Wierd Import Mark

Long Time Listener, First Time Poster

Picked up nib unconverted 223 Saiga at gunshow this weekend. My rifle circa 2009 has import marks in odd places, just curious if anyone had seen these before

Russian American Armory Mark forward of magazine bottom of receiver.

Etched import mark ROSJAGN on right receiver behind safety selector

Seller pulled bait and switch, displayed rifle had mag dimples and clean old style RRA import marks, assured me everything in boxes below was same. Price was good, took him at word, still irritated at being lied to, my fault for not double checking.

post-46141-0-82380200-1357343191_thumb.jpg

post-46141-0-14812400-1357343215_thumb.jpg

Yeah I wouldnt let the dimples bother you that much. Its still going to be a badass rifle, and one that should last a lifetime.

ETA: My 7.62 that I just got doesnt have dimples either, and is an '06. Its not a deal breaker for me. I rather like having an oddball to throw into the mix.

Edited by Captain Hero

Thanks for info. Interesting about German import mark. This will be my second 223, also have converted/restored personally a 308, 2 7.62x39 and 2 12 gauge.

Like I said, price was not bad, considering current events, just didn't care for seller BS. I should have investigated purchased rifle more, but was assured it was exactly like display. Box was still sealed in original plastic, tried to be optimistic. Ya'll know how that usually ends up.

Aside from his BS, Seller had at least 10 more 223 nib under mine. At show he was asking 424 out the door, which given current climate/availability didn't seem bad. Business address on receipt given is relatively close to Louisville, Ky if anyone looking for another rifle. I'm sure he's not vendor here, don't want to violate any board/forum rules.

Thanks again for help.

On the plus side, you probably got a heavier barrel. Most (but not all) non-dimpled .223s had them. Unless you want to do a front end parts swap, this is an advantage.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1