I was able to listen, as a HUSBAND, FATHER,
A TRUE BELIEVER IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT, a TAX
PAYER, and a FIREARM owner.
All He did was show me just how bad He wants to disarm the American people.
Firearm owners do not do harm with their
firearms, we protect our family's and our
country.
The 2nd was written to HAVE us defend our self's and our country.(yes we HAVE to)
For the government to even talk of anything to limit in ANY WAY, our GOD GIVEN RIGHT, to
defend our self's our family's and our country is, NOT ALLOWED, PERIOD!!!
"SHALE NOT BE INFRINGED" means a LOT to me, and should mean a LOT to you.
As you swore an OATH to defend these RIGHTS,
I expect you to do the job, as WE elected
you, WE can elect someone else that will do as "WE THE PEOPLE" want you to.

Yes, thank you MUCH.

Get them outgoing e-mails out, everyday.

If you want to post what you send that is OK, as I will steal them to send to mine.

All I want is a "yes I did"

from everyone everyday!

Found ya! I sent them friday and today.

I have to say, I enjoy reading everyones letters, they are a great resource for different ways to write my future letters.

Thanks everyone, nd keep up the letters. Complacency will only yield failure, because the greedy always want more, and the good lose their vigilance due to prosperity.

Send those letters, even if its the same letter, every day. I'd think fresh letters have more impct, but send something!

• Like 1
Thread moved to "General Discussion" section for additional exposure.

Thank you, Sir!

So, can I tell how I really feel now?

Seriously, it's nice to know we're in the "same boat", fighting the same enemies and preserving the same values.

And doing it in the open, while engaging much wider audience of supporters: PRICELESS!

God Bless America!

Now, all aboard!

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1

Letters sent today.

I included in my letter today that since this Inauguration Day, they should be reminded to Uphold the Oath they just took to Defend and Uphold our Constitution!

Yeah, I doubt that will have much effect, but as they say, it looks good on paper. ;)

• Like 2

Done! KISS-ed it today.

Guns do not kill people, people kill people.

Please focus your efforts on mental health and school security measures/school deterrence measures.

Use a common sense approach, instead of fear-based, illogical laws, which are by needs illegal under the second amendment.

Robert M. Kelly

• Like 2

I'm very leery of the whole 'mental health' aspect here. Unlike many other health issues this one relies on 'professional' opinion for the most part and there are those who believe if you are a strong Gun Rights proponent and believe in the 2nd Amendment you are mentally unstable, anti-social and paranoid.

I'm not saying it should not be addressed in any way, just that there should be a lot of emphasis put on safe guarding against abuse and sane people being labeled in ways that will cause them huge problems.

Gun Grabbers believe in achieving their goals by any means necessary and if they can't get it done in a straight forward, honest way they'll have no problem trying to come in the back door.

• Like 2

Another, URGENT "boost"...

Emergency Second Amendment Protection Directive To Your Congressman and Senators:

http://www.nagr.org/FeinsteinGunBan_Petition.aspx?pid=sb08

Dear fellow American,

If we’re going to defeat Feinstein's Gun Ban, gun owners have to turn the heat up on Congress now before it’s too late!

Please sign your Emergency Second Amendment Protection Directive and put yourself squarely on the record AGAINST Feinstein's Gun Ban.

For Freedom,
rand_sig.png
Rand Paul
U.S. Senator (R-KY)

Emergency Second Amendment Protection Directive
To my Congressman and Senators

Whereas: Dianne Feinstein is doing everything she can to use the tragedy in Connecticut as an excuse to force gun control on the American people; and
Whereas: By definition, criminals don’t obey laws and new gun control laws make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families; and
Whereas: The Second Amendment clearly states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Whereas: Second Amendment supporters like myself strongly oppose – and will be paying close attention to any Member of Congress who votes for – new unconstitutional gun control schemes;
Therefore: As your constituent, I INSIST you oppose any and all new gun control schemes.
Please submit the information below to sign the petition.
Copies will be sent to your congressman and senators.

Sign here:

http://www.nagr.org/FeinsteinGunBan_Petition.aspx?pid=sb08

• Like 1

I just sent McConnell this letter:

Stop negotiating with Harry Reid to gut or weaken the filibuster. If you cave in to Harry Reid’s pressure and gut the filibuster, Big Labor will be able to ram their entire agenda into law.

Card Check Forced Unionism. Police/Firefighter Monopoly Bargaining. Big Labor’s lackeys in charge of entire federal departments.

Without the filibuster, Big Labor's allies could be just one election away from repealing Section 14(B) of the Taft-Hartley Act – GUTTING state Right to Work laws nationwide.

Imagine the horror if Big Labor gained control over every state in the entire country - giving them the power to force virtually every working man and woman in America to pay up or be fired.

And all because the Republican leadership (that's YOU!) in the Senate refused to stand up and beat back Harry Reid's attempt to gut the filibuster.

80% of the American people oppose forced unionism, and We, the People, demand you not hand over total control of Congress to the Big Labor bosses.

I remind you, you have to face the voters again in two years.

We will be watching.

Here's his contact info:

http://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=ContactForm

• Like 2

BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH

until they give in just to shut us the hell up!

• Like 1

Dear Senator Graham,

Please do not allow the Democrats to remove one of the only tools available to the minority for stopping their full scale assault on the 2nd Amendment and other Conservative causes.

Vote NO on Filibuster Reform.

And don't forget, we're watching.

• Like 1

From Rand Paul:

It is absolutely vital that you call both of your U.S. Senators at the number below and demand they vote NO on filibuster reform.

(202) 224-3121

And please forward this message to everyone you know and ask them to help us fight this battle.

The fate of the Feinstein Gun Ban - and the rest of President Obama's radical Big Government agenda - could be decided as soon as tomorrow.

That's when the fight over Harry Reid's scheme to SHUT UP all opposition by weakening the U.S. Senate filibuster is scheduled to take place.

Should Harry Reid and his allies succeed, Obama will have virtually free reign to run roughshod over the United States Senate, setting the stage for even more radical assaults on our liberties.

This fight is simply too important to lose.

So please call both of your U.S. Senators and demand they vote NO on filibuster reform.

• Like 1
From Rand Paul:

It is absolutely vital that you call both of your U.S. Senators at the number below and demand they vote NO on filibuster reform.

(202) 224-3121

And please forward this message to everyone you know and ask them to help us fight this battle.

The fate of the Feinstein Gun Ban - and the rest of President Obama's radical Big Government agenda - could be decided as soon as tomorrow.

That's when the fight over Harry Reid's scheme to SHUT UP all opposition by weakening the U.S. Senate filibuster is scheduled to take place.

Should Harry Reid and his allies succeed, Obama will have virtually free reign to run roughshod over the United States Senate, setting the stage for even more radical assaults on our liberties.

This fight is simply too important to lose.

So please call both of your U.S. Senators and demand they vote NO on filibuster reform.

Dear Senator Graham,

Please do not allow the Democrats to remove one of the only tools available to the minority for stopping their full scale assault on the 2nd Amendment and other Conservative causes.

Vote NO on Filibuster Reform.

And don't forget, we're watching.

Just did both, thanks for posting!!!

WE HAVE TO STAND AS ONE

• Like 1

Done again, added a set to stop any filibuster rule changes for my senators, and penned this letter to my Sheriff

Dear Sheriff Harris:

I am writing to encourage you to pen a declaration disallowing any enforcement of possible laws trampling our second amendment rights. I am sure you know of the several letters already drafted to our President, and I fully encourage you stand up for us in this by similar letter(s).

Also, whether you agree or not, I would like to know your opinion on these issues.

All the Best

Me

• Like 1

Yep!

A day started with letters to reps is going to be a good day.

And while on topic, here is another petition against national registry, driven by Gun Owners of America:

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62342556

Will the U.S. Follow Germany's Example?

The country that invented Nazism sets up national gun registry
Something very instructive just happened in Germany.
Germany just implemented "a vast registry that details every legal gun owner in the country, along with information about all of their firearms."
They did this, based on records that, in some cases, "were kept on index cards across what used to be 551 separate local registries."
Thus, with everyone's name already on an index card (read: 4473 forms) in what was effectively a "universal background check," it was a small step to a national gun registry.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62342556

• Like 1