Pheonix technology stock

I have a Phoenix Kicklite on my converted 2012 19" barreled Saiga with 4 holes in the gas block.and it does reduce the recoil. It has never reduced the cycling inertia. It does not short stroke.

I have not enlarged the holes and I have no failures to feed, extract or fire because of the stock.

My son had a Saiga with a 22" barrel and 2 holes in the gas block and the stock worked equally as well on his weapon. YMMV. Castalia

Edited by Castalia

I had one on my s12. It worked great for me. The reason I took it off is because I wanted to change the look of my S12 with a Russian red wood stock. I will sell mine for $50 shipped. I can send pics if you want. If interested pm me. If anyone else wants to buy it you can send me a message also.

Edited by ultra7350

Damn, ultra! Where were you 2 months ago?

I just put one on mine from CSS, and am happy with it after a few hundred rounds. Upgraded from a regular NATO-length stock with a less-than-comfortable metal butt plate. Not much fun after a few 00's or slugs, and no one makes a drop-in recoil pad for those, for some reason.

Anyway, as for the Phoenix-

Pros: 1) Absolutely delivers on advertised recoil reduction.

2) Cheap money to get a decent adjustable stock. If these are your primary goals, you won't be sorry.

Cons: 1) Real tight fit into my receiver, which could be particular to my weapon, and could be considered a Pro. Fully seated, the screw holes didn't line up with the holes in my tang.

2) The lever on the stock to adjust length is incredibly cheap. It will be the first thing to break, guaranteed. I would have paid $10 more to get better parts. The rest of the stock seems to be pretty rugged.

3) Though it does reduce recoil well, I did notice a pronounced muzzle rise (up and to the left, really) over the fixed stock. I can only attribute this to the fact that in slowing down the recoil, and taking it away from my shoulder, the inertia still has to go somewhere. Other people may not notice it, or care, but it pulled the muzzle far enough off target for me that I would not want to use it in 3-gun, for example. For the range, hunting and even HD, I would not be concerned. Again, opinions will vary.

All said, these are tradeoffs that I'll live with. If I suddenly find myself with a bunch of money, I'll buy a higher-end fixed stock with a decent recoil pad. Until then, I still feel that I got more than I paid for.

• 3 weeks later...
I had one on my s12. It worked great for me. The reason I took it off is because I wanted to change the look of my S12 with a Russian red wood stock. I will sell mine for $50 shipped. I can send pics if you want. If interested pm me. If anyone else wants to buy it you can send me a message also.

Stock was sold today.

I have one on my Saiga 12.. Can shoot 3'' 00 all day now. Did wonders..
My saiga 12 came from the factory reliable.. can shoot any load on #1 setting, even walmart bulk target pack on #1 setting..
Only had 1 jam out of the 200 rounds I've shot through it.. and it was from messing w/ the Auto plug.