I have a Yugo underfolding AK and I really like that setup. I'm considering trying to adapt it to a different rifle. I see that center fire systems sells a yugo underfolding stock, but it doesn't come with the trunnion.

http://centerfiresystems.com/STKUF.aspx

I've never attempted to take the stock of my M70 apart, and really don't intend to, so I have no idea what really goes into the trunnion. Is it just a chunk of metal with a hole in it or is there some more machining involved? Would it be a big deal to make one with a drill press or a vertical mill with basic tooling? Does anyone have any pictures of one?

I'm digging my yugo too. UTG rails, UTG foregrip, UTG flash light, and Hogue grip (hopefully that's not TOO tacti-cool for this crowd). Its just a HEAVY monster. It "feels" twice has heavy as a WASR. Good thing I'm not carting it around the jungle! Its the night time raccoon pounder...

Thanks for the link! I'm certainly going to dig deeper on the topic.

You can find surplus Yugo rear trunions, or a complete stock set if you hunt.

A US made m70 underfolder trunion is gonna cost you @ $75.

The thing you need to remember, most Yugo's were built on a 1.5mm receiver. The rear trunion will be to narrow to install in a Saiga receiver.

That said...... It is doable.... with thin sheet metal shims on both sides.

A Romanian underfolder assembly would be most likely the cheapest way to go.