I was looking at a ZFK 4X25 scope, I know its calibrated for the 5.45 round. How well would it be for the 223/5.56 round?

I want to stick with the PSO POSP style scopes, And I like the Mil style recticles. And was hoping for one with a BDC that would kinda work for a saiga 223.

Or is there a scope that was designed for the AK 101, slr 106 that I'm not seeing?

It will be reasonably close but you will need to shoot with it to get a feel for what it's going to do. There are many more ammo choices for the 556 than 545 and since the ZFK calibration is for 53gr 7N6 at about 3000fps any 556 that is heavier and slower will not match the ZFK.

In my experience it is often simpler and faster to just use the top chevron and know your hold overs for various distances, or to use a longer range zero so that you don't have to fiddle with anything while shooting.

Z

Thanks Zen,

Thats what I was thinking just setting a 400 yard zero and learning the hold overs. And if I went that route I could use just about any pso/posp on the market. hmm that $99 psl/lpk scope is looking tempting with a mounting latch change.

I really just don't know, much yet on this style scope,

I am getting a 400m rectile posp for my sks and would love the same style on the saiga 223

My avatar picture was with Irons on my AR at 300 yards 3rd shot had to adjust for a 15mph cross wind

Nice shooting :beer:

The Romanian PSL scope (LPS/TIP2) is probably the least expensive way to get a magnified optic for an AK. For some reason they are dirt cheap even though they are really high quality military issue scopes...made by IOR/Valdada IIRC.

A simple swap to an MTK83 base and you'll be GTG. I did that for my SLR105 and it works well enough. It will be a tad higher than a POSP but it doesn't take much to get used to it IMO

LPS-TIP2_SLR105Left.JPG

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think its BSA that offers a scope for the 223 round and it has the BDC option too thats the bullet drop compisation. I picked up this scope and got the mount from kalinka. I can shoot at farther distances by dialing it in and no error or hold over is necessary. I use the BDC option on my larger caliber rifles its the bushnell banner scope that has that option.