My new Saiga SGL12-07, Merry Christmas to me...

It has been a long time since I visited or posted anything on the S12 Forums but thought I would show off a pic of my brand new Saiga SGL12-07 Shotgun... I have been meaning to get a S12 for a long time and well after the horrible tragedy I decided it was time to get one... Tracking one down was harder than expected that didn't cost an arm and a leg...

After searching and searching, S12 were sold out everywhere, I finally ran across a vendor with some SGL12-07's...

Any ways, here is a crappy cell phone pic of my new S12 with a MDArms 20 Rd drum (Thnx Copes for the Drums) that still needs fitting to fit properly...

I hope I made a good choice on getting this SGL12-07... It didn't matter much though since S12 are sold out everywhere...

J

post-7300-0-07781500-1357070570_thumb.jpg

Edited by jtrade

We who bought Saiga 12s (ARs, AKs, magazines, etc) before the tragic shootings got them at fair prices. I heard last week that "military style" rifles and shotguns are being priced at double or triple their original prices now. So jtrade you are fortunate indeed to get a good deal on a nice and very versatile firearm.

I recommend you clean your S12 before shooting especially the gas system and treads for the gas regulator plug. It is usually gritty from the factory.

post-45752-0-32478300-1357101053.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I was very fortunate I believe as a local seller on wanted the $5 more for a regular S12 (not converted) than I paid for this guy...

I plan on giving it a good cleaning this weekend as it is rather oily & to get familiar with all the parts...

Thanks for the pic... In chat yesterday it was mentioned I could get an aftermarket "Gas Regular" (may not be correct term) that will give me more than 2 gas settings. I may try and track one of those down today as it looks that is what is used in the V-Plug Gas Setting Port Sizes Pic.

Thanks all, I feel I made a good choice when I ran across this guy.

We who bought Saiga 12s (ARs, AKs, magazines, etc) before the tragic shootings got them at fair prices. I heard last week that "military style" rifles and shotguns are being priced at double or triple their original prices now. So jtrade you are fortunate indeed to get a good deal on a nice and very versatile firearm.

I recommend you clean your S12 before shooting especially the gas system and treads for the gas regulator plug. It is usually gritty from the factory.

New to the forum but thought I would chime in. I picked an SGL12-07 as well and a K-VAR RPK style fore stock. Excited to try it out when it comes in. I am actually a bit of a VEPR collector and this is my first Saiga ( My VEPR 12 is coming in next week) so it will be fun to compare them.

My SGL12-07 came in today as well, haven't gotten to fire it yet but did manage to fit my MD-20 to it. Seemed like a bit of a bear, in my case. I watched the video, read the thread, read the instructions, but man I had to take off quite a bit of material to get it to fit. It's rock-solid now but it seemed like it took quite a bit of filing. I have no problem with that, but I sure hope it doesn't crack under pressure.

My SGL12 is a 4-port gas system. Three large ports and one slightly smaller port a little forward of the other three. All were clean and unblocked (thankfully). Really can't wait to get this thing out.

Interesting about the 4 port gas system, will have to check mine out this weekend when i give er a good cleaning... I know it just has a 1-2 on the gas regulartor... I have yet to fit my MD20's but will tackle that task this weekend too...

J

My SGL12-07 came in today as well, haven't gotten to fire it yet but did manage to fit my MD-20 to it. Seemed like a bit of a bear, in my case. I watched the video, read the thread, read the instructions, but man I had to take off quite a bit of material to get it to fit. It's rock-solid now but it seemed like it took quite a bit of filing. I have no problem with that, but I sure hope it doesn't crack under pressure.

My SGL12 is a 4-port gas system. Three large ports and one slightly smaller port a little forward of the other three. All were clean and unblocked (thankfully). Really can't wait to get this thing out.