• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, might be a good time to relax and wait. Besides by the time the prices level, I think you will have the option of CSSpecs steel 8s.

I miss the AGP Arms deal:   FIVE 10rnd mags for $100 (assy required).

I love this forum. Some of the information here is invaluable. Thanks to everyone here!! Just ordered some(2) from Gilberts!! I think I need to bump up my status on this forum. My S-12 wouldn't be

12s seem ungainly to me. I would prefer to buy 10s and think about maybe cutting to 8s. Are the 10s in stock anywhere for a reasonable price?

Another question. Can anyone tell me for certain if the spring that comes in a 10 is the same length spring in a 12, or is it longer in the 12? If longer, I may want 12s to cut to 10. I like a strong mag spring. Am I nuts?

12s seem ungainly to me. I would prefer to buy 10s and think about maybe cutting to 8s. Are the 10s in stock anywhere for a reasonable price?

Another question. Can anyone tell me for certain if the spring that comes in a 10 is the same length spring in a 12, or is it longer in the 12? If longer, I may want 12s to cut to 10. I like a strong mag spring. Am I nuts?

Surefire said they were the same a long time ago, but would probably need cutting for shorter than 5. Unless they have changed in the last couple of years, they should be the same length.

This is one of the reasons that some people use to say that the shorter ones are more reliable in theory. I like the 12 shot stick. I have gotten used to it. If I could I would trade most of my 10s for 12s.

Surefire said they were the same a long time ago, but would probably need cutting for shorter than 5. Unless they have changed in the last couple of years, they should be the same length.

This is one of the reasons that some people use to say that the shorter ones are more reliable in theory. I like the 12 shot stick. I have gotten used to it. If I could I would trade most of my 10s for 12s.

When I get my 12's in I may hit you up if you are interested. The 10 was bad enough in the shotgun mount but tolerable and I will have to see how bad the 12's stick out. I back ordered some tens the other day but since the 12's came in stock in the E-Store I bought three to try.

Looks like the Surefire 12 rd magazines are getting out to the suppliers. Got some that I back-ordered in this past Wednesday. Then last night got another batch on a back-order from another vendor. Forgot to cancel the second one but now that I've got them, I'll hold onto them for future projects.

Bill

I just cannot believe my eyes when I look at the prices on eBay and GB... People are getting ripped off...

But on the other hand, it is free market economy! Maybe I should go up on the price too!!!

Makc,

I bought some 12 rounders off of you today. I for one appreciate your business ethics and will return the favor with my loyalty. Thank you!

If you can somehow swing for some more SGM magwell mags do so. There hasn't been anyone restocking the 10 or 12 rounders for either the 030 or Vepr models. As of today the only option for the magwell fed guns are original 8's at rusmilitary which are $150 each...

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Makc, I must agree with the above. Due to your business ethic and not jumping on the gouging bandwagon, I will look to the e-store before I look anywhere else.

My local gun shop has done business the same way. They have very few guns in the store at the moment and have many loyal customers because of them not gouging.

Thank you sir!

Makc, I must agree with the above. Due to your business ethic and not jumping on the gouging bandwagon, I will look to the e-store before I look anywhere else.

My local gun shop has done business the same way. They have very few guns in the store at the moment and have many loyal customers because of them not gouging.

Thank you sir!

I completely agree with this ^^

I am new here and this type of loyalty to your customers will keep me coming back.

I just picked up my saiga 12 so i'll be asking some questions i'm sure.

BTW I just ordered 2 of the 12rd mags.

Thanks

BTW anyone know of where to find some 20rd drums for a reasonable price?

Edited by yrksaiga

Thank you sir!

+1 or can we do that anymore? Anyway, got a ding this morning and went to town in the store. Thanks boss! I needed those. As for gouging, I always list what I don't like on GB. Put a 20 round MD drum up because it was to damn big. Started it at a buck, and ended at 600$.big_smile.gif Thanks to the guy who got it! It paid for my 12 round mags today.

MAKC, Thanks for putting up a few 10 rounders today! I have been waiting on those for a month now. Put some more up! I promise I will leave them there for the next guy. Just needed a few for the personal collection. bad_smile.gif My card took a small hit from you this month, but it is appreciated.

4 more 12 rounders just put up!

Sure would like to see a box in their checkout section for "postal money order" or "bank check".

It is very hard for us to do with the amount of orders that we are processing, really need to, please place an order online, then, instead of paying, simply call us @ 404-987-0707 and ask to mark your order as "Awaiting Payment" - we will hold your oder for a 1 week awaiting the money order.

http://www.saiga-12....?prod=SSGMP1212

http://www.mdarms.com get it right from the source.

Thanks I was thinking about that, but was hoping to find some in stock.

But at this point I think that would be like winning the lottery eyes_droped.gif

I doubt that... MD-ARMS got my order to me in under 2 weeks. If Mike is still taking orders, you'll get your drums.

http://www.mdarms.com get it right from the source.

Thanks I was thinking about that, but was hoping to find some in stock.

But at this point I think that would be like winning the lottery eyes_droped.gif

I doubt that... MD-ARMS got my order to me in under 2 weeks. If Mike is still taking orders, you'll get your drums.

Oops sorry for the confusion, I mean finding any in stock would be like winning the lottery.

I'll be placing an order with Mike tomorrow victory.gif

From what i've read he has a pretty good rep on here.

The springs in 8-, 10-. and 12-round mags are the same. In 5- and 2-round it is the same as well, but it is half the length.

The ridges on the mags are specifically made so that you can cut them down from 12- to 10-, 8- 5-, and 2-round length and use the same follower plate to reassemble.

As for buying 12-rounders and cutting them to 10- or below - I would not at this point, unless you have a pressing need to have it "today" due to some new restriction… We will have some 10-round mags in stock soon (hopefully), and the value of 12-round mags would be better from the resale point of view as you can always put them on GB or sell the at the local gun show and get almost 1.5x to 2x the money…

At the local gun show I visited last weekend, a dealer sold an unmodified (simple, Montecarlo style stock, as original as it gets, without ANY add-ons!) Saiga-12 for $1899 (after buying it from a friend of mine for $800 a weekend before!) But I guess at this point, it is more of the question of "who has one for sale?" vs. "how much is it?" if you actually want to get one before a new legislation is upon us...

I just cannot believe my eyes when I look at the prices on eBay and GB... People are getting ripped off...

But on the other hand, it is free market economy! Maybe I should go up on the price too!!!

I have several buddies and a forum with a bunch of gun nuts on it with S12's. I link to the E-Store every chance and everyone appreciates the store. My last two or three orders have been from the E-Store since it is so easy and fast.