Ejection problems after new furniture install

Recently purchased a forearm/stock kit (SKU: DE_KIT_02) from Saiga-12. After mounting the new forearm and stock I'm having trouble cycling rounds. Before the install my Saiga-12 would cycle low brass Winchester shells as fast as I could pull the trigger. Now it won't cycle them at all and even have had a couple stovepipes with some Remington Express 2 3/4" 00 Buck. I have a TAC-47 Autoplug and didn't do anything to it when I put the forearm on. Has anyone else experienced this? If so any suggestions?

If you need any other info to help with me out just ask and I'll provide it as best I can.

TIA,

Mark Young

Have you tried back tracking to see if the gun will cycle then? It would'nt take long at the range to switch the stock and handguard out to see where the issue is. Was it working with the Auto Plug before you changed the furniture out?

I have read on here before that some quad rails can cause this because they pinch the gas tube causing the piston to freese up. I am not sure if that is your problem but you might remove the gas valve and see if the piston moves freely. The other thing is have you cleaned your gun recently, if not it may just be a coincidence that it started malfunctioning after changing the furniture.

@ rnemhrd - no I haven't "back tracked" was hoping I wouldn't have to. ;) Yes it was working flawlessly with the TAC-47 before I put the new furniture on it.

@ misterT - I cleaned it after first shooting it with the new furniture, thinking that might be the problem. Shot it after the cleaning and actually had one of the 00 Buck stovepipe on me. I will check out the gas piston tonight.

On another note, when I cleaned it before this last shoot, I noticed on the left side on the upper front part of the forearm there was some carbon on the inside part of the forearm. There is a hole in the gas tube there, is that normal? BTW, I bought this gun at an estate sale so am not the original owner so I'm not sure if there was any "modification" done prior to my purchase.

Thanks,
Mark Young

Yes that hole is normal and some hand guards have been known to cause issues b/c they cover that hole and dont allow the gasblock to function correctly. This is most likely the problem. Some members have remedied this problem by drilling a hole through the handguard to line up with the hole in the gasblock(this should be last option)

You may need to re adjust the autoplug. Try tuning the autoplug, if that dont work remove the handguard, if it cycles without that handguard you know what the problem is.

^^^there ya go.

It's on the gas block, middle left side, if you've shot it recently there should be carbon deposit around it.

Just look for the hole or have someone put some hair around it. lol

Edited by Mullet Man

Do not block the vent hole, it will affect cycling.

Its purpose is supposedly to vent air pressure from behind the puck allowing to move against the op-rod with the least amount of counter pressure.

Some rails block or impede it enough to cause problems, if your rail blocks it, simply drill a hole, fixed.

In the past some people with under gassed guns have attempted to fix the problem by blocking this hole, tap-n-screw/weld/etc, its not a fix.

haha.gif It appears Mullet Man needs to put some hair around it, cause him thinking it was middle of left side, he'd be dry humping her thigh.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1
haha.gif It appears Mullet Man needs to put some hair around it, cause him thinking it was middle of left side, he'd be dry humping her thigh.

LOL i like it old school. but i meant middle of the gas block, as in between the barrel and gas tube.

Recently purchased a forearm/stock kit (SKU: DE_KIT_02) from Saiga-12. After mounting the new forearm and stock I'm having trouble cycling rounds. Before the install my Saiga-12 would cycle low brass Winchester shells as fast as I could pull the trigger. Now it won't cycle them at all and even have had a couple stovepipes with some Remington Express 2 3/4" 00 Buck. I have a TAC-47 Autoplug and didn't do anything to it when I put the forearm on. Has anyone else experienced this? If so any suggestions?

If you need any other info to help with me out just ask and I'll provide it as best I can.

TIA,

Mark Young

The main culprit is going to be the recoil reduction stock, and a close second is that tri rail. Try test firing with each of them off.

TIA,

Mark Young

The main culprit is going to be the recoil reduction stock, and a close second is that tri rail. Try test firing with each of them off.

I forgot about that. Those pogo stick recoil reducing stocks absorb recoil the gun needs to cycle properly. Why I said to back track parts out at the range. Pedal is right.