How many MD20 drums to own?

Well I ordered 1 from what a country just before the prices went totally crazy and the site locked up could not complete the transaction so I ordered another one from copes. Guess what I received one from each of them, well damn guess I will just have to keep both of them! aint that the shits!

• Like 1
I think everyone should have as many as it takes to do this.... provided your shotgun runs acceptably.

or maybe this many....

attachicon.gifEveryone should have a few MD-20s.....jpg

attachicon.gifFILE0024.JPG

Yes, the camera angle in the video sucks and it isn't very entertaining, but the goal was to illustrate some degree of reliability. One round caught on the barrel hood. I started extending the hoods after this and haven't had the same failure on any of them since. I think I may have perfected the art of making these run, long or short.

EVL,

I know you are looking at building a house. I just thought you should know the vacant lots on either side of mine and across the street are all undeveloped woods in the beautiful Ozarks. Come on up to Northwest Arkansas and enjoy FOUR seasons (actually, around here, it's more like eight)! That way your new neighbor can swing buy and borrow a few eggs or MD drums or whatever...

No?!?

Just so you know, you didn't build that collection! Those drums are a result of everyone's hard work. You need to spread the wealth and give everyone in this thread an MD Drum. It's your fair share!

Nephilim, I am in N central,AR Like you all undeveloped woods on all sides.. closest neighbor 1/3 mile up the hill..

1 promag 20

2 Md 20s

2 12 Rd sticks

2 5 rd sticks

seeya

I think everyone should have as many as it takes to do this.... provided your shotgun runs acceptably.

or maybe this many....

attachicon.gifFILE0024.JPG

Yes, the camera angle in the video sucks and it isn't very entertaining, but the goal was to illustrate some degree of reliability. One round caught on the barrel hood. I started extending the hoods after this and haven't had the same failure on any of them since. I think I may have perfected the art of making these run, long or short.

Jesus man you really have a lot of free time....

I envy this.

Edited by Turbo.M777

I envy this.

LOL. I envy your wallet. Mine is light.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see humping more than 3 or 4 drums of all makes, plus one in the weapon. Yeah, one of these days I will actually be able to afford the damn S-12 (to get minimal upgrades: autoplug, glassbolt, and restoration to wood furniture)

As to how many other mags, well, I dunno.

Silly question: Has anyone put the MHI smiling devilface onto the cover plate of a drum mag?

• 2 weeks later...

I own one only for novelty's sake and the fun drum dump. For "practical usage" I find it to be without much use -- it's size and bulk negates any plus's the additional 5 rounds gives me over the much smaller 15 round drums...

Edited by Odd Man Out
I own one only for novelty's sake and the fun drum dump. For "practical usage" I find it to be without much use -- it's size and bulk negates any plus's the additional 5 rounds gives me over the much smaller 15 round drums...

+1 to this. I have one and it is pretty bulky. I prefer the 10 rd mags and some of the smaller drums.

Hi Everybody!

As MD-20's go, I might buy one or two for giggles, but other than an ATF zombie raid on my place, I rather run with the sticks. I figure 7 10 round sticks as a combat load (6 in pouches and 1 in gun), same as I carried in the military with the M-16. With that in mind, I picked up a total of 10 AGP's so I have 3 as spares. For more ammo, I'd carry a .30 cal can repacked with 128 rounds of 50/50 mix of buck and slugs.

Current inventory:

3 x 5 round

10 x 10 round