"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

Either of Your Senators Could Determine Whether Anti-gun Loretta Lynch Gets Confirmed

ACTION:  Contact your two Senators.  Urge them to commit to you to be THE SENATOR who will challenge any ruling of the chair allowing Lynch to pass on the basis of fewer than 60 votes.

Last chance to defeat Lynch; Senate vote coming soon!

Your Senators can determine whether Schumer-protégé and anti-gun loon Loretta Lynch is confirmed as Attorney General of the United States.

They can determine whether Lynch will be given the opportunity to use her position to ban semi-autos by executive fiat.

They can determine whether Lynch becomes the fifth-antigun-vote-in-waiting for the Supreme Court -- poised to overturn Heller and McDonald when Antonin Scalia's or Anthony Kennedy's seat becomes vacant.

And, they can determine whether the lawless Obama and his chorus of anti-gun press acolytes does another victory dance over the lifeless corpse of the increasingly feckless Senate GOP.

Why does it come down to your two Senators?  Because any Senator can determine whether the Senate votes on whether to abide by its rules requiring 60 votes to break a filibuster of Lynch.

And Lynch does not have 60 votes.

Here's the deal:  Rule XXII of the Standing Rules of the Senate requires 60 votes to break the expected filibuster of the Lynch nomination.

Now, former Majority Leader Harry Reid has, repeatedly, scheduled fraudulent votes where the Senate "passed" nominees who didn't have 60 votes.  This fraudulent maneuver, called "the nuclear option," was nothing but a cheat-scheme.

But here's the problem:  You can race your car up and down at 80 miles an hour as many times as you want.  But that doesn't mean the speed limit goes away -- just because you violate it.

Similarly, the Senate rules requiring 60 votes for Lynch have not disappeared, simply because the lawless Harry Reid has repeated spat on them.

But the Senate rules are not going to enforce themselves.  We need either one of your U.S. Senators to challenge any unlawful ruling by the Senate president that claims to shut down a filibuster of Lynch with fewer than the required 60 votes.

And they may be the only ones who are willing to do that.  But, if they do, our bet is that not a whole lot of Republicans are willing to re-affirm Reid's vile nuclear precedent -- and, in the process, cast the deciding votes to confirm the hated and anti-gun Lynch.

ACTION:  Contact your two SenatorsUrge them to commit to you to be THE SENATOR who will challenge any ruling of the chair allowing Lynch to pass on the basis of fewer than 60 votes.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

Secret Bill Could Contain a Myriad of Gun Restrictions, Ammo Bans!

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?1&engagementId=98514&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxceLgRM0P9w6moygMQGLrorSeObS8DWwbVX_AA9oLXfccjrifRzEGbSkBDg5xMMh-vUibVaoafHcvjKoIByNYqMbEfKJARqUfUDtDL-uTqRU&lp=0

or click on LINK HERE

Gun import bans ... Microstamping of firearms ... Ammunition bans ... The full implementation of the anti-gun UN Arms Trade Treaty ... Illegal amnesty which locks in millions of new, anti-gun voters.

This anti-gun wish list could be part of the secret trade agreement that President Obama is getting ready to spring on the Congress.

This trade pact is called “fast track,” and what it means is that Obama can write any form of gun control he chooses into a trade agreement -- import bans, amnesty, etc.

The fast track authority being granted to Obama and his successor for the next six years applies to whatever type of trade negotiation Obama chooses to enter into. 

So, if he can write the UN Arms Trade Treaty into a trade agreement, then it can't be filibustered or amended or prevented from consideration.

Contact your Senators -- no matter whether they are conservative or liberal.  Urge them to vote against the anti-gun fast track bill (S. 995). 

Click here to sign the petition

• Like 1
Sgt. Raven

I started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going.

I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has.

I have not posted to it in a good bit, but rest assured I have been hounding my state and

US reps each and every week.

• Like 5

Sgt. Raven

I started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going.

I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has.

I have not posted to it in a good bit, but rest assured I have been hounding my state and

US reps each and every week.

Thank you for starting this thread and thanks to anyone who's contributing, reading, responding, taking action, and standing for our Freedoms.

I have been fortunate to see parts of the world, where Right and Freedoms which we take for granted and are STILL being guaranteed by our Constitution were taken away for once or deteriorated over time, and the resulted various forms of usurpation and abuse by out of control governments.

Therefore, no mercy to tyrants!

Fight, fight, and fight. Never quit, never give up. Freedom is not free and is not being awarded or handed down by decree. It's been fought for and being relentlessly defended from the "enemies foreign and domestic".

Fight until the last man standing. Reload on last tango down.

Going back on original topic:

Shaneen Allen Reminds Us Why We Need Concealed Carry Reciprocity

ACTION Click here to urge your Representative and Senators to cosponsor legislation establishing concealed carry reciprocity.  Even if they’ve cosponsored other similar bills, they need to cosponsor the Cornyn-Stutzman legislation because it’s the ONLY one that protects citizens from Constitutional Carry states.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity is Desperately Needed

Remember Shaneen Allen?  She was the Philadelphia mother of two who was arrested for having a gun in her car while in New Jersey.

Despite being a permit holder in Pennsylvania, she was run through “legal hell” because New Jersey refuses reciprocity with its neighboring state.

She was finally given a full pardon by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie last month, but her arrest record has kept her from working for two years. 

She has paid a high price for exercising her right to keep and bear arms.

Only Cornyn & Stutzman protect Constitutional Carry States

Shaneen’s story highlights why we need the Cornyn-Stutzman reciprocity bill, and why we need to protect the right of Americans to carry from one state into another.

There are other reciprocity bills in the Congress, but ONLY the Cornyn-Stutzman reciprocity bills (S. 498 & H.R. 923) would allow Americans from CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY states to tote firearms nationally without any permit.

To adopt any other legislation would discourage states from adopting their own permitless carry laws.  Thankfully, Constitutional Carry is on the move -- with the Kansas Governor being the most recent one to sign GOA-backed legislation (in April).

But Congress should not pass legislation that discourages other states from emulating what Kansas just did.

No National Permits!

To be clear, the Cornyn-Stutzman legislation does NOT create a “national permit” or “national registration” scheme, as some have mistakenly alleged. 

To the contrary, this legislation ENCOURAGES states to pass constitutional carry laws which will recognize the right of citizens to carry WITHOUT permits or licenses.

Think about it: The prospects of allowing Alaskans or Arizonans to carry in New York City -- or anywhere else they want -- without a permit is one of the most effective advancements for Second Amendment values which we could enact.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity is Constitutional

Some have wondered if reciprocity legislation would serve as a Trojan Horse bill which allows the federal government to sneak in additional gun control restrictions.

Absolutely not!  Does anyone really think Chuck Schumer needs a pro-gun bill to try and advance his gun control agenda?

To the contrary, the only “Trojan Horse” with this bill will be the Americans (from constitutional carry states) who can carry, without a permit, in other states where the local citizens have been stripped of their Second Amendment rights (as in New York City). 

Ultimately, the “locals” in these anti-gun jurisdictions are going to look around and ask themselves “Why can that guy (from out-of-state) protect his family, and not me?”

We are the ones with the Constitution and the law on our side.  That much was made clear by the McDonald v. Chicago decision in 2010, when the Supreme Court stated Congress does have power, under the 14th Amendment, to protect American citizens who are having their gun rights violated by states and localities.

Help GOA pass Constitutional carry. 

ACTION:  Urge your Representative and Senators to cosponsor legislation establishing concealed carry reciprocity (S. 498 & H.R. 923).  Even if they’ve cosponsored other similar bills, they need to cosponsor the Cornyn-Stutzman legislation because it’s the ONLY one that protects citizens from Constitutional Carry states.

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Keep going guys,

Never give up; never surrender!

May 27, 2015

Mr. XXXX

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Obama administration's policies. As President Obama stated last October, "make no mistake: These policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them." The American people voted, and his policies were defeated.

I share your frustration with the underhanded tactics created by the current administration.  There are a number of actions that President Obama has taken that are very troubling.  He has taken a profoundly flawed position on a number of issues and has shown he is willing to circumvent Congress to achieve his goals. However, I have faith that our great nation will prevail from these trying times and rise once again to be greater than ever.  Please know that I believe our president is taking this country in the wrong direction, and I will continue to fight for proper implementation of the Constitution and limited government.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me on this matter. I look forward to communicating with you in the future as I serve the people of the Second District of North Carolina.  If you would be interested in receiving my e-newsletter, or for other information, please visit my website at www.ellmers.house.gov to sign up or contact me.

Sincerely,

Renee Ellmers
Member of Congress

Tell Senator McConnell “Enough is Enough!”

“There are more than a few voters back home that are asking ‘what exactly is the difference between a Democratic and Republican majority when the exact same individual gets confirmed as Attorney General, promising the exact same lawlessness, what’s the difference?’” -- Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)

ACTION: Copy-n-paste the pre-written letter below -- and then click here to email Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. By doing so, you will express your disappointment with his leadership and demand that he take immediate action to safeguard Second Amendment rights. Also, GOA members should take note of a special message for them at the bottom of this alert.

Gun Owners Betrayed: Congress Needs a Wake-up Call Right Now

Not too long ago, the Pew Research Center released a major study showing how Americans feel about gun rights vs gun control. And the results are sending shockwaves through the liberal media:

* FIFTY-TWO percent of respondents see gun rights as more important than gun control, up from 45 percent!

* FIFTY-SEVEN percent of respondents said guns help prevent becoming a victim of crime, up from 48 percent!

Andrew Kohut, founding director of Pew Research Center, says that: “We are at a moment when most Americans believe crime rates are rising and when most believe gun ownership — not gun control — makes people safer.”

Of course, crime rates are not rising, but that belief, says Kohut, has pushed people toward the pro-gun position. Kohut notes that, “Republicans have become far more supportive of gun rights during the Obama years.”

It would be great to be a fly on the wall in the boardrooms of the anti-gun lobbies today … especially when it was reported that these gun control organizations “outspent groups like the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) at a rate of 7 to 1” (courtesy Breitbart).

It demonstrates that American common sense has triumphed over the anti-gun lobby’s million dollar propaganda campaigns. Moreover, these pro-gun Americans aren’t just buying guns for “sporting purposes.” The shift in attitudes about firearms has been accompanied by dramatic increases in handgun sales and applications for concealed carry permits.

Sales data is showing that states like Pennsylvania, where there is a long history of buying rifles for hunting, have seen a dramatic increase in handgun sales, the type of weapon traditionally associated with self-defense.

With a majority of Americans recognizing the need for self-defense, both in and out of the home, this is the time for gun owners to demand that the new Republican-controlled Senate push hard for the passage of pro-gun bills that Harry Reid brushed aside when he was the Senate Majority Leader.

Unfortunately, the new Majority Leader seems to have forgotten what Party he represents and who it was that delivered the Senate to the Republicans. It was you and tens of millions of voting gun owners who got rid of the Democrat majority in the Senate so that, finally, both chambers of Congress could unite and get to work undoing all the problems our anti-gun, anti-American President has created.

Instead, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell stabbed gun owners in the back when he pressured the new Republican-controlled Senate to confirm the nomination of Loretta Lynch for Attorney General, even though Lynch had already stated, for the record, her anti-gun views!

Lynch, feeling invulnerable, had even admitted she favors an “assault weapons ban,” making her “Eric Holder in a skirt.”

If McConnell had tried, he could have killed her nomination. He could have continued to allow the filibuster which had successfully prevented her nomination from being voted on for several weeks. Instead, he handed Obama another anti-gun Attorney General to wage war on our freedoms.

As Sen. McConnell was getting ready to betray gun owners, Senator and Presidential candidate Ted Cruz tried to shame the Majority Leader into doing the right thing on the Senate floor, saying that there are “more than a few voters back home that are asking ‘what exactly is the difference between a Democratic and Republican majority …’”

Full text: http://gunowners.org/a20150429.htm

ACTION: Copy-n-paste the text below and then click here to email Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Excoriate him for pushing through Loretta Lynch and urge him to attach S. 498, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015, to a “must pass” bill.

Dear Senator McConnell:

This was the moment. With both chambers finally under the control of the Republican Party, this was your opportunity to defend America’s gun rights. Instead, you permitted an unabashed anti-gun nominee to become U.S. Attorney General.

It was gun owners who helped enable Republicans to win the Senate. Without them, you would still be the Minority leader. You can still show your solidarity with those 57% of all Americans who, according to the latest Pew Research poll, believe that gun ownership, not gun control, makes people safer.

S. 498, the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015, needs to be attached to a “must pass” bill so as to coincide with the passage of the House matching bill, H.R. 923. Show us that there really is a difference between a Republican and a Democrat majority!

Sincerely,

P.S. My follow-up message to McConnell and mafia. Feel free to utilize for your needs, if you wish.

Mr. Majority Leader McConnell,

Let me get straight to the point: SHAME ON YOU!
Enough is Enough! Stop caving to the Anti-Constitution and Gun Control zealots.

Your support for radical, (President) Obama's anti-gunner AG Lynch is disguisting. This is NOT what We The People demanded when gave Conservatives clean sweep across the Congress a year ago.

And GOP still seems like keep missing the message and is not getting their act right in accordance with their voters' mandate: STOP RADICAL OBAMA'S AGENDA OF DESTROYING THE CONSTITUTION AND "TRANSFORMING THE AMERICA" (into the 3rd world gutless and obedient sheeple).
Enough!
If you've missed the point, just wait for the 2016. Please keep your lifejacket handy, as RINO ship is going down.

Yours truly,
Outraged Constitutionalist.
Edited by Sgt. Raven

Tell Congress to Stop Obama Admin. Program Paying to Relocate Illegal Aliens

https://www.numbersusa.com/sendfax?refer=content%2Fmy%2Faction%2Fboard

Your Three Members of Congress

Street Address

CityState Zip

Dear (Your Three Members of Congress),

I was outraged to learn that the Obama administration is using taxpayer dollars to bring the children of illegal aliens to the United States. This simply encourages illegal immigration and I urge you to work to defund it.

First, the Obama administration encouraged the border surge and current illegal alien crisis by refusing to secure the border, preventing the enforcement of immigration laws, and then granting de facto amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. Now, they have gone one step further by using federal funds to fly the children of illegal aliens to the United States.

This program is unnecessary and an affront to the American people and the rule of law. I urge you to take steps to stop this misuse of taxpayer dollars.

Dear Fellow Patriot,

House Speaker John Boehner is unashamedly discussing moving a gun control bill of his own.

And he's saying he will "consider" anti-gun legislation that Harry Reid rams through the Senate.

Thats why it's vital gun owners crank up the heat on members of the U.S. House to OPPOSE gun control.

Sign your No Gun Control, No Deals petition to your Congressman below RIGHT NOW!

http://nagr.org/house-no-gun-ban.aspx

For Freedom,
DWBsigBlue.jpg
Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

No Gun Control, No Deals
Petition to my U.S. Congressman

Whereas:
Barack Obama is doing everything he can to ram gun control down the throats of the American people; and
Whereas:
By definition, criminals don’t obey laws and new gun control laws make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families; and
Whereas:
The Second Amendment clearly states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”; and
Whereas:
Second Amendment supporters like myself strongly oppose – and will be paying close attention to any Congressman who votes for – new unconstitutional gun control schemes; and

Therefore: As your constituent, I INSIST you OPPOSE ANY and ALL gun control legislation.

http://nagr.org/house-no-gun-ban.aspx

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Stop Obama's Planned Gag Order on Firearm-Related Speech

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150605/stop-obamas-planned-gag-order-on-firearm-related-speech

It's happening again— President Obama is using his imperial pen and telephone to curb your rights and bypass Congress through executive action.

Even as news reports have been highlighting the gun control provisions of the Administration's "Unified Agenda" of regulatory objectives (see accompanying story), the Obama State Department has been quietly moving ahead with a proposal that could censor online speech related to firearms. This latest regulatory assault, published in theJune 3 issue of the Federal Register, is as much an affront to the First Amendment as it is to the Second. Your action is urgently needed to ensure that online blogs, videos, and web forums devoted to the technical aspects of firearms and ammunition do not become subject to prior review by State Department bureaucrats before they can be published.

Time is of the essence! Public comment will be accepted on the proposed gag order until August 3, 2015. Comments may be submitted online at regulations.gov or via e-mail atDDTCPublicComments@state.gov with the subject line, ‘‘ITAR Amendment—Revisions to Definitions; Data Transmission and Storage.''

Finally, please contact your U.S. Senators and Member of Congress. Urge them to oppose the State Department's attempt to censor online speech concerning the technical aspects of firearms and ammunition. Use the "Write Your Lawmakers" feature on our website or call the Congressional Switchboard at (202) 225-3121.

P.S. My letter to Lawmakers, if it helps. Feel free to cut'n'paste or tailor it to your needs:

Good Morning,

President Obama is using his imperial pen and telephone to curb our rights and bypass Congress through executive action again.

Even as news reports have been highlighting the gun control provisions of the Administration's "Unified Agenda" of regulatory objectives (see accompanying story here: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150605/obamas-unified-agenda-of-regulatory-objectives-causes-fear-confusion), the Obama State Department has been quietly moving ahead with a proposal that could censor online speech related to firearms. 

This latest regulatory assault, published in the June 3 issue of the Federal Register, is as much an affront to the First Amendment as it is to the Second.

Your involvement is urgently needed to ensure that online blogs, videos, and web forums devoted to the technical aspects of firearms and ammunition do not become subject to prior review by State Department bureaucrats before they can be published.

I request your immediate assistance in shutting down such un-Constitutional schemes, restoring the Rule of Law, and upholding the Constitution.

Respectfully,

"Write your Lawmakers" site address: https://www.nraila.org/take-action/write-your-lawmakers/

Edited by Sgt. Raven
Obama’s First Gun-Related Action Under Loretta Lynch: 12 Anti-gun Regulatory Proposals

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/write-a-letter?1&engagementId=108416&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxBL2l1EkfWAPpHrnCi9HuqPozbWOTNFWVauJ5TKIa1rO-fv2L4cdi1LsNuB9iT7KdFRZXnPkiO2MHJPA9LCtMuHzrtct7DYnSFFU5AyWvy7k&lp=0

Last week, the Obama Administration took the first gun-related action AFTER the swearing-in of Loretta Lynch as Attorney General. The Administration is now pushing a “Unified Agenda” containing 12 proposed anti-gun regulations being planned by the Justice Department.  To summarize the deliberately vague proposals, they include:

* Expanding provisions which have already stripped constitutional rights from 200,000 law-abiding veterans;

* Ignoring statutory law, and treating trusts that hold machine guns in the same way that individual holders are treated;

* Expanding provisions which strip the ability of battered wives (or

husbands) to defend themselves from abusive spouses;

* Expanding the rights of people who came to this country illegally, which as GOA has pointed out in previous alerts, reflects the President’s apparent desire to import millions of additional anti-gun voters.

Contact your Senators to rebuke those who supported Loretta Lynch as Attorney General and to thank those who opposed her. Urge them to use the congressional “power of the purse” to remove the funding for every single one of Lynch’s new, anti-gun regulations: (LINK)

House Bill to Protect Gun Owners from Being Framed

ACTIONClick here to urge your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 2753, a bill that will protect innocent gun owners from getting railroaded by the ATF. 

Bill to rein in ATF, safeguard gun owners from “secret tests”

Last week, Rep. Jody Hice (R-GA) introduced a bill that will protect many gun owners from being framed by Obama’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

H.R. 2753, or “The Fairness in Firearms Testing Act,” would require the ATF to make a videotape of any guns they test and to make those recordings available to everyone. 

Rep. Hice -- an A+ rated freshman who was strongly supported by Gun Owners of America in his initial bid for Congress -- wants to protect gun owners from official harassment.  His bill would require the ATF to visually document (via recordings) any of its gun testings.  This is extremely important, given their controversial decisions where they’ve classified semiautomatics as full automatics.

Gun Owners of America has worked with law-abiding Americans who have been victimized by ATF’s “secret tests.”  And we are disgusted by the bureau’s refusal to release testing information which does not comport the results ATF desires.

The Obama administration claims to value transparency.  But ATF has been less than transparent when it comes to testing that affects the livelihood of thousands, the constitutional rights of millions, and the potential criminal liability of many. 

You can help by urging your Congressman to cosponsor H.R. 2753.

ACTIONPlease urge your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 2753, a bill that will protect innocent gun owners from getting railroaded by the ATF. 

More important than ever to keep our freedom of speech!  If you haven't made yourself heard about the planned muzzling of gun speech, do it!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/foghorn/obamas-proposed-changes-to-itar-regulations-might-make-gun-reviews-3d-printed-gun-diagrams-illegal/

Take a read through the proposal, and if you feel compelled to submit a comment you can do so either through this here website or by emailing DDTCPublicComments@state.gov with the subject line “ITAR Amendment—Revisions to Definitions; Data Transmission and Storage.”
  • Like 1

The President Gets it Wrong Once Again:
Guns are actually saving lives

by Erich Pratt
Gun Owners of America

Just hours after the tragic shooting in a South Carolina church, President Barack Obama resumed his fanatical war on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

“Now’s the time for mourning and for healing, but let’s be clear -- at some point we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries,” Obama said.

Really?  Has the President forgotten just some of the foreign massacres that have taken place during his presidency -- shootings that claimed far more lives than the nine which were tragically lost in South Carolina?  How about:

* The attacks from earlier this year -- which began at Charlie Hebdo in Paris and continued for 48 hours around the region -- that resulted in 17 people being murdered;

* Or the Anders Breivik murders in Norway in 2011 where 77 people were murdered -- 69 of them with firearms;

* Or the Derrick Bird shootings in Cumbria, England that left 12 people dead in 2010.

In each of these cases, the armed perpetrators ignored strict gun control laws in acquiring and carrying their weapons.

One of the biggest problems at South Carolina church is that the potential victims were disarmed by law.

In the Palmetto State, a concealed carry permit holder can carry in places of worship with permission from a church official.  Unfortunately, the pastor was an anti-gun activist.  As a state senator, the Pastor had voted against concealed carry.

But the President completely misses all of this.  He ignores the fact that this was yet another example where a massacre took place in a Gun Free Zone....

To the contrary, armed civilians have actually prevented several mass shootings from occurring -- and some of them in churches.... 

Click here to read the rest of GOA’s response to the President.

The Supreme Court is going to reach a decision on King v. Burwell by the end of the month.

If the court makes the right decision, Obama's illegal subsidies will be struck down. And some Republicans are working to save those subsidies for TWO more years. They're preparing to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Republicans need to respond to King v. Burwell by creating a bridge away from ObamaCare, not extending it.

Sign the petition to tell Congress: Don't save ObamaCare from itself!

https://dontsaveobamacare.act.freedomworks.org/?source=GBLRdontsaveocare#primary_form

• 2 weeks later...

Stop the U.N. Gun Ban

Petition to my United States Senators

Whereas:

The Obama Administration is working with the United Nations to ratify the anti-gun so-called "Small Arms Treaty;" and

Whereas: The so-called "Small Arms Treaty" – which is nothing more than gun control scheme on a GLOBAL scale – is the gun-grabbers' ultimate prize; and Whereas:

The U.N. is finalizing details of their gun ban RIGHT NOW, setting the stage for a Senate showdown; and

Whereas:

The ratification of this treaty would likely create an international gun registry, paving the way for full-scale gun confiscation; and

Therefore:

I INSIST you vote AGAINST ratification of the UN’s “Small Arms Treaty.”

http://www.nagr.org/UN_gun_petition.aspx?pid=1

Will Congress Stop the Obama Administration from Disarming our Military Veterans?

Not a GOA member yet?  You can join Gun Owners of America today for a mere $20!

We just celebrated Independence Day last week.  From that initial struggle against the British to the present day, we have honored our military veterans for their courageous sacrifice in helping keep us free. 

Sadly, many of these veterans have recently seen their courage “rewarded” with a gun ban. And this concerns all gun owners, because what is happening to veterans through the VA can happen to you someday through ObamaCare.

But the problem with military veterans is not new.  For nearly twenty years, GOA has been telling you about the anti-gun atrocities being performed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Justice Department against law-abiding veterans.

The idea was hatched during the Clinton administration. And it works like this: 

* When a veteran, as a result of a traumatic experience abroad, seeks disability benefits and/or counseling, VA moves to appoint a guardian to manage his financial affairs.

* Under illegitimate Clinton interpretations by ATF, this “inability to handle his financial affairs” would make the veteran “mentally defective” under 18 U.S.C. 922 (g) (4), and hence legally barred from owning a gun or ammunition.

You can see a copy of the letter that the VA sends to law-abiding veterans by clicking here.

Unfortunately, another gun group worked with anti-gun Senator Chuck Schumer in 2007 and 2008 to pass the Veterans Disarmament Act, which codified these unlawful actions into statutory law.

WorldNetDaily reported recently that people who live with veterans are now being ordered not to possess a gun, and some veterans are being told they can “buy back” their gun rights by forgoing their VA benefits.

In essence, the VA is saying that if veterans want to give up all of their benefits, then there are no longer grounds for going after their guns.  Gee, what a deal, right?

One veteran, who is an attorney and who has studied this problem closely, said “this is illegal and is called extortion.”

Currently, there could be as many as 200,000 military veterans who have been affected by this gun ban.  It’s time to do something about it.

In April, the House passed H.R. 2029, the Veterans Affairs funding bill.  And, in June, it passed a bill to fund the Justice Department (H.R. 2578).

Shortly, the Senate will consider funding for both of these bureaucracies.  If any Senator wants to propose it, he can use the congressional “power of the purse” and offer an amendment to “defund” the government’s ability to strip veterans of their Second Amendment rights.

We expect the House and the Senate may be tied up in an impasse over all the appropriations bills. But by getting our foot in the door, we make it easier to get this “defunding” language added to the continuing resolution which will ultimately fund the government.

ACTIONContact your Senators. Ask them to reject any Veterans Affairs or Justice Department appropriations bills which does not protect the Second Amendment rights of veterans.

NOTE:  The House passed bills are H.R. 2029 (Veterans Affairs) and H.R. 2578 (Dept. of Justice).  But please keep in mind that the Senate can either take up these bills or assign them new numbers without much prior warning.

• 2 weeks later...
A Time for Mourning -- And then time to end the military gun ban!

Contact your Representative here.

Reps. Scott DesJarlais and Duncan Hunter are going to introduce legislation soon to repeal the ban on military installations and/or recruitment centers.  So please encourage your Representative to become an original cosponsor of both of these bills!

The sad truth is that our servicemen and women are sitting ducks at every military base in the country.  How long will we allow this to continue? 

We have seen defenseless soldiers (who have been trained to use weapons) disarmed at Ft. Hood.  Twice, servicemen there were victimized.  Then there were the shootings at the Navy Yard in 2013 ... at the military recruiting center in Little Rock, Arkansas in 2009 ... plus many others, as well.

The recent shooting at the Chattanooga Naval Reserve Center will not be the last.  Terrorists will strike again -- and, most likely, they will continue to find “soft targets” where their victims are disarmed.

So please encourage your Representative to become an original cosponsor of the DesJarlais and Hunter bills.

Contact your Representative here.

Obama's Social Security Administration to Strip Millions of Americans of their Right to Keep and Bear Arms

As the L.A. Times reported over the weekend, the Social Security Administration (SSA) is currently developing a program to strip the Second Amendment Rights of over four million Americans currently receiving SSA benefits through a “representative payee.”  Not only would this amount to the largest gun grab in American history, but according to the published report, would take place without any due process protections for recipients, amounting to a nullification of Second Amendment rights for millions of Americans who don’t pose a threat to themselves or anyone else.

Are you a prohibited person? A new, unconstitutional Social Security program will add over 4 million Americans to the prohibited persons list without due process. Contact your lawmakers today. Ask if you're one of the 4 million.

Click here: http://act.nraila.org/c2Q9xku

• 2 weeks later...

Oppose Obama’s Proposal to Make Information-Sharing on Guns Illegal
​-- Today is the last day for submitting comments

Several weeks ago, GOA alerted you about the State Department’s proposed arms control regulations -- a rewrite which has been widely cited as an attempt to control gun-related speech on the Internet.

GOA believes that there is a real reason to be concerned about the implications of these regulations for gun-related Internet speech.

GOA has prepared comments for the State Department in opposition to these regulations -- comments that will be posted on the internet later.

But you can now see a detailed analysis of the regs by GOA’s Legislative Counsel here.

Bottom line:  These proposed regulations would define an arms “export” -- which would require State Department permission and substantial fee -- to potentially include any gun-related communication on the Internet or social media.

With this final keystone in place, the Obama administration would have the regulatory framework to comprehensively regulate gun-related speech in cyberspace, to whatever extent it desires.

And those who violate this restriction on Internet “speech” are in danger of facing decades in prison (up to 20 years) and massive fines (up to $1 million).

It is imperative that Americans rise up in opposition to it.  We’ve backed the President down before so that he’s pulled proposed regulations.  (Remember the proposed ban on M855 ammo?)

But if the President persists and does not withdraw these regulations -- despite the outpouring of opposition from gun owners around the nation -- then we’ll work through the Congress to repeal/defund them on the annual funding bill.

There’s a lot of work still to be done.  Please stay tuned ... and take action!

ACTION:  If you haven’t done so already, please write the State Department by going here.  Tell them that you oppose the proposed arms control regulations. You can see a proposed letter here.

Act now: http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=DOS_FRDOC_0001-3265

PETITION TO OPPOSE THE CORNYN GUN CONTROL ACT
To U.S. Senator John Cornyn and my U.S. Senators:
Whereas:

The right to keep-and-bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which clearly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed;" and,

Whereas:

The recently proposed legislation by U.S. Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) aims to expand government bureaucrats' ability to strip law-abiding gun owners of their Second Amendment rights without trial or due process; and,

Whereas:

Bringing up yet another gun control bill for a vote would only serve to open the door for gun-grabbing lawmakers to take on even more anti-gun proposals.

Therefore: As a Second Amendment supporter and patriot, I urge you to OPPOSE the "Cornyn Gun Control Act." Instead of surrendering to Barack Obama's anti-gun agenda, we should be resisting it by fighting to abolish existing unconstitutional gun controls.

https://www.nagr.org/2015/CornynGunControl-petition.aspx?pid=ro1

• 2 weeks later...
Take Action Against Obama's Plan for More UN-styled Gun Control!

Obama Wants to Tie the UN Noose Even Tighter Around the Necks of Gun Owners

Right now White House officials are booking flights to Mexico...... and they’re not bringing back souvenirs.

They’re on their way to the UN Small Arms Conference, to be held in Mexico City on August 24.

And they’re planning to bring back the framework for a global gun control regime.

It’s important that you contact your Senators right now and tell them to vote NO on any agreement reached at the Mexico UN conference.

Obama has already signed the UN Small Arms Treaty and it is waiting ratification by the Senate.

Obama’s global gun grabbers are jetting down to Mexico to iron out the details of this tyrannical new regime.

It requires signing nations to "establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list."

That means not just NATIONAL gun registration. You will be entered into a GLOBAL gun registration database.

Over the past century, we have seen registration lists used as a prelude to gun confiscation in countries like Rwanda, Cambodia and many more.

Gun confiscation, in turn, led to horrific genocides in many of these countries -- including Rwanda and Cambodia. 

Imagine dictators around the world -- who can control the UN blue helmets (aka, the UN military force) -- having your name on record as a gun owner.

It’s preposterous!  And this is why the Senate MUST kill this toxic agreement.

Please take action to defend your gun rights.

ACTIONContact your senators right now.  Tell them to vote NO on any agreement reached at the Mexico UN conference.

A response:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns with the recent International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) definition change proposed by the State Department. I appreciate your perspective on this issue and the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, ITAR was created as a part of the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (AECA) to enable the president to control the import and export of military and defense weapons and technology. The Department of Commerce also has a set of rules regarding exports, the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). On June 3rd, the State Department released a proposed change in ITAR definitions of "defense article," "defense services," "technical data," "public domain," "export," and "reexport or retransfer" in order to make them consistent with the definitions under the EAR.

Like you, many Americans have raised concerns that this definition changes would enable the State Department to restrict citizens from posting any information—schematics, cleaning instructions, product reviews, etc.—about any firearm on the internet. Such an extreme interpretation of the intent of the AECA and the ITAR definitions would unquestionably violate not only the Second Amendment right to bear arms, but also the First Amendment right to free speech.

I am an ardent supporter of the U.S. Constitution, especially the rights enumerated in the first two amendments of the Bill of Rights. I certainly am a strong believer in preserving our freedoms, and I oppose all attacks on the free speech rights held by all Americans. I also believe that, as American citizens, we have the right to defend ourselves, our families and our property, and the federal government should never interfere with this right. Our First and Second Amendment rights are fundamental to our republic and the cornerstone upon which our nation was built.

Please know that I will continue to monitor this issue and keep your thoughts in mind should any pertinent legislation be introduced in the Senate. Additionally, I encourage you to submit comments on the State Department's proposed definition change by emailing: DDTCPublicComments@state.gov. The comment period will be open until August 3, 2015 and could have a substantial impact on the final ITAR decision.

Again, thank you for sharing your perspective with me; I hope that you will continue to do so in the future. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or a member of my staff.

For more information, please visit my website at www.scott.senate.gov and subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter. I also encourage you to follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SenatorTimScott and Twitter: www.twitter.com/SenatorTimScott for daily updates.

Sincerely,

Tim Scott

United States Senator

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Office of Senator Thom Tillis

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.  I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, on August 24, 2015, the first Conference of State Parties (CSP) to the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) met in Cancun, Mexico, with the stated purpose of making "foundational decisions to operationalize" the treaty that the United Nations adopted on April 2, 2013.  On September 25, 2013, Secretary of State John Kerry signed the Arms Trade Treaty, but the United States is not bound by its tenets without ratification by the U.S. Senate.

On March 2, 2015, I signed a letter to President Obama that expressed my opposition to the treaty and urged the President to notify the United Nations that the United States does not intend to ratify the Arms Trade Treaty and is therefore not bound by its obligations.  The Arms Trade Treaty does not recognize firearm ownership for self-defense as a fundamental right, which poses a direct threat to the Second Amendment.  Furthermore, the State Department acknowledges that the treaty could inhibit the United States' ability to fulfill its security commitments to key allies such as Israel and Taiwan.

I am a strong advocate of protecting and promoting our Second Amendment rights.  As Speaker of the House of Representatives in North Carolina, I worked to pass laws that protected and expanded the rights of law abiding gun owners.  As a United States Senator, I will continue to support legislation that protects our Second Amendment rights and oppose legislation that threatens to take them away.  When considering American involvement in multilateral treaties, we must evaluate whether such agreements protect our strategic objectives abroad and Constitutional values at home.  This treaty achieves neither.  Please know that if the Arms Trade Treaty comes before the US Senate, I will oppose its ratification.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me.  It is important to hear from citizens on issues that affect the state and the nation.  Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again about other issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s Time for John Boehner to Go!

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/onestep-write-a-letter?0&engagementId=130575

John Boehner has been a disaster for gun rights.

From publicly announcing the “House will consider” gun control legislation in the aftermath of Sandy Hook ... to vehemently pushing amnesty which would legalize millions of anti-gun voters who broke the law to get here ... to refusing to use the “power of the purse” to kill the anti-gun ObamaCare law ... to lying to Republican Congressmen in order to pass the anti-gun Cromnibus in December ... to punishing pro-gun Congressmen who opposed the anti-gun “fast track” deal ... John Boehner has consistently fought on the wrong side.

So please urge your Representative to cosponsor and vote for the measure introduced by Congressman Mark Meadows of North Carolina -- House Resolution 385, which will force Boehner to vacate his Speaker's chair.

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/onestep-write-a-letter?0&engagementId=130575

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Your Congressman Opposing Obama’s Latest Gun Ban?

ACTION:  Click here right now to contact your Representative and to urge him or her to co-sponsor and vote for H.R. 3516.

Millions of seniors could lose their guns, jeopardizing the ability of kids and grandchildren to inherit them

For the past few weeks, GOA has been telling you about Obama’s cruelest gun grab yet.

He’s snatching guns from combat-wounded veterans -- and planning the same for the elderly -- using private personal records from Social Security and Veterans Administration to target anyone who has someone else handling their checkbook.

These people aren’t criminals.  They’re not even dangerous.  They’re just having someone else handle their bills.

They are seniors and combat wounded veterans.  It could be your mother or father.  It could even be you.

Well, one member of Congress is doing something about it.

Congressman Sam Johnson, himself a combat-wounded veteran of both Vietnam and Korea and a seven-year Vietnam POW, has introduced H.R. 3516, the Social Security Beneficiary Second Amendment Rights Protection Act.

This bill would stop Obama from putting people on the national gun ban list simply because Social Security or the VA has someone else listed as handling their finances.

“Because he failed to push his gun control agenda through Congress, his administration is now seeking to deny millions of law-abiding Americans their right to bear arms by going through Social Security,” says Congressman Johnson.

“Old age or a disability does not make someone a threat to society.”

“These folks should be able to defend themselves just like everyone else, and Social Security has no business stripping them of that right,” Johnson said. “This bill puts a stop to yet another overreach by the Obama administration.”

It’s time to put an end to this cruel gun ban.

ACTIONClick here right now to contact your Representative and to urge him or her to co-sponsor and vote for H.R. 3516.

Patriot,

It’s only been a few hours since today’s horrific murders at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

Even while first responders were still on scene and before it was clear the threat was over, the White House immediately began targeting your right to bear arms.

At a press briefing, President Obama said that gun control is a high priority in wake of this attack.
Even saying these victims should be politicized, and he will target your right to keep and bear arms anytime an attack happens.

The truth is many facts about today’s attack are not known yet -- and there is much that will be revealed by investigators in the coming days and weeks.

However, multiple sources have confirmed one all too common fact about what happened.
Umpqua Community College is another so-called “gun free zone.”
In fact, the stated policy is so strict, even bringing a squirt gun on campus was prohibited.

Of course, that didn’t matter to the perpetrator.

As you know, President Obama is desperate to solidify his legacy among every left-wing activist in America by RAMMING through gun-control.
Make no mistake, they have already sworn to exploit these murders to push their radical gun control agenda in Congress.
Even Hillary Clinton couldn’t wait to get a piece of today’s action when she promised to do “everything she can” to pass new gun control too.

Once again, this is an example of how gun-free zones are really “criminal safety zones,” where criminals are emboldened.
Time and time again, they target places they know with virtual certainty where potential victims will be unarmed and unable to defend themselves.

Patriot, thinking about all the defenseless people that have been disarmed keeps me up at night.

That’s why it is so frustrating to see politicians like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton continue to use the victims of violence to promote an agenda that will make more Americans more vulnerable.

The simple fact is gun control does not work. Period.
Yet once again gun owners like us will have to be prepared to stand our ground in the face of a media assault on our Second Amendment rights.

So tonight, please do two things.

First and most importantly, please pray for the victims and the families of those who were murdered or injured in today’s attack in Oregon.

And then get ready for another gun control push in Congress, in the media, and in your state legislature by radical anti-gun activists.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
President
National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. Please pray for the victims and the families of those who were murdered or injured in today’s attack at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

End "Gun Free Zones"!

https://nagr.org/2015/GunFreeZones.aspx?pid=2c

Dear Fellow Patriot,

"Gun Free Zones" are nothing but "Criminal Safety Zones," where violent thugs -- or radical terror extremists -- can be assured there will be the greatest number of unarmed victims.

Time and time again, killers pick "Gun Free Zones" to commit atrocious acts of violence. Columbine, Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and now Umpqua Community College in Oregon . . . Enough is Enough!

Fortunately, there are things we can do to empower would-be victims with a chance to defend themselves and save lives of those around them.

Repealing federally-mandated criminal safe zones is a start.

So I hope you'll take a moment to sign your petition below to help end "gun free zones" in our nation's schools by supporting Congressman Thomas Massie's "Safe Schools Act" as a first step.

For Freedom,

dwb_sig.png

Dudley Brown

President
National Association for Gun Rights

A Petition to End Federal "Gun Free Zones"

Whereas: "Gun Free Zones" are nothing but "Criminal Safety Zones" where violent thugs -- or radical terror extremists -- never have to worry about running across someone who can defend themselves; and

Whereas: The right to keep-and-bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which clearly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed;" and

Whereas: “Gun Free Zones" do not and cannot prevent criminals or the mentally ill from committing acts of violence. They only prevent victims and law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and defending others.

Therefore: I strongly urge you to support the repeal of so-called "Gun Free Zone" laws -- and you can start by co-sponsoring and voting for Congressman Thomas Massie's "Safe Schools Act" to end so-called "gun free" school zones. 

The National Association for Gun Rights will let me know if you choose to stand with gun-grabbers and criminals at the expense of our natural right to self-defense.

Sign here: https://nagr.org/2015/GunFreeZones.aspx?pid=2c

Edited by Sgt. Raven

No More Gun Control Emergency Fax Petition

To my U.S. Congressman and Senators:

Whereas:

The gun-grabbers are exploiting the recent tragedy in Oregon to further their anti-gun agenda; and

Whereas:

All empirical evidence, as well as plain old common sense, shows that gun control does not prevent violence and only leaves law-abiding citizens defenseless against it; and

Whereas:

The Second Amendment clearly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed;" and

Whereas:

Pro-gun Americans like me strongly oppose new unconstitutional gun control schemes and will be paying close attention to our members of Congress;

Therefore:

As your constituent, I urge you oppose any and all new gun control schemes, including but not limited to expanding the National Instant Gun Registration System, banning certain types of common rifle and pistol ammunition, or bans and/or Federal registration of any firearms.

https://nagr.org/2015/NoMoreGunControl.aspx?pid=2b