My sincere condolences on your Bros passing.

It has been a good while now, but my Father's death is still all too fresh at times.

Times soothes the rough edges and pain, but it can't quite the love of a lost family member.

Once it becomes easier to see past the loss, you'll be able to remember and smile about the good times.

SPARKY, ITS GOING TO HURT FOR AWHILE. I AM COMING ON THE 5TH YEAR SINCE MY BROTHER PASSED. HE WAS 37 FULL OF PISS AND VINEGAR, AND POOF. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DONT GET REMINDED OF HIM. THE COOL THING (IF THERE IS ONE) I REPLAY OVER AND OVER ALL OF THE GOOFY, CRAZY SHIT WE USED TO DO AS KIDS AND EVEN AS ADULTS. THE MERE THOUGHTS, WHILE SAD, MAKES ME GIGGLE. I DWELLED THE FIRST FEW MONTHS ON THE NEGATIVES, WHY DIDNT I CALL MORE, WHY DIDNT I DO THIS OR THAT. AFTER A BIT, IT DAWNED ON ME, HE WOULD KNOCK THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME IF HE WERE HERE, FOR ACTING LIKE THAT. IN SOME WEIRD KARMA TWIST, I GET TO LIVE WITH MY BROTHER AGAIN. 2 MONTHS AGO I NOTICED "THINGS" WITH MY OLDEST SON. BE DAMNED IF IS A PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CLONE OF MY BROTHER.

THE SAD PART IS I THINK I LOST MY MIDDLE BROTHER. HE CANNOT SNAP OUT OF IT. IN SOME STRANGE WAY HE THINKS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE, NOT JEFF. HE FEELS JEFF (PARAMEDIC AND MR PERSONALITY) HAD MORE TO OFFER THE WORLD AND THE WORLD WAS ROBBED. ITS HARD TO GET IT THRU HIS HEAD THAT SHIT HAPPENS, AND MOST OF THE TIME ITS TO GREAT PEOPLE.

I CANT OFFER ANY WORDS THAT WILL KILL THE PAIN. THE ONLY THING THAT HELPED ME COPE WAS THE MEMORIES. REMEMBER YOUR BROTHER EVERY DAY AND HE WILL BE WITH YOU FOREVER.

It has been a year of funerals for me, 5 to be exact, some family some not. Time heals all wounds my friend, but some wounds take longer to heal than others. The one comfort I have is remember how they lived and what they stood for too truly honor them. Besides this is not the end and we all get to see our passed loved ones again one day.

God bless and my sincerest condolences.

It has been a good while now, but my Father's death is still all too fresh at times.

Times soothes the rough edges and pain, but it can't quite the love of a lost family member.

Once it becomes easier to see past the loss, you'll be able to remember and smile about the good times.

^^^^^^My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother......Babies that didn't make it, a cousin that passed three days ago. Please know that you are not alone in the pain of loss, however in time we'll be able to remember and smile about the good times. I know this to be true!

Words cant express Sparky. Sorry about your bro. The pain will never go away, but the memories will help make it easier to accept. Remember the good times and reflect upon them often.

Ditto what the good Captain said. This is how you try to cope. I know it isn't easy, but you felt the need to reach out and post here, so please accept the advice and condolences. They are sincere.

I'll also give some practical advice that I really don't see offered much, if at all. Force yourself to eat, even though it's the last thing on your mind. Trust me, it really does help. You're in shock anyway, so be as good to your body as you can.

Don't drink much alcohol. A little doesn't hurt as long as it helps you release the emotional tide that has built up. Death of a close relative is one of the most traumatic events you will ever experience so you damn sure don't need a hangover getting in the way. It only makes things worse. Again, I will ask your trust on that one.

Whatever you do, do not go into a shell and try to go it alone. That's the worst mistake you can make. Friends and family are just that, friends and family. If you need to lean on someone, then do so. There is no shame involved. There will come a time when you can return the favor. Such is life.

Finally, although this may sound strange, thank you for your post. I've seen numerous similar ones and was always at a loss for words. That usually isn't the case with me.This time was a bit different for some reason. I know I can't alleviate your pain to any meaningful degree, but now I can at least try.

Tim

• Like 1

Sparky, I'm sorry for your loss. There really aren't words, but do try to remember the good times, the laughter, and the love. In his memory, of all the lives he's touched, his spirit lives on within you and yours. Take care, and know that we are all here for you, reaching out to lift you up with our prayers and blessings.

Bright Blessings, Sparky.

Live your life to its fullest - that is how you pay forward those who pass before you. Keep them alive by sharing the great things they did.

Avoid drugs and alcohol, they impair your thinking and screw up the respect you intend for the dead.

Thats shitty man. My very best friend, a guy who i knew for many years and hung out with almost every day, just died this summer. We had a business almost set up and many many other things were left hanging, just twisting in the wind. The hardest thing is the plans left undone, and now impossible.

It takes a while for the pain to ease, but it does. You may think it will never go away, but it fades eventually and things are put back into perspective. We will always remember the loved and lost, and cherish their memory, and wish for their return in vain.

I wish it was more comforting to say that you are not alone in this type of pain. All we can do is live our own lives the best way we know how. After all, thats what they would want for us, in their absence.

All my best to you man, keep your head up.

whe wade was with us he said he wanted a pire [some indian ritual [you make a bonfire stack place the body on top and let it burn,well laws being what they are we cant do that persay but he will be cremated wed and in the spring on his land the family and frinds will put his ashes on top and sing his songs and remember his love for life,god and country.