Newbie question concerning omission of BHO assembly

Hello, first off I'd like to say these forums have been a great source of info and help for my Saiga 12 conversion done just yesterday. First time doing this and it took nearly ALL day, lol. My question is concerning the omission of the BHO piece and spring. I didn't order the modified BHO with my conversion so I got rid of it completely. I installed the tapco conversion kit from CSS with the tapco g2 trigger. Is there anything I should have modified at all with the omission of the BHO? I've searched and found info on washers around the hammer pin, etc. Just wanted to know if I needed to do anything else after removing it.

Thanks,

Josh

On a g2 you need to grind down the hump (below the hammer's face) and it is also recommended to reprofile the face of the hammer as well as it sits higher than the factory hammer creating more drag on the carrier.

You said your g2 was not modified. If it was modified then it will be shorter along the axis (shorter on the right side) to accommodate the width of the bho lever. You will have a bunch of lateral slop if you didn't throw the bho lever in.

I meant that I just had the factory bolt hold plate, not the modified one. I want to get rid of it anyhow, would a washer or a couple e clips work to reduce the lateral slop? It seems alot of people delete the bho lever, just unsure of what needs to be done to do it. I do have the modified trigger group, sorry for confusion.

Sorry, you did say modified bho. My reading comprehension is lacking.

You might be able to get a washer in there. It I will probably hard to find one as wide as the bho and not have a huge inside and outside diameter. I would just stick the bho in. They are a very nice feature to have on the S12. Debatable in a rifle, though. Also, you can modify your bho to get the safety back in easier in about 2 minutes with a Dremel.

Just for info purposes, both my S12 and 7.62x39 Saigas have hammers that i clearanced for the BHO levers when i first did my conversions. I have since taken out the BHO levers in favor of a Krebs safety. Both Saiga's function flawlessly with the same hammers still clearanced for the BHO's and no washer or anything to take up the space. Just saying, there is not enough room in my findings, for the hammer to move over far enough and not engage the disconnector, or the trigger hook.

Edited by Mullet Man