Help me dress up my Saiga!

Hello forum brothers. I have been fortunate enough to acquire one of these fine firearms & would like to dress it up. I would like a collapsible stock, fore grip, flashlight & laser. I have been close to buying a few set-ups, but then I start reading reviews & sure enough there are always complaints about the fore grip, flash lights & lasers not standing the test of time when used the way like to use a fun gun like this (which will be a lot!). Of course I don't want to over pay, no one does, but I also don't mind paying for quality that will last. Any suggestions from experienced Saiga shooters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much & great to be here around such knowledgeable Saiga enthusiasts smile.png

230113_10151504636298154_1705231197_n.jp

Well - I did not do my conversion yet - so I got the Tapco collapsible stock - for NON-converted Saiga. I also got the Mississippi Arms barrel shroud - to protect the barrel from being dinged - really! UTG quad rail took mere seconds to install - all aluminum - and they provide the cool rubber grips. I actually have the SightMark QD ultra red dot sight on it now. Single point sling works ok for 3 Gun matches, but I might switch to 2 point sling for being out in the field. Also add the MD Arms V-plug - easy drop in. The choice for magazines - either you will get a bunch of magazines - 8,10, 12, whatever or you will chose to go with a drum - I use 2, ProMag 20 round drums.

pre-sandy hook prices

UTG quad rail kit - with long and short rail, rubber pads - $99

Tapco stock kit - non-converted - $65

ProMag 20 rnd Drums - $89 each (heard they hit $140 around here..)

Sightmark - any $99 to $129 sight - avoid the $34 ones, they break easy.

Single point sling - $30-40

Mississippi Arms barrel shroud - $99

I go to SGammo.com BTW, usually they have stock...

Good Luck - its fun!

Edited by DNR
  • Like 1

For a collapsible stock, do you want folding or non? If folding, check out Bonesteel Arms for their integral buffer tube/folder assembly. They are about the best option without having to cut the tang. For a fixed stock, I prefer the Vltor AR stock adaptor due to the QD holes located near the rear of the receiver. CSS is another option for the AR stock adapters.

I wanted folding BTW - not sure if they are available for NON-converted Saigas. This was a 'spur of the moment' purchase, I would not normally buy something like a stock, made of plastic. The Tapco stock has a retainer hole for your sling to clip into - plastic, with a small screw, into plastic.

Believe me, I don't expect this weapon (too heavy, long, and bulky - it ain't a FPS SBS) to make it beyond my front door in SHTF, I plan to hose down the mob on my front lawn enough to make it to the BMW in the driveway and then switch to the AR and Glock for the ride down the expressway lol....

Edited by DNR

Nice looking gun DNR.

I'll be honest, this is all really new to me, & I am just now realizing what conversion really means: moving the trigger mechanism forward. Watched some of the videos posted here on this forum & I'm not going to lie, doing that conversion myself intimidates the hell out of me. I get by, but I am far from being highly mechanically inclined. I would be so scared I was gonna screw something up that I couldn't make right. I've got a friend who recently got a Saiga too, maybe we can tackle a conversion together (two heads are better than one). Guess I've got some homework to do! :P

• Like 1
Nice looking gun DNR.

I'll be honest, this is all really new to me, & I am just now realizing what conversion really means: moving the trigger mechanism forward. Watched some of the videos posted here on this forum & I'm not going to lie, doing that conversion myself intimidates the hell out of me. I get by, but I am far from being highly mechanically inclined. I would be so scared I was gonna screw something up that I couldn't make right. I've got a friend who recently got a Saiga too, maybe we can tackle a conversion together (two heads are better than one). Guess I've got some homework to do! tongue.png

If you have a buddy that wants to do one too sounds like the way to go. Do his first.bad_smile.gif

Edited by rnemhrd
  • Like 1