I called about 7 Walmarts this morning between Raleigh and Richmond (we are driving up to see family) and none of them had any .223. One said they received some this morning and was sold out by 10AM. I have been informed that they can't control the ammo orders and do not know what will be arriving in each shipment. Even my usual websites I check are either sold out or want more than I can stomach paying. Crazy times.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

Sorry, this does not help, I'm just stoked about it, but I just found some 440 round cans of x54r for $90 each and bought all that he had! Not a bad price at all.

Nice find!

I went to my local Wallyworld today, just to find a couple boxes of .308 soft tips... I bought a box anyway because I am supposed to be doing a damn trade for an FAL.. but the guy who is assisting the trade it dickin' around..

I traded some AR parts for a sealed package, 500 rounds of wolf hp. They had it priced at $200 at a local shop.

I went to a local gun show today. $20 boxes of Remington .223 brass. $15 boxes of Tula .223. That was average price and PEOPLE WERE BUYING IT!!!! I was absolutely shocked at some of the prices I saw there... Such as an unconverted Saiga 7.62x39 for $1300!

Well, Have an order placed couple months ago. It was approved backorder. Long time customer. Noticed couple days ago they got a shipment in via email alert. About 20% higher. So I called. Since usually I get an email. about 48 hours in advance that "Will be in stock and ship date". Got a little run around, know it's busy, yet never before handled this way. Even in 08/9 madness. Told already sold out. Owner called back couple hours later. Said My shipment was being sent post haste with originally honored price, and was taking from a now fired employees personal order. Believe a little employee black marketing going on.

• Like 1

Just a heads up, be careful when looking at Walmart's online pages on ammo. They showed 'Limited Stock' of .223 at two different stores, and I drove to one, nothing, then called the other one and they don't have it either and the manager said he knows the count is wrong on the computer, but can't change it. F*ckin' Wallyworld...

For the new folks: http://gun-deals.com : look for ammo there.

7.62x39 is easy to find, I assume only internet sources are valid to this situation.

54R and 5.45 can be found with some looking.

22LR is scarce as hell. Pick up when you find it.

40SW can be had as can 9mm and 45 if you dont mind the reaming..

308 OTOH is just not available anywhere unless you go high end. This is the round to reload if you do nothing else. Good luck finding good brass.

Now is the time some us should look in the mirror and say "Ya done good getting this done yeas ago..."

Edit:

I know some of you detest buying ammo online for various reasons but unless you have a real good source locally you are wasting your time, well there it is. Any private sales you wish to conduct do it quickly.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 2

Was @ my local Fleet Farm, had both 123 and 124gr wolf 7.62x39 full shelf, lots of 9mm remington 115gr, only cheap 22lr was winchester wildcat for 2.09/50. no .223 and even some other ammo is getting scarce. Went to Walmart and they were ok for larger cal's, no .223, x39, and some others.

SGAmmo had a few 200rd cases of Hornady 223 earlier today for over a buck a round. Gone in minutes.

I stopped by waldo world this evening and looked. Empty shelves as usual.

I'm starting to wonder how long this shit is going to last. I thought the ammo makers would crank it up but it doesn't seem like they are.

I skipped the crossroads gunshow this weekend cause I won't stand in line for hours, just to pay to get in, just to see no 223.

They're having ANOTHER crossroads this weekend, and I'm skipping this one too. If there is any 223 it will go to those that are in line at 4AM.

If it keeps up the line is going to get longer and we are going to end up in the back......

/http://www2.wspa.com/news/2013/jan/09/5/police-facing-shortage-ammunition-training-ar-5329844/

If nothing else it's got me off my ass to start reloading.

Edited by sccritterkiller

The catalogs keep pouring in advertising all manner of ammo and when you check its all gone.

Why even make the damned things.

If you look hard enough it's out there but it aint cheap.

Edit : BTW reloading components now starting to get tougher to find. My mainstay, Hornady FMJBT, bullets are just nowhere to be found. Higher end bullets still available but pricey.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Hit up scheels, Gander Mountain on friday. 9mm sould out, 223 and x39. SHocking is that they were sold out of 30-30 as well.

Went to Fleet Farm yesterday they were sold out of the 9mm they had last time I was in there. They were limiting mags to 1 per person per day. They had some 5.45 for $140/spam can(price could have been higher can't remember exact). They had all sorts of x39 instock both wpa and wolf in 124/123gr FMJ and also som HP's, shelves are about 2-3ft wide and about a 2ft deep and they were stocked. They sell for $5.50 for FMJ and $5.70 for HP's. They had .22Lr winchester white box for $2.09/box of 50 and they had lots of that as well. I picked up a box of 30-30 fusions 150gr for $17 and 10 boxes of the .22LR and a ak mag for $20 metal.

Sugar Land Texas Area:

If anyone is in the market for .380 ammo, Gander Mountain in Greatwood on the other side of the Brazos River has CCI blazer ball and various other hollow point in stock. There is no limit on ammo purchases as Academy is enforcing.

Edited by yakdung
Sugar Land Texas Area:

If anyone is in the market for .380 ammo, Gander Mountain in Greatwood on the other side of the Brazos River has CCI blazer ball and various other hollow point in stock. There is no limit on ammo purchases as Academy is enforcing.

I have yet to find 380 out of stock anywhere.

Sugar Land Texas Area:

I have yet to find 380 out of stock anywhere.

In the 77479 zip code, it took five trips to different stores before locating any.