Does seem to anyone else that lifetime warranty really only means "buy this with these words "lifetime warranty" attached to it so you'll think it's far more superior than the other models that don't have the "lifetime waranty?" Oh yeah, and when you want to replace the item when it breaks we are going to interrogate you, make you fill out endless paperwork, and then we'll get back to you as soon as we think that our "lifetime warranteed" item is indeed a failure. What? You paid extra for a lifetime warranty? Well, I am sorry sir, our sales person should have told you about our store and it's policies. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If something has a lifetime warranty shouldn't it be replaced if it breaks? Especially if wasn't taking on any kind of abuse? When did people stop standing behind they're work??? Ohhhh!!!

SORRY, just answered my own question....Accountability is a beyotch!!!

In a slightly humorous twist (Deity knows we need all the humor we can get these days):

I had a carbon fiber heart valve put in a couple years ago and it came with a registration card and a "Lifetime warranty".

I asked the surgeon " Okay, whose lifetime? Mine? The valve? yours? the company that made it?

You know, I still haven't gotten an answer on that.

• Like 1

Vortex Optics, VIP Warranty... I've experienced it, they take lifetime care of their product and the CS is fantastic.

Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all riflescopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes and monoculars.

• Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

icon_note.gif
The VIP warranty does not cover loss, theft or deliberate damage to the product.

• Like 1

We did a custom shower for a disabled veteran that allows him to roll a wheelchair into the shower. The entire area around the shower is sloped to allow water to run to the drain. The shower is a thing of beauty and we told him it has a lifetime warranty. In this case the warranty is for the life of him and his wife who are both in their late thirties. If our company goes bust and he calls me thirty years from now with a problem, I will personally go to his home and completely rebuild the entire room if that is what it requires. When you put your name on something and give it a lifetime warranty, that has to actually mean something. It does to me.

• Like 4

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mostholycerebus" data-cid="840126" data-time="1357249945"><p>

Its not hard for an educated consumer to find out which warranties, and companies, are worth a damn. Its not like your only source of products and info is a black-and-white Sears cataloge brought in once a year on a mule-drawn carriage. </p></blockquote>

Leatherman, Snap-On, and (your mileage may vary as I've heard lately) Sears have absolutely excellent warranties in my experience.

My leatherman has done things that it had NO business attempting and had hung from my keychain (Juice model) for 7 years before I sent it in with dull blades, sprung jaws, wire cutters that were dulled from cutting 1/8" piano wire, broken wine opener, and a busted leather punch.

I never even got a phone call. 3 weeks later the brand new one was in my mailbox. I honestly used it as a construction tool in factories thousands of times. They had no business honoring their warranty, but did so without a peep.

I once returned a 10mm wrench to sears that I took the bench grinder make a "thin walled" box end out of for a set of headers. I told the clerk that they didn't have to replace it if they didn't want to it. She didn't say a single word. Just threw it in the box and grabbed my new wrench from the back.

Out of curiousity, who are you having a problem with?

The Tromix warranty is completely dependent on the customer's attitude.

If the customer is cool.....then it's under warranty.

If the customer acts like a complete fucking dick, there is no warranty.

we charge "High maintenance" customers..

FAF (Fuck around factor)...

I had problems with an auto parts store... I too have never had problems with sears or snap on...always have replaced tools no questions asked....I guess alternators are the exception!!

A few years ago I dropped a estwing (spelling?) hammer 17 story's onto concrete, luckily it did not hit any of the people who were standing meters away! The tip of the claw broke off. I did not even buy it new- my father did when HE started his aprentaceship.

I told estwing about it and they shiped me a new one half way around the world!

I acquired a P.O.S. SW9M 9mm handgun tn a mixed box of junk I bought for 50bucks at gunshow. It was all there but the Striker/Plunger was fused to the slide.I called Smith and Wesson to check on buying a new striker and fixing it up myself they checked to see if warranty had been registered and suprisingly it had not. They sent me paid FedEx shipping info. I sent it back to them 4 days later I receive a call the weapon could not be repaired and they sent a NEW SD9VE to my FFL. From my shipping to reciept of new weapon 12 days. Worked for me sold the SD9 and made 300 bucks from one peice out of box I bought. Smith's warranty and service is great.

Most hilarious lifetime warranty i ever encountered-

i was replacing the front brake pads on my car and drove to the auto parts store to buy the replacements. Guy behind the counter sells me on a set of pads with a lifetime warranty that were only a few bucks more than OEM. I put them in, and about 20-25k miles later, they wear out. I bring them back to the store, (with receipt), and i am informed that the " lifetime warranty" only covers the brakes. For the life of the brakes.

In other words, it's guaranteed to last until it doesn't work anymore. I promptly went across the street to their competition and never looked back. That was about 15 years ago. I chalk it up to a good life lesson and something that can still make me laugh

• Like 1