foreign buttplate on US made stock?

hello saiga law savvy people!

ive been searching the forums here (and google). i cant find this subject covered, and im curious.

would installing a foreign buttplate and/or sling swivel on a us made buttstuck disquiliefy the stock as a us made part?

if yes, why is it we can use an original foreign pistol grip screw with a us made grip to help with compliance? thanks.

Well I'm gonna assume he's asking about a wooden stock or some such.

I have always been curious for the ones of us with adjustable AR style stocks tho which part actually counts as the stock, the part that goes on or the tube and adapter, or do both have to be US made to count as US made stock.

Well I'm gonna assume he's asking about a wooden stock or some such.

I have always been curious for the ones of us with adjustable AR style stocks tho which part actually counts as the stock, the part that goes on or the tube and adapter, or do both have to be US made to count as US made stock.

sorry, yes i was talking about a wood stock in this case.

you hit the nail on the head about which part makes the "stock" that is listed though. most stocks are made from more than one part. most people would count the buttplate (and other parts of a non-wood stock) as part of a complete stock. i know if i ordered a complete stock and it came missing the buttplate and sling attachment i wouldn't be pleased.

seeing as how ive never even heard of anyone being prosecuted for 922r (probably because its almost impossible to prove the origin of non marked parts), and in my case if you removed the buttplate and swivel, i think most people would still consider the wood alone a "stock" even if fully stripped. so im probably good. i just want to get some outside opinions to be on the safe side.

id call a sheriff or the atf if it didnt seem like even they dont have any idea how to define the law. plus, id probably get 6 different answers on six different days.