I hit my local Wallyworld this weekend and picked up 20 boxes of 7.62 Tula, two 100 round boxes of Remington UMC 9mm JHP, and two 100 round boxes of UMC .40 JHP. Also picked up some Remington bulk packs of slugs and 00 Buck at the same location on Thursday. No .223 anywhere, .22 lr for that matter. Good thing I picked up four cans of M855 when Walmart had it in stock.

• Like 1
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By another:   The ammo situation is getting desperate This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home I stopped at the gas station and this drop dead gorgeous b

Just checked the SG Ammo site and saw this at the top of the page;   "SGAmmo.com will be closing March 15th through March 24th. We will resume regular business on the 25th"   Bet they've been like

I wonder how many Wallyworld clerks are just fucking with people?

Posted Images

It's weird because I see alot of .40 but no 9 or 45. I guess .40 must not be that popular of a round. Oh well! I can use it. Thanks Wally world for not price gouging like some of these other pricks out there. A lot of people talk bad on Wally but they always come through.what.gif

Edited by LOVE MY SAIGA!

I've been using ammoseek.com to find my ammo. It indexes everyone big for ammo (Ammo Sale, Ammo Connect, Ables, Alamo Ammo, Ammoman, Brownells, Bud's Gun Shop, Ammo To Go, Bass Pro, Cabelas, CTD, and a ton of others). Essentially it's an ammo sale search engine.

You can search by caliber sort by type, grains, manufacturer, and even keywords, and sort by price/round.

Edited by slippingaway

Better half just came back from Wally World with two 50rd WWB in .45. It was a few bucks more than the 100rd value packs we normally get.

She mentioned there were 50rd boxes of .38 at regular prices and WWB 40rds 7.62x39 for $30 something.

The clerk said they get ammo in from time to time and it doesn't last long.

I've been using ammoseek.com to find my ammo. It indexes everyone big for ammo (Ammo Sale, Ammo Connect, Ables, Alamo Ammo, Ammoman, Brownells, Bud's Gun Shop, Ammo To Go, Bass Pro, Cabelas, CTD, and a ton of others). Essentially it's an ammo sale search engine.

You can search by caliber sort by type, grains, manufacturer, and even keywords, and sort by price/round.

Great under normal circumstances but its too slow when ammo deals come and go in minutes.

Same thing I found today Boomsick42, my local Cabelas had the same deal. Herters, 7.62x39 122gr, SP and HP were 6.99 a box and the FMJ was 7.45 (no clue why the price difference). Also had the 10 box limit so I grabbed 200 rounds.

Asked about .223 (my buddy shoots an AR) and they had nothing.

Same thing I found today Boomsick42, my local Cabelas had the same deal. Herters, 7.62x39 122gr, SP and HP were 6.99 a box and the FMJ was 7.45 (no clue why the price difference). Also had the 10 box limit so I grabbed 200 rounds.

Asked about .223 (my buddy shoots an AR) and they had nothing.

My wife asked me what the difference was, one being cheaper, same looking box. I told her that the cheaper ones were better anyways, then bought ten myself. She was happy to save 46 cents a box, I was happy to get hollow points.

aim had some 223 wolf yesterday for 5.99 but of course i couldnt even get the webpage to load. all these idiots buying everything up to sell it at high prices on gun scammer. you would think the ammo factories would have been running 24/7 the past month but who knows.

That is the problem. Demand is jacking prices all around. The longer people panic buy, the longer the prices will stay inflated. If people would calm down a tad, the supply would catch up and even pass the demand, and prices would come down. Not going to happen, but it would be nice.

• Like 1

Walked into Academy to veiw the carnage since I have not been in any store since this crap started. The ammo shelves had only shotgun shells some premium hunting rounds and 7.62x39. The little sign states 3 boxes per all cals. except the x39. It usually runs 4.99 but was 5.99. There was an entire case on the counter and the guy said grab from it first so I he wouldn't have to display it. I figured WTH so I grabbed it and 500 more. There was still 60-80 boxes left on the shelf.

• Like 2
As of right now, 1-25-13 at 7:05 am, Ammunitiontogo.com has a good selection of 7.62x39 as well as others, but are backed up 20+ days for delays within the industry.

I can't bring myself to pay $.60/round for steel cased brown bear or wolf. But, they do have it in stock if others are interested.

As of right now, 1-25-13 at 7:05 am, Ammunitiontogo.com has a good selection of 7.62x39 as well as others, but are backed up 20+ days for delays within the industry.

I can't bring myself to pay $.60/round for steel cased brown bear or wolf. But, they do have it in stock if others are interested.

It dont bother me much. Im used to paying around a dollar a round for brass cased ammo from domestic manufacturers and $.50 a round for the Russain. I half expect the prices to go up as the availablilitydecreases.

FYI and ya'll may already know this but steer clear of SAMCO GLOBAL. I ordered 2500 rounds of 9mm 2 weeks ago and it was advertised as 1250 rounds in sealed tins. My confirmation/receipt even stated such. I bought several tins like this about a year ago so I knew what to expect. While looking over their site again last night I noticed the price had increased and was only offer in loose quantities. So I called this morning and said what is the hold up and I do not want loose quantities. I was told if your receipt says in the can that is what it will be. I said OK can you make sure? He goes to check and proceeds to tell me, loose pack is all that is available and I said but you just said otherwise as does my confirmation, well no dice. So I cancelled the order. I suspect they have gotten on the gouge the sh*t out of you bandwagon. Screw 'em.

I did not want loose packs because this stuff comes in 50 round cardboard boxes that are sealed with masking type tape. No problem except the tape has dried out and the boxes when you take them out of the tin fall apart. I'm not about to sit there and count out 2500 rounds and I promise it'll be short. Lastly, if you ever buy from them the really screw you on shipping. It is not displayed or estimated on the site and when you order they just add that on AFTER you pay. I have dealt with them before and knew this but for this order was $80 shipping.

exactly, no way in hell i am paying 150 dollars more for 500 rounds. i doubt it even costs 50 bucks to make 500 rounds for the russians.

I could care less. lol. I'll buy what I can, when I can. Ive seen several people bitch about not paying a certain price, but turn around and bitch about not being able to find any. Its not that much different than people bitching about the price of a Saiga for $450, and now have remorse for not picking it up when they could have for a bit more money than what they are used to seeing it go for.

Thanks Wally world for not price gouging like some of these other pricks out there.

It's wierd. The 7.62 Tula I get there used to cost like $5.29 a box. I just paid $5.17 a box with this last batch.

It is weird. One of my local shops went from $5.80 a box for Wolf MC to $6.59 and down again to $5.49, but now his shelves are emtpy.

Edited by Captain Hero